TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Sickore wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
WHY oh fucking WHY did I have to work today???!?!?!!
I was actually very much surprised that you were silent when the news has appeared. Guess the mistery is solved now! :winkwink:
This is crazy, I'm fucking excited and pissed at the same time! :glad:

I mean, I've always dreamed of seeing (not to mention having) some of Deryck's lyric sheets. And now when I get home I hear he's SELLING them? And they are already GONE? :balling:

Oh well, I guess I have to "settle" with signed CD + vinyl. :glad:
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: New Album-Discussion

Post by Iam The Ghost »

TomiT14 wrote:This is crazy, I'm fucking excited and pissed at the same time! :glad:

I mean, I've always dreamed of seeing (not to mention having) some of Deryck's lyric sheets. And now when I get home I hear he's SELLING them? And they are already GONE? :balling:
To cheer you up: I doubt they are the original ones, guess they "just" write them down again and sign them, which super-awesome for me, but if you wanted the first and original lyric sheets then I don't think you missed anything. :happy:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

samueeL wrote:hmm kind of want vinyl but also afraid if it breaks in mail :D
You never ordered a record online before? That shit is packed secure.

I was kinda tempted by the lyric sheets but to be honest I'm not the kinda guy to collect stuff like that, especially for the price.
fuck this signature nonsense
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Re: Re:

Post by withchappedlips »

Gregorovich wrote:
You never ordered a record online before? That shit is packed secure.

I was kinda tempted by the lyric sheets but to be honest I'm not the kinda guy to collect stuff like that, especially for the price.
I can back this statement up. 90% or more of the records I own (I have over 200) were purchased online. If you buy from a legitimate distributor, like MerchNOW (gag), ShopRadioCast, MerchDirect, etc. you shouldn't have to worry about much at all in terms of problems with shipment. IF there is an issue with a shipment, you can always contact each of these distributors and they should be able to work with you to a) give you your money back, b) send you a new copy of the record, c) help fix the problem, whatever it may be. The only time you *should* have to worry about a damaged record is when you buy it from some asshole seller online that doesn't know what they're doing.

I know there are examples of distributors doing things improperly (Hot Topic definitely sometimes sends vinyl without proper record mailers), but usually they DO make up for it.

In this specific case, you're talking about buying a record straight from a band's pledgemusic webpage. This isn't a random dude in California sending the record across the USA to you. They will make sure that the record is mailed properly.

Now, on topic - This is so cool for Sum 41 and for their fans. I hope they follow up Screaming Bloody Murder with something awesome, especially seeing how much has happened in recent years with Deryck's health. Go you, make the best record you have ever made. Make music you want to make, and hopefully the fans will love it as much as you do.

My question - does the PledgeMusic campaign mean that this is a self released record, rather than doing it via a label of any sort? Or is the label going to come into play later in the process?
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Guys, it was like waking up on Christmas morning here. (And I am not one for the holidays…) I WAS NOT expecting this, and I was literally shaking as I frantically looked all the options over. I threw a bunch of potential items into my cart - lyric sheet, drum head, and drumsticks; but after rereading the lyric sheet info over and over, I realized it was not an original to the upcoming album, or even any, so after almost an hour I went ahead and purchased the signed drum head and drum sticks that will be used on the album.

If I did get the lyric sheet, it would have been for Pieces. I was contemplating it all day after I got ready to go out after my ordered checked out, but alas, it appears all signed items are sold out, except the album. Although it would have made a nice collectors item, as not many could say Deryck wrote them out something like that, I'm just glad I got what I did when I did!

PS: You guys know how most items says "all access" included, is this the behind-the-scenes content? cause I absolutely NEED this, and I didn't purchase an album for preorder (will be buying this the day of release.) Deryck, if you somehow happen to venture in here, is the behind-the-scenes content included in the "all access" thats included with the drum head and drum sticks?

OH, also, my little heart is crushed that I cannot attend the listening party or studio time as I reside in Canada; is this what they do to their homeland?! :sosad:
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

I bought a signed CD!

Does anyone know how we will be able to access the behind the scenes stuff? It didn't really say anything about it in the confirmation email. I can't wait to start seeing stuff. I'm hoping for a faster recording process since it looks like they might be going without a label until it is time to release?

It's great to see all this activity from the Sums. I would love for this album to really push them to the top of the charts and really into the mainstream again. I just want nothing more than Deryck to be happy, healthy, and successful. I really think Deryck being sober is going to make a huge difference on the success of this album. I mean just look at some of the recent live videos. Deryck hasn't sounded that good in years. I can't wait to hear this album!!
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Anyone else read the e-mail they received once they pre-ordered something?
Sum 41 has pledged to fulfill all exclusives by 31 March, 2016 unless otherwise stated.
:balling: :sosad:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Anyone else read the e-mail they received once they pre-ordered something?
Sum 41 has pledged to fulfill all exclusives by 31 March, 2016 unless otherwise stated.
:balling: :sosad:
Why a sad face? If this means what I think it means, we're going to have a new album in less than 9 months! Best baby ever! :glad:
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

2016 was obvious:
AKNF 2001 - DTLI 2002 1 year
DTLI 2002 - Chuck 2004 2 years
Chuck 2004 - UH 2007 3 years
UH 2007 - SBM 2011 4 years
SBM 2011 - ? 2016 5 years

It couldn't have been any other way. :devious:

(But this 2016 March, I think it's a deadline, it could still come out earlier.)
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re:

Post by Druska »

aren't vinyls and cds usually wrapped in "plastic bubbles"? At least they are when you buy them on amazon.
I'm pretty sure the vinyl will come with a cardboard box or something, so it shouldn't break.
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

It's been 5 fucking years since SBM came out? Damn I'm getting old.

Anyways, this is the first time I've ever supported a crowdfunding project, this is also the first time I bought a CD without even hearing a single. Usually I wait until it's out on Spotify/download, listen to it once if it's good I buy it. But it's The Sums! Nothing can go wrong, 6 records in and not one single letdown.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
PTswim41
Billy Spleen

Post by PTswim41 »

Has anyone else wondered why the Sums need to crowd fund a new album? I mean I know they don't have a label right now but shit these guys are all probably multi-millionaires.....
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

PTswim41 wrote:Has anyone else wondered why the Sums need to crowd fund a new album? I mean I know they don't have a label right now but shit these guys are all probably multi-millionaires.....
Looks more like pre-order where fans can be part of the process :)
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

SumGeek wrote:If I did get the lyric sheet, it would have been for Pieces. I was contemplating it all day after I got ready to go out after my ordered checked out, but alas, it appears all signed items are sold out, except the album. Although it would have made a nice collectors item, as not many could say Deryck wrote them out something like that, I'm just glad I got what I did when I did!
Pieces would have been my second choice (that or Ride the Chariot to the Devil :devious: ), but Hell Song was the first Sum 41 song that I fell in love with, so it's really a special one for me, so I'm really happy that I can get... a "part" of this song.
PTswim41
Billy Spleen

Post by PTswim41 »

samueeL wrote:
PTswim41 wrote:Has anyone else wondered why the Sums need to crowd fund a new album? I mean I know they don't have a label right now but shit these guys are all probably multi-millionaires.....
Looks more like pre-order where fans can be part of the process :)
If it's just a pre-order than why do it through a crowd funding website? And why not wait until the album is finished? They're using our money to fund the recording of the album. Idk it just seems a little strange to me.
Mr. Biz
First name: Deryck

Post by Mr. Biz »

Iam The Ghost wrote:2016 was obvious:
AKNF 2001 - DTLI 2002 1 year
DTLI 2002 - Chuck 2004 2 years
Chuck 2004 - UH 2007 3 years
UH 2007 - SBM 2011 4 years
SBM 2011 - ? 2016 5 years

It couldn't have been any other way. :devious:

(But this 2016 March, I think it's a deadline, it could still come out earlier.)

yes. and 5 years between albums may seem like a long time, but you have to remember that it's not like we put the record out and then went on vacation for 5 years. we toured for 3 out of those 5. then took a bit of time off and then back into working on the new album. so everything is actually been moving pretty quickly. as quick as it can anyway. i'm excited for you guys to have new music to rock out to. i want to get this done and out asap. but it still has to be kick ass and i won't rest until it is!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Mr. Biz wrote:yes. and 5 years between albums may seem like a long time, but you have to remember that it's not like we put the record out and then went on vacation for 5 years. we toured for 3 out of those 5. then took a bit of time off and then back into working on the new album. so everything is actually been moving pretty quickly. as quick as it can anyway. i'm excited for you guys to have new music to rock out to. i want to get this done and out asap. but it still has to be kick ass and i won't rest until it is!
It was just an interesting statistics, but you can be sure we all know it doesn't mean a shit and you don't do it on purpose: art can't be told in statistics. If you get inspiration or as you told on the pledge video, now you have something to be told, then it means it's time to make an album. I believe you could have come out with something sooner, but it wouldn't be right, because if you don't feel it, then it wouldn't be the project you can be proud of. I guess it's one of the things that you can learn and experience to be a true artist: be patient, find the right time and then come out with something that you can say it's yours and you gladly share it with everyone.
What I want to say: we know it's just a funny coincidence and in the end the time doesn't matter as we've always got such a great and top-notch quality music from the band (I personally found many songs at every album that really gets me, inspire me or just helps me on the journey of life, that's why I always reply when somebody asks what music I like: I can say I find many music that I like, in any kind of style, but Sum 41 is my alpha and omega) and I can't be more excited about the new album! :winkwink:

By the way: after the release, we're really waiting for you in Hungary! :2cool4u:
Last edited by Iam The Ghost on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Mr. Biz wrote:i'm excited for you guys to have new music to rock out to. i want to get this done and out asap. but it still has to be kick ass and i won't rest until it is!
You could release it as it is currently, and I'd still think of it as nothing less than "kick ass"! That said, I'm looking forward to all this behind-the-scenes content of what went into it all--one of my favourite things about this whole process!
Iam The Ghost wrote:Pieces would have been my second choice (that or Ride the Chariot to the Devil :devious: ), but Hell Song was the first Sum 41 song that I fell in love with, so it's really a special one for me, so I'm really happy that I can get... a "part" of this song.
For sure! When I had it in my cart, I'm like, "I don't even what song it's for." :hehe: But, Pieces is a song I hold close to my heart, so, that'd be the one, much like the Hell Song is for you.
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

It's easy to say that someone is rich or poor. I think they have put some of their own money into the whole process already and will keep doing so. If they need a kind of help from the fans to push things further it's okay by me. Sum41 as such have been quiet for like at least 2 years now, and still every member of the band needed to afford his own living. Let's not judge this direction and just be happy about the incoming album.
PTswim41
Billy Spleen

Post by PTswim41 »

Sickore wrote:
It's easy to say that someone is rich or poor. I think they have put some of their own money into the whole process already and will keep doing so. If they need a kind of help from the fans to push things further it's okay by me. Sum41 as such have been quiet for like at least 2 years now, and still every member of the band needed to afford his own living. Let's not judge this direction and just be happy about the incoming album.
I'm just kind of playing devils advocate here. Some people are not as excited about this as we are. There's been a little bit of backlash about the announcement on some other sites