New 13 Voices Info + Single Revealed!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

GNARKILL

New 13 Voices Info + Single Revealed!

Post by GNARKILL »

Sorry for making a new topic, but I have limited data.

Anyways, I'm in Anchorage and I just saw the very first show of the Warped tour.

Hung out near backstage and met all 5 members. Actually got pulled up to watch the show on the side of the stage. Amazing night!!

ANYWAYS... grilled them all on the new album. Some were more revealing than others...

I asked if they'd played a new song tonight, they said no, not until the single is released. I asked when that was, they said "soon. real soon." The next member said "1-2 weeks". The single is going to be Goddamn, I'm Dead Again. A music video has already been made.

I complained about the lack of information regarding the new album, and they explained that it's just part of being signed to a label. Though Hopeless is much, much better than island.

Get ready skum fucks!!!!

None of this info is Bs. I have better things to do with my time. I refrained from
Mentioning who said what, because I don't want to get anybody in trouble.

They also said if you love Chuck you're going to love this album. Though SBM is similar. The original album is 10 tracks but they recorded 3 bonus tracks.

Props to dearyou_182 & erikj9 !!!
Jeremy Kill
Re: New 13 Voices Info + Single Revealed!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hey man, I'm glad you managed to meet the band! I always feel like the titles that pop up the most often during the writing/recording process end up being significant later on as a first single or album title (in this case "13 Voices" and "Goddamn, I'm Dead Again"). So it makes sense the first single would be the song with that title we've been seeing over time.

Anyway, this next two weeks is going to go by painfully slow.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Nice to know thanks man now we have two wait two weeks.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Glad someone from TNS was able to experience what you had on the first of many shows this summer! Thanks for sharing! You gave us some "motivation" to get through this week until the single arrives.
GNARKILL

Post by GNARKILL »

I was hanging out in the beer gardens and noticed the VIP backstage area was right next to it. So I just hung out along the guard rail, having some brews. Out walks by Brown Tom, which was perfect because I was rocking a GOB t shirt. He stopped by and we chatted for a bit. Then out comes Zummo a half hour later. He stopped and introduced himself. Then I didn't see any of the other guys for an hour or so. So I left a comment on Dave's Instagram about wanting to meet him, where I was. Then boom, our comes Dave "hey, are you Steve?". We chatted the longest. He's by far the nicest and most respectful famous person I've ever met. We chatted the longest, I welcomed him back to the band. I asked him what's different this time around, etc.

I was convinced I wouldn't spot Deryck but he came out in a hurry with a security guard. I almost missed him but quickly yelled out asking for a photo. He said "in a few mins!" And went behind the stage for a while. Then on his way back he stopped by briefly. Finally, I'm like "OK now I gotta get the whole band!" and looking everywhere for Cone. Close to an hour and nothing, and their set was about to start in an hour. Then I saw Dave again and I said "where's Cone?? Come on, get him out here!". Sure enough, as soon as Dave headed back, out comes Cone. "Hey, Steve?". Good job Dave! We chatted quite long as well.

Show time came around and I was already so satisfied having met all of them. The venue wasn't very big at all, so I was able to get front and Center with ease. I only lasted about 2 songs before Deryck asks who wants to come on stage. He picked a couple people and then looks me dead in the eyes and points me out. I was holding up the 41 salute and he goes "you! With the 41 salute, get your ass up here!". I couldn't believe it! Security yanks me from the crowd and I climb up on stage. I got to watch the rest of the show on the side of stage with only about a few people.

What an experience! I haven't ever done that before. Right before the final song Deryck goes "this song is dedicated to the crazy mother fucker who drove 37 hours to see us play! This songs for you!" Which is me, I couldn't fucking believe it. They wrapped up the show, I grabbed the set list and that was it. Incredible!!

GNARKILL

Post by GNARKILL »

Here's the set list, which I'll hide because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who's catching them later on in the tour

Spoiler: show
the hell song
Over my head
Motivation - 88/slayer
Grab the devil
We're all to blame
Walking disaster
SBM
Underclass hero
Still waiting
In too deep
Fat lip

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

GNARKILL wrote:Right before the final song Deryck goes "this song is dedicated to the crazy mother fucker who drove 37 hours to see us play! This songs for you!" Which is me, I couldn't fucking believe it.
Duuuuuude! 37 hours? :glad:

That's CRAZY! Glad you got to experience all this!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re:

Post by SumGeek »

GNARKILL wrote:Show time came around and I was already so satisfied having met all of them. The venue wasn't very big at all, so I was able to get front and Center with ease. I only lasted about 2 songs before Deryck asks who wants to come on stage. He picked a couple people and then looks me dead in the eyes and points me out. I was holding up the 41 salute and he goes "you! With the 41 salute, get your ass up here!". I couldn't believe it! Security yanks me from the crowd and I climb up on stage. I got to watch the rest of the show on the side of stage with only about a few people.

What an experience! I haven't ever done that before. Right before the final song Deryck goes "this song is dedicated to the crazy mother fucker who drove 37 hours to see us play! This songs for you!" Which is me, I couldn't fucking believe it. They wrapped up the show, I grabbed the set list and that was it. Incredible!!
Moral of the story: Dave is THE man! I can definitely speak of him with the same gratitude you have, having met him a few years ago at a show. Ever since our meeting, he always says nice things to me whenever we interact. Just a very appreciative and great individual!

And getting a song dedicated to you on stage?! That's only one of the things I dream about! Haha. You definitely deserved it, and all the other events that occurred leading up to the show! Loved reading your story.
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Post by MetalMilition41 »

That's really cool man. 37 hours? You're clearly a madman. I got a flight to see them on the Kerrang tour in Birmingham back in February and I managed to get pulled up on stage. Dave is the man, seems to connect with the fans. He gave me a hug and his pick. But having a song dedicated to you is the dream. Well done dude.