Sum 41 enters studio!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Re: Sum 41 enters studio!

Post by Lars »

This gets me really excited.

I'm not a huge fan of the artwork nor the old logo, but hey... I think the SBM cover sucked as well and it'd their best record by far.

The song titles seem to be very dark and at some point even bitter and 'revenge'-ish. But I believe they perfectly reflect what Deryck's been through.

We're up for a dark and heavy yet catchy and persobal record.
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

Wonderful news! So pumped!

I have a feeling "The Fall And The Rise" might be a longer epic song. Deryck even references it in the description :) It would make up for the shorter tracklist for sure!
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

I am so hyped and excited right now. The song titles are all pretty badass, and the cover fits very well with that. Album title doesn't fit that well with it however, but I guess we'll see.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

The most important question is that will 13 Voices track have 13 vocal tracks?

Also didn't Sum 41 just record 11th song, it was in the instagram update also. Might be bonus track or something.
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

The time has (almost) finally arrived! :winkwink:

I think the artwork is pretty cool. '13 Voices' sounds sick too. Tracklist seems really dark and I like the fact, that by the look of it, there's no songs like Baby You Don't Wanna Know or Time For You To Go (I'm still not a huge fan of both even though SBM is my all time favourite album). I'm looking forward to hearing some new songs. Would be awesome if we get to listen to the frist single by the end of the month.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41.com is back online, although it's just a temporary site saying "New site coming soon".

Damn I'm excited again! I love the artwork, since it's clearly a homage to the skull logo from AKNF era, which suits their 20th anniversary along with their efforts to appreciate their past with #41Archives.

An album called 13 Voices should've had 13 songs, but I'm sure there will be a lengthy song to make up for it. And in one of the Pledge updates they said they have the bonus tracks recorded as well, so there will be more.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Checked some instagram vids of Deryck and Frank talking and answering fan questions at some event. Video of it should come out at some point? Anyways, some stuff:

- Why is Brownsound brown? Apparently heritage from Guyana(?)
- How to deal with stage fright? Realize that you don't look like you're Brad Pitt and it doesn't matter what you look and so on. You can say stupid shit and look dumb sometimes, that's okey.
- Broken up band you'd like to see live? Oasis

I hope the questions will be interesting in the full video and not the same old typical ones! It could be even hour long judging from the other videos of the same series, hopefully it will be posted soon.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

samueeL wrote:The most important question is that will 13 Voices track have 13 vocal tracks?
That would be awesome. A triumphant chorus with gang vocals or maybe something similar to near the end of Pull the Curtain. Thirteen sounds a bit overkill though, haha.
Sickore wrote:there's no songs like Baby You Don't Wanna Know or Time For You To Go (I'm still not a huge fan of both even though SBM is my all time favourite album).
I agree. Those two songs could've been left out or released as bonus tracks. They just seem too out of place in an album so dark, and if you make a playlist of the album with those songs gone it has a much better flow, I think.