DERYCK HERE.

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: DERYCK HERE.

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Hi Deryck greeting from spain,when you have plans to launch next album or when the band will be back in the studio? I read that it is very likely taht the new drummer be Frank Zummo,is that one of the option madness thinking for the post on drums? Thank you very much that will go great in everything you do and thank you for making so many people happy with the music taht you give us.
deadmoon9285
First name: Jessica

Post by deadmoon9285 »

Haha, many people have already beat me to the majority of the questions I would have considered asking so I'm just going to go with whatever I can come up with right now, lol.

1. I can't remember where I heard this from. This must have been nearly a year ago or so because I don't feel it was recently, but I very vaguely remember you mentioning something about an autobiography, that you were writing one or you were considering writing one, something like that. So I was just wondering about that. Is it currently in the works or is it just a future plan?

2. For your next tour after the new album is out, will you guys continue to do Meet & Greets after your shows? I was one of the lucky fans to have met you during one of them for the DTLI 10th Anniversary tour you guys did in 2013 & it was soooooo much fun! It would be exciting to see that continue.

3. What is your other favorite city in the US aside from L.A.? Not for performing, just in general. Quality of life, beauty, things to do, etc. A city that you wouldn't mind leaving L.A. for if you ever want a change of scenery.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

It just came to my mind: Deryck, were there anytime when you go to a festival as an individual and not as a performer? You know, when just hang out with friends, see some concerts and maybe sleep in a tent? :)
johann
First name: johanna
Twitter: @JBrichina

Post by johann »

I follow you long years, unfortunately you canceled their tour of South America and was one of the saddest days , luckily you are already much better and eager to make a new cd. That is very good news for all of your fans. there any REAL possibility of coming to Argentina ? thanks for your music and updates you give us your fans
vadeinpace7
First name: Vadim

Post by vadeinpace7 »

to the man who changed my life.
Hello, Deryck The Amazingliest.
i'm your fan, i'm a musician too.
when i listen to ur shit i feel myself like a unicorn.
So Here Is My Question(s):
How did u wrote all that songs?
is that alcohol\drug stuff u take or smth(and what's influence of it)?
what comes first: music or words?
in what time comes the moment when you fully sured u made good song?
do it flows from your soul?
when you grow up as a musician?
are u afraid of a fact u wrote the songs based on artists you know, i mean do u think u can write way better?
I hope u'll understand me despite my shitty english skills.
with best wishes.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Deryck a simple question, we will see any studio update in the Sum 41's Youtube channel? Like the last album? I really love those studio updates and see the working process of any album.
Mr. Biz
First name: Deryck
Re:

Post by Mr. Biz »

Andros wrote:Deryck a simple question, we will see any studio update in the Sum 41's Youtube channel? Like the last album? I really love those studio updates and see the working process of any album.

i would love to have someone shoot video all the time. and hopefully we'll be able to post some of the recording process.
Mr. Biz

Post by Mr. Biz »

Iam The Ghost wrote:It just came to my mind: Deryck, were there anytime when you go to a festival as an individual and not as a performer? You know, when just hang out with friends, see some concerts and maybe sleep in a tent? :)

i don;t think i would ever sleep in a tent. i'm too much of a city person to do that but i do go to a lot of shows through the front door and stand in line and buy my ticket. i do it all the time.
Mr. Biz
Re:

Post by Mr. Biz »

deadmoon9285 wrote:Haha, many people have already beat me to the majority of the questions I would have considered asking so I'm just going to go with whatever I can come up with right now, lol.

1. I can't remember where I heard this from. This must have been nearly a year ago or so because I don't feel it was recently, but I very vaguely remember you mentioning something about an autobiography, that you were writing one or you were considering writing one, something like that. So I was just wondering about that. Is it currently in the works or is it just a future plan?

2. For your next tour after the new album is out, will you guys continue to do Meet & Greets after your shows? I was one of the lucky fans to have met you during one of them for the DTLI 10th Anniversary tour you guys did in 2013 & it was soooooo much fun! It would be exciting to see that continue.

3. What is your other favorite city in the US aside from L.A.? Not for performing, just in general. Quality of life, beauty, things to do, etc. A city that you wouldn't mind leaving L.A. for if you ever want a change of scenery.

my answers in caps

1. I can't remember where I heard this from. This must have been nearly a year ago or so because I don't feel it was recently, but I very vaguely remember you mentioning something about an autobiography, that you were writing one or you were considering writing one, something like that. So I was just wondering about that. Is it currently in the works or is it just a future plan? NOTHING IN THE WORKS RIGHT NOW BUT POSSIBLY IN THE FUTURE. DON'T KNOW WHEN. RIGHT NOW I'M JUST FOCUSING ON GETTING BETTER AND WRITING MUSIC.

2. For your next tour after the new album is out, will you guys continue to do Meet & Greets after your shows? I was one of the lucky fans to have met you during one of them for the DTLI 10th Anniversary tour you guys did in 2013 & it was soooooo much fun! It would be exciting to see that continue. WE MOST LIKELY WILL WHEN WE CAN.

3. What is your other favorite city in the US aside from L.A.? Not for performing, just in general. Quality of life, beauty, things to do, etc. A city that you wouldn't mind leaving L.A. for if you ever want a change of scenery.[/quote] I REALLY LIKE CHICAGO A LOT. PROBABLY BECAUSE IT'S SO SIMILAR TO TORONTO.
johann
First name: johanna
Twitter: @JBrichina

Post by johann »

hi derek please dont forget your fans in latinoamerica, we love sum 41! since FOREVER!!!!
I am VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I COULD TATTOO ME SUM 41 IN MY ARM. thanks for the up dates.
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Re: DERYCK HERE

Post by PTswim41 »

Hey Deryck!

1. It looks like you, Frank Zummo, and Dan Moyse the ladies choice are in the studio working on drums. Are you starting to record for the new Sum 41 album or just recording some demos for the next album?

2. Do you still have your Maserati? Do you have any other cars as well?
bizzykill
First name: Kilian

Post by bizzykill »

Hi Deryck ! How are you ?

First of all, I'm happy to see that you get better and you post regular news.
I saw you play 2 times in France and it was the 2 best concerts of my life.
Sum 41 is my favorite band for many years and I have a 41 tattoo on the arm.

I have some questions:

1. After that Robin Williams died, you have publish a picture of you and he. When did you meet him?

2. Lately I've seen videos that you play news riffs. This is Drop C tuning?

3. Are you listened the new Gob album "Apt. 13"? What did you think?

4. And are you listened "Somewhere Between Free Men And Slaves" of Organ Thieves with Dave ?

5. Can we hope to hear "Believe" song of "Screaming Bloody Murder" a day? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSLXLiT6V_E) (At the end of video.)
Or this song? This is "Panic Attack"? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU)
Or "Food Glorious Food", (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqsXBwHvlw)

Thank you for everything you do, you are my idol!
I love "Screaming Bloody Murder" and I hope to see you play coming soon!
There's nothing left to say, yeah. Cause you don't want to try. And I don't want the pain...
maistoner41
First name: Maitane
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Post by maistoner41 »

Bizzy! I forgot to ask you something, do you have an idea about how the new album will be? more like AKNF and all albums or more like SBM? I don't care at all because I love all your discography, but I'm curious.

Lot of kisses for ya and take care!
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re:

Post by Iam The Ghost »

bizzykill wrote: Or this song? This is "Panic Attack"? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU)
Oh, I love this song piece, wish someday it would come out in full.
maistoner41 wrote:Bizzy! I forgot to ask you something, do you have an idea about how the new album will be? more like AKNF and all albums or more like SBM? I don't care at all because I love all your discography, but I'm curious.

Lot of kisses for ya and take care!
He already answered that, read back.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Deryck Hello, you have thought about that record label make the new album? You will use some part of old songs as you did with the battery in with me and reason to believe?
maistoner41
First name: Maitane
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Post by maistoner41 »

Oooh sorry, I forgot that he answered that xD
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

bizzykill wrote:This is "Panic Attack"? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Panic Attack was the working title for the song Screaming Bloody Murder, when it was still the demo Tom had written.
Jester
First name: Miloš

Post by Jester »

Hello Deryck,

I love your songs and I think I have inspiration to write mine. I'm 17 so I would write it for myself for now, i'm not member of any band. Can you tell me, are you first write text and later think up the rhythm and melody or you get both at the same time in your head?

If you have some reference about that I'm glad to listen! :)
Sum41_Skumfuks
First name: Jimmy

Post by Sum41_Skumfuks »

Hi deryck I run the Sum41_Skumfuks Twitter/Instagram just wanted to thank you for posting my tattoo firstly I appreciate it alot I know you get tagged in alot of things been to shows in London was ment to go to your private gig for sbm in London but was hit by a car few weeks before and the venue didn't advice me going on crutches lol from the videos i can see why I know your proud of your British roots so my question is what's your favourite part of the uk and why? Hope to see you back over here soon
Mr. Biz
Re:

Post by Mr. Biz »

Sum41_Skumfuks wrote:Hi deryck I run the Sum41_Skumfuks Twitter/Instagram just wanted to thank you for posting my tattoo firstly I appreciate it alot I know you get tagged in alot of things been to shows in London was ment to go to your private gig for sbm in London but was hit by a car few weeks before and the venue didn't advice me going on crutches lol from the videos i can see why I know your proud of your British roots so my question is what's your favourite part of the uk and why? Hope to see you back over here soon

hmm. that's a very tough question. i guess the answer is because i was raised by a british family. everything from music to television food and culture was british for me. i feel equally british and canadian in some ways. but also at this point i've spent so much of my life travelling and also living in the states that i haven taken in a bit from lots of different cultures.