Poll: FMOD vs. War

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Which song do you enjoy listening to the most?

Fake My Own Death
86%
War
14%

Total votes: 14

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Poll: FMOD vs. War

Post by TomiT14 »

13 Voices is two weeks away, so let's get TNS rolling!

Soon we'll have some more songs to listen to, but before that it would be interesting to see which song, FMOD or War, have you been enjoying the most. I'm not asking which song is better, since they are so different from each other, but rather which song have you been listening to more lately.

For me, when War came out, it was all about that song. I still think it's the perfect first single, since it has (and will) gained some good vibes throughout the general public. I've never been as excited for a slow song as I have been now. But since I'm more into the fast-paced songs, lately I've gone back to FMOD. :silly:

It's all about the situation and the mood, of course, but generally I'd say FMOD for me. That being said, I really hope it's not the best song on the album, though. :devious:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

FMoD as well. great riff, great voice, great bridge. War is still very good, but not heavy enough :p

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

For me I prefer Fake My Own Death I really enjoy listen it. In my first listen i thought fuck, is very different to another song and i had doubts about 13 voices but i have heard that song several times and at now i think this song is one of my best songs of them, i feel a lot of energy, motivation and when im sad this type of songs makes me feel better!
War for the people is a commercial song but for me is a song for authentic fan, is very personal, with this song im proud of Deryck, with war i feel joy mixed with pain and i feel an inexplicable feeling when i listen it.
Both are songs very good for me, these songs transmit me differents things but i enjoy listening more with FMOD
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Poll: FMOD vs. War

Post by Iam The Ghost »

For me, it's War.
But I can't say I'm blown away either of them. They're fine, just never got to my mind that I want to listen to them right now.
In FMOD I'm not into the verses. That noise effects on Deryck's voice annoy me. The new Billy Talent album is so clean, so pure, you can easily seperate every sound, guitar, bass, drum and Ben's voice and I loved that. Now I miss this clean sound, and especially in FMOD, that is so chaotic and disturbing for me.
About the chorus I can say the same as the first time: it's typical Sum 41, but in the boring way... I just can't shake the feeling I heard this many-many times.
Although I like the bridge and the last chorus with fast drum background is better.

Can't say War is any special but has a pleasant melody and I like the other vocals.

All in all, from what we have heard till this time, my favourite one is one of the teaser with vocal. :devious:
(which now we know will be
Spoiler: show
Twisted by Design
)
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

Totally depends on my mood. Right now I'd say War, ask me when I'm more energetic and I'll say Fake My Own Death. Slight edge to Fake My Own Death, though I love both songs.

And I too, hope they're the worst songs on the album
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Fake My Own Death for me. It was a good song choice to bring attention back to the band. It's everything you'd expect from Sum 41 and a little more. Of course, I really hope it's not the best, fastest song on the album.
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

I'm going with War. I love FMOD and War musically all the same, but the lyrics... War has appeared in my life in the perfect moment, I just can relate to what D. is saying and ever since I heard the song, my life is getting better and better. So, what am I fighting for? :winkwink:
bizzyd676
First name: Tone
Post by bizzyd676 »

I play Fake My Own Death more often because I like energetic stuff when I am walking around, but War is a better song to me.

On FMOD at first I wasn't 100 on the radio effect verses, but over time I understood how it enhances the feeling of the song. Not to mention the bridge and instrumental part are epic plus a catchy hook.

WAR is just dope, probably the most positive Sum song ever besides We're the Same.