Steve and Deryck relationship

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
Steve and Deryck relationship

Post by kILLDR3n »

I haven't been on this site in a long time. Its obvious Deryck and Steve have some beef since his departure. Deryck doesn't mention him or speak to him (even when they both attended the same AC/DC concert or whatever show it was).

Anybody have any other info on this?
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: Steve and Deryck relationship

Post by Stef »

I think they aren't friends anymore.. Deryck had a huge drinking problem and I have the feeling Steve didn't like that and yeah.. Shit happened?

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan
Post by Ashasx »

I really don't think there is anything to this. Steve moved on from the band to spend more time with his family.

Deryck has since become sober, and Steve wasn't afraid to have a drink every now and then either.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

No I think there is a lot more to this. Increasing tension in the band during SBM tour was stated by Deryck during an interview recently. Deryck and Steve definitely have differences. There isn't any doubt.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

it is obvious that Deryck and Stevo no longer get along, really I do not care why that's something personal between them, now we have a great drummer who is committed to the band from the beginning and that he looks very happy being a Sum 41.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I don't think it really matters but I would find it hard to believe that Steve still has beef with Deryck after his near death experience now he has his life and health back on track.

It's more likely Deryck is far to busy to with his current projects that he doesn't see or speak to Steve much but in all honestly, it's hard to tell the situation because none of us are there or have access to personal information like that.

However, Sum 41 is still going strong. I wasn't too sure about the new drummer at first but he's pretty good and learned the tracks very well. I will however, always miss Steve's Pain for Pleasure.
[donate][/donate]
bizzyd676
First name: Tone

Post by bizzyd676 »

I get the feeling that maybe it was Stevo who wasn't there for him when he fell on his hard times... I've heard a couple interviews where he was talking about how people you think care about you disappear when shit goes down and he's obviously not talking about Cone or Dave.

He could however be referring to all his party friends and what not that were in the SBM documentary, because I'm sure they all ditched him after he stopped living the "rockstar life" around them