Deryck Whibley and the Happiness Machines???

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Deryck Whibley and the Happiness Machines???

Post by samueeL »

Pledge for new Sum 41 album! http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/sum41
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I might be a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in after watching almost all the San Diego shows on YouTube.

Honestly, if Deryck Whibley & the Happiness Machines were to continue on as "Sum 41" I wouldn't mind. Maybe because they were practice shows, or just a different dynamic with the band members, or maybe I was just excited to see Deryck on stage again, but I felt like that the San Diego show had a lot of life to it. I'm assuming it's Deryck's enthusiasm for being on stage for the first time in years is what makes it such a refreshing/entertaining show to watch, even from my computer screen.

I really enjoyed the intro before Over My Head, drum solo by Frank in King of Contradiction, and the Second Chance for Devin Bronson for The Hell Song solo.

tl;dr Deryck Whibley & the Happiness Machines is a tight band.
Mr. Biz
First name: Deryck

Post by Mr. Biz »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I might be a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in after watching almost all the San Diego shows on YouTube.

Honestly, if Deryck Whibley & the Happiness Machines were to continue on as "Sum 41" I wouldn't mind. Maybe because they were practice shows, or just a different dynamic with the band members, or maybe I was just excited to see Deryck on stage again, but I felt like that the San Diego show had a lot of life to it. I'm assuming it's Deryck's enthusiasm for being on stage for the first time in years is what makes it such a refreshing/entertaining show to watch, even from my computer screen.

I really enjoyed the intro before Over My Head, drum solo by Frank in King of Contradiction, and the Second Chance for Devin Bronson for The Hell Song solo.

dude, what an awesome comment! thank you so much that means a lot. i'm going to show the other guys. they will be super happy. they took this very seriously and wanted to respect the fans and the music with their performance. we were a little nervous as to how people would perceive this whole thing. the energy in audience each night was great too. myself and the rest of the guys had a blast and would love to do it again.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Mr. Biz wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I might be a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in after watching almost all the San Diego shows on YouTube.

dude, what an awesome comment! thank you so much that means a lot. i'm going to show the other guys. they will be super happy. they took this very seriously and wanted to respect the fans and the music with their performance. we were a little nervous as to how people would perceive this whole thing. the energy in audience each night was great too. myself and the rest of the guys had a blast and would love to do it again.
I wouldn't mind either at all if that would be required to keep the shows coming.
Frank Zummo seems like a great and capable drummer after what I've seen on YouTube! At first I couldn't really imagine Sum 41 without Steve. But now it is becoming more apparent that I don't mind at all because the excitement for you being back Deryck and creating music for all the skumfuks out here just overwhelms all doubts I ever had. In that sense I fully agree with Jeremy.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Mr. Biz wrote:

No problem! Obviously I mean nothing against Cone or Tom, but things change with time and if something were to happen then you should know that I believe "the Happiness Machines" are more than capable of taking up the mantle.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I really enjoyed the intro before Over My Head
THIS! I meant to make mention of it, but I forgot. I hope this little intro finds its way into the upcoming sets for this little song from now on!
Mr. Biz

Post by Mr. Biz »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Mr. Biz wrote:

No problem! Obviously I mean nothing against Cone or Tom, but things change with time and if something were to happen then you should know that I believe "the Happiness Machines" are more than capable of taking up the mantle.

yeah i totally know what you're saying. thanks for being so realistic and open minded. very clear thinking of you.
Mr. Biz

Post by Mr. Biz »

SumGeek wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I really enjoyed the intro before Over My Head
THIS! I meant to make mention of it, but I forgot. I hope this little intro finds its way into the upcoming sets for this little song from now on!
cool. yeah i really liked it too. that came out so naturally in rehearsals with the machines. today is our first jam with the sums and i'll bring it up to the guys. i'm sure we'll make our own similar version to it.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

true fans will continue to deryck whatever you do, but there's nothing better than Deryck touch with Sum 41 with Tom Cone and that will be the new drummer. That there is no doubt
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Sum 41:
can't wait to hit the stage at the ‪#‎APMAs‬ tonight! tune into AXS TV to catch our performance live - you do not wanna miss it!!!

Someone record this shizzle??
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

WOW....
That's all I'll say, that was crazy good with a huge surprise!!! I'm not ruining it for anyone who didn't watch it!! :razz:
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

Somebody please provide a link to the performance if/when possible.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

The show is end? And you can tell me the sorprise via pm I don't have any problem :glad:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Holy shit, I hope this gets put up on YouTube or something. I saw some pictures on Instagram and Twitter. I couldn't catch the show because I'm in Canada and they don't have a live stream of the performance.

I think I know what the big surprise is but for those who don't want to be spoiled, I'll use the spoiler feature.
Spoiler: show
Dave showed up and played with them.
Here's the link to the AP YouTube page. I'm hoping they post up videos of the show as they happen. Keep your eyes peeled!

https://www.youtube.com/altpress
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Holy shit, I hope this gets put up on YouTube or something. I saw some pictures on Instagram and Twitter. I couldn't catch the show because I'm in Canada and they don't have a live stream of the performance.

I think I know what the big surprise is but for those who don't want to be spoiled, I'll use the spoiler feature.
Spoiler: show
Dave showed up and played with them.
Yes, I think that's the surprise, I see Sum 41 Brasil twitter because they put that and some of the song that they played like Still Waiting, Fat Lip, IN TOO DEEP, What Were All About.

I don't know if they only play 8 minutes, but anyway here the first 8 minutes of the show guys! Enjoy it!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

The Happiness Machines will perform again on November 19th!

Click to view the fullsize image.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTE8h9WUEAAR0Ix.jpg:large[/imgwidth]
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Great new! Thanks for the Info.
Regards
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle

Post by Ferdehh41 »