New album thread: Summer 2019?

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.

Postby Andros on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:54 am

I want to hear "Believe" in full or that song that sounds like "Subject to Change". Bring back the old days (SBM era) again guys.
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re:

Postby sprinks41 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:02 am

Andros wrote:that song that sounds like "Subject to Change"

Part of "Subject to Change" became "No Reason" and another part became "Underclass Hero"...
User avatar

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 872
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:05 pm
First name: Jim
Age: 0
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Re: Re:

Postby Andros on Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 pm

sprinks41 wrote:
Andros wrote:that song that sounds like "Subject to Change"

Part of "Subject to Change" became "No Reason" and another part became "Underclass Hero"...


Yes, I know we can hear part of the lyrics of STC at the end of No Reason also part of the riff too and Underclass Hero is the chorus of STC. But I was talking about this song:

Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Re:

Postby Ashasx on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:12 am

Andros wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:
Andros wrote:that song that sounds like "Subject to Change"

Part of "Subject to Change" became "No Reason" and another part became "Underclass Hero"...


Yes, I know we can hear part of the lyrics of STC at the end of No Reason also part of the riff too and Underclass Hero is the chorus of STC. But I was talking about this song:



For a while now I've really felt like the song in this old SBM studio update would be the intro to the unused 13 Voices riff you've posted.



You can even hear a riff at the end of this clip that sounds like it could actually build into that unused 13 Voices teaser.

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

Ashasx
Bunkface
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:53 pm
First name: Jordan
Age: 26
Gender:

Postby Andros on Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Yeah, there are a lot of unreleased material that we can really enjoy, I hope someday they can release that kind of stuff, would be interesting to hear that.
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Re:

Postby TomiT14 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Ashasx wrote:For a while now I've really felt like the song in this old SBM studio update would be the intro to the unused 13 Voices riff you've posted.



You can even hear a riff at the end of this clip that sounds like it could actually build into that unused 13 Voices teaser.


I doubt they are from the same song. The 13 Voices riff is faster and more upbeat, and sounds more like a verse than a chorus. I don't see how the SBM song would transit to this faster riff.

Of course we can't say for sure until we hear those songs completely, which might never happen. Hopefully I'm wrong!
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Postby Andros on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 pm

Man I really want at least a snippet or preview of any new song.
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re:

Postby Ashasx on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Andros wrote:Man I really want at least a snippet or preview of any new song.


Maybe we got it?

Edit: never mind... guess it's a Pink Floyd instrumental

Last edited by Ashasx on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

Ashasx
Bunkface
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:53 pm
First name: Jordan
Age: 26
Gender:

Re: Re:

Postby TomiT14 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Ashasx wrote:
Andros wrote:Man I really want at least a snippet or preview of any new song.


Maybe we got it?



:ohshiz:
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Postby Andros on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:02 am

Damn really I was hyped, but maybe we are one step closer to hear something new?
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Stef on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Posted a photoshoot on instagram with a 'tomorrow' caption...


ALL BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, BOIS
Image
Image
Image



Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
User avatar

Stef
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Belgium!
First name: Stef
Age: 25
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby sprinks41 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:31 am

Stef wrote:Posted a photoshoot on instagram with a 'tomorrow' caption...


ALL BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, BOIS

They reposted it saying the original caption was misleading and they didn't intend it to be. Tomorrow they're sharing a behind-the-scenes video of that photoshoot.
User avatar

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 872
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:05 pm
First name: Jim
Age: 0
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Stef on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:31 am

sprinks41 wrote:
Stef wrote:Posted a photoshoot on instagram with a 'tomorrow' caption...


ALL BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, BOIS

They reposted it saying the original caption was misleading and they didn't intend it to be. Tomorrow they're sharing a behind-the-scenes video of that photoshoot.



BUT WHY DID THEY DO THE SHOOT?!

ALL BOARD THE LITTLE LESS HYPE TRAIN!
Image
Image
Image



Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
User avatar

Stef
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Belgium!
First name: Stef
Age: 25
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums

PostThis post was deleted by SBMurder on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 am.

Postby Stef on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:09 am

Image
Image
Image



Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
User avatar

Stef
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Belgium!
First name: Stef
Age: 25
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums

Postby SBMurder on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Wow they are really secretive about this album. getting intrigued how its gonna sound. If they are already shooting a video for a song no one knows yet.
User avatar

SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Whitby,Ontario,Canada
First name: Jeff
Age: 18
Gender:

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Lars on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:03 am

Apparentely the song is called ‘Out for Blood’, so someone claims on Reddit.
Image
Lars
All Killer No Filler
 
Posts: 1537
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Lars on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:20 pm

Not gonna post the link here, but there is a tiny snippet of the new single floating around the internet.
Image
Lars
All Killer No Filler
 
Posts: 1537
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Postby Volted on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Also saw on Reddit that the song will be out on the 24th.
User avatar

Volted
Bunkface
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:12 am

Postby HugoDisasters on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:40 pm

A short snippet is available on YouTube

**NOTE: HUGE SPOILER ALERT**
Spoiler: show

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron