New Album?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

vill_chouine
Bunkface
First name: Israël

Re:

Post by vill_chouine »

Gregorovich wrote:Of fucking course I like the Sums. Though nostalgia is the only thing keeping everything pre-Chuck in my library. Screaming Bloody Murder is a damn good album by many standards.
Nostalgia ? You're only 19 !!! You were what 5 or 6 years old when they were at the top of their career. Sorry but you can't call that nostalgia. Even though SBM was an awesome album, I still believe that the old stuff was better because I think they were making music for fun and I could feel it. Right now I don't listen to Sum 41 on a daily basis but Half Hour Of Power will alway remain a fucking cool 30 minutes album.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

vill_chouine wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Of fucking course I like the Sums. Though nostalgia is the only thing keeping everything pre-Chuck in my library. Screaming Bloody Murder is a damn good album by many standards.
Nostalgia ? You're only 19 !!! You were what 5 or 6 years old when they were at the top of their career. Sorry but you can't call that nostalgia. Even though SBM was an awesome album, I still believe that the old stuff was better because I think they were making music for fun and I could feel it. Right now I don't listen to Sum 41 on a daily basis but Half Hour Of Power will alway remain a fucking cool 30 minutes album.
Oh old boy, don't you just say "Only 19".
I found out about the sums when I was 6, their music video In Too Deep was constantly on MTV and I remember liking it. Nostalgia or not, don't throw such silly opinions.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

vill_chouine wrote:
I still have In Too Deep and Fat Lip on a mixtape my babysitter made me when I was 6, which I listened to every day. So yes, I can call it nostalgia. AKNF is a pretty shit album, objectively. Deryck knows that the first two albums (excepting a few moments in HHOP) hold a tenth of the artistic credibility of SBM.
fuck this signature nonsense
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

^true... but well it was pop-punk so you can't really expect it to be on a very high level, musically.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I'm really interested and looking forward to see what direction their music takes now. I mean, it's obvious Deryck is going to have greater influence than ever before. So will it end up like UH, where he produced and ultimately made the final calls, or will it still be heavy, or God knows what direction it will take now without Steve.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re:

Post by Ardi41 »

Gutter Dreams wrote: or God knows what direction it will take now without Steve.
considering that steve never really took part in the writing process, I don't believe that his absence will be such a huge difference when it comes to the writing.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Ardi41 wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote: or God knows what direction it will take now without Steve.
considering that steve never really took part in the writing process, I don't believe that his absence will be such a huge difference when it comes to the writing.
True, its just that Steve was still one of the core members or heart of the band, yknow? I do feel like it'll have some impact, maybe not much.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

I believe Steve will return to the Sums at some point in the future, just not sure when. My reasoning is because when Dave left, it was because he wasn't satisfied with the direction the music was going in and couldn't discuss it without being a pain in the ass to the rest of the guys. With Steve, he is a family man now, wants to watch Owen grow up, and when I spoke to Deryck about it on the phone he told me Steve and Jessy are actually trying to have another kid. But even that aside, he and Deryck have been best friends since before high school. Their lives are built and based around Sum 41. So I think after an unspecified amount of time away, Steve will come back.
Susanne
Goon

Re:

Post by Susanne »

Gutter Dreams wrote:I'm really interested and looking forward to see what direction their music takes now. I mean, it's obvious Deryck is going to have greater influence than ever before. So will it end up like UH, where he produced and ultimately made the final calls, or will it still be heavy, or God knows what direction it will take now without Steve.
This. It's going to be really interesting to see what happens.
carr

Re:

Post by carr »

sprinks41 wrote:I believe Steve will return to the Sums at some point in the future, just not sure when. My reasoning is because when Dave left, it was because he wasn't satisfied with the direction the music was going in and couldn't discuss it without being a pain in the ass to the rest of the guys. With Steve, he is a family man now, wants to watch Owen grow up, and when I spoke to Deryck about it on the phone he told me Steve and Jessy are actually trying to have another kid. But even that aside, he and Deryck have been best friends since before high school. Their lives are built and based around Sum 41. So I think after an unspecified amount of time away, Steve will come back.
In some ways I also think Steve will return to the band. However, if all he needed was a break there would have been no reason to publicly leave since it was pretty clear they would do the usual after-tour-before-next-album break. It seems like Steve is in school as well to work in film full-time.

What do you all think about Steve, Cone and Tom all spending time with each other and publicizing it on social media with no sign of Deryck? Do you think they see him as well but he wants to keep his privacy or that he is not socializing as much? It seems Deryck and Dave have become closer to each other again though.

It would be nice to hear an update from Deryck. Nothing specific just a 'hey, I'm still alive' nod.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

carr wrote:
It would be nice to hear an update from Deryck. Nothing specific just a 'hey, I'm still alive' nod.
What's so fucking ironic about this is that the update actually came.
And It's pretty much saying "Hey I'm still alive" for real.. :holyshit:

Check it out, Nic posted it
https://www.theresnosolution.com/en/vie ... 39#p381539

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

HugoDisasters wrote:
carr wrote:
What's so fucking ironic about this is that the update actually came.
And It's pretty much saying "Hey I'm still alive" for real.. :holyshit:

Check it out, Nic posted it
https://www.theresnosolution.com/en/vie ... 39#p381539
That was the first thing the sprung to mind when I saw that update. On a lighter note, I'd really like to see Deryck rock the full beard one day.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I'd like a new album even though I find myself gradually shifting my musical taste away from loud guitars and half screamed vocals to more meldodic acosutisc based stuff. It's like with Blink, I don't really listen to any of those band anymore on a regular basis but it's still great music that helped me form my own musical taste and i will listen to anything they release.

That being said though I doubt it will have the same impact on me as it did when I was 15 year old.