Moderator: Jeremy Kill

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Brown Tom not listed in booklet?

Post by samueeL »

TomiT14 wrote:Off-topic: Who is Matt Squire? Credited as a writer for Baby You Don't Wanna Know? And how is he affiliated with the Sums / Deryck?
We talked about his while ago and nobody really had any idea. I think Heather is gonna ask him soon in Q&A. He has worked with many artists as producer & writer

This is all I could find: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6331135/Permanent_ME
jaw knee jak
Bunkface

Post by jaw knee jak »

this thread is upside down, some one is fucking with us!
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

jaw knee jak wrote:this thread is upside down, some one is fucking with us!
Happy April Fools Day!
[donate][/donate]
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

Jeremy Kill wrote:. As far as I know, the rest of the song is unchanged. I remember Tom also said he had written the song "with Sum 41 in mind" or "specifically for Sum 41"... something along those lines.
From my interview :

"When Deryck was writing for the "EP" he called me and asked if I had any songs. The basic idea of the song had been written when I was writing for the gob album "Muertos Vivos" It just never materialized. I heard stuff that Deryck was writing and I figured that SBM might work for Sum41. Deryck wrote lyrics and tweaked the melodies and it turned out great. I think that probably turned out better than if it was released a gob song. "
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

I think Tom is very modest and appreciative about his place in Sum 41 doesn't want to take credit away from Deryck, because people would assume he also did guitars on the album.
It might have also been a meaningless formal business decision, because they still pay him as a touring guitarist or something and didn't want to mess around with the contracts again.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Roach41
First name: Fernando

Post by Roach41 »

TomiT14 wrote:There was a re-issue of the booklet released with Tom's name on it. Too bad it was impossible to know which version had the new booklet without buying it first. Would've loved to have that copy. :sosad:

What mistakes did the lyrics have? I probably missed them all. :glad:
Well as u may know I'm a new skumfuk and I bought SBM this year (february) and Tom isn't listed :sosad: . About the mistakes on the lyrics, here they are :winkwink: :

There might be some other minor mistakes but those are the most noticable ones :silly: .
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Roach41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:There was a re-issue of the booklet released with Tom's name on it. Too bad it was impossible to know which version had the new booklet without buying it first. Would've loved to have that copy. :sosad:

What mistakes did the lyrics have? I probably missed them all. :glad:
Well as u may know I'm a new skumfuk and I bought SBM this year (february) and Tom isn't listed :sosad: . About the mistakes on the lyrics, here they are :winkwink: :

There might be some other minor mistakes but those are the most noticable ones :silly: .
Haha, I guess I never read them too much in detail. :glad:
The first "A" in Blood In My Eyes is not necessarily a mistake. But the rest, I guess no one double checked them, especially Back Where I Belong. :silly:
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

I remember there was an issue with some album covers saying "Sum 41 presents" while others were printed with "Sum 41 starring in". Had this something to do with the booklets containing Tom's name or is this a whole other topic?
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

I just wanted to say i'm a big fan of gob, and i love Muertos Vivos. that record is so good and after listening to that record..it makes so much sense tom is in sum41. also tom and deryck give me a similar fibe, frontman/singer wise.

i love how we now have brownsound and tom
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

May be a bit off topic, but right now it feels a little odd to log in here and see a picture of the band before Stevo left. Think it would be cool if TNS got a background picture with Frank and Dave there.
pescidavid
First name: David
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano

Re:

Post by pescidavid »

The Jester wrote:May be a bit off topic, but right now it feels a little odd to log in here and see a picture of the band before Stevo left. Think it would be cool if TNS got a background picture with Frank and Dave there.
So much yaaaaaaaas :glad: