DERYCK CALLED ME!!!!!!!!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re:

Post by SumGeek »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Deryck called me as well!!
I was on the phone with him for a little over 30 minutes. I was getting my back tattooed and missed his call twice, but he left me a voicemail (obviously I'm never deleting it haha). I saw the phone says Northern California, and I said, "No fucking way" and Deryck left me a voicemail! I called back and his voicemail wasn't set up, but he called right back. Like Jim said, he's really easy to talk to! It was such an honor speaking to him! Such an awesome person!
I was hoping he'd leave a message if there was no answer; glad he got through to you in the end! Care to share anything with us? I'm sure you're still a little shocked by his call, but I'm impressed with a 30 minute conversation!

Well, that makes 2 TNS members so far... Could be a 3rd, but as for me, I'm Still Waiting.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Re: Re:

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

sprinks41 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:Deryck called me as well!!
I was on the phone with him for a little over 30 minutes. I was getting my back tattooed and missed his call twice, but he left me a voicemail (obviously I'm never deleting it haha). I saw the phone says Northern California, and I said, "No fucking way" and Deryck left me a voicemail! I called back and his voicemail wasn't set up, but he called right back. Like Jim said, he's really easy to talk to! It was such an honor speaking to him! Such an awesome person!
Congrats Ant!!!! :glad:
Thanks Jim, I was going to post it on Facebook, but I don't want all my friends seeing it and trying to get his number and stuff. Such a great guy talking to him!
Heather wrote:Congrats Anthony!
Thanks Heather! :razz: Hopefully he calls you, but I have a feeling you already have his number!
Iam The Ghost wrote:Damn, congrats guys, it's really awesome! :D I can't remember anyone has ever done this thing like Deryck before, it's remarkable from him.
I don't think anyone has done this! I asked if he's afraid of people having his number, and he said he trusts his fans. He told me his mom was totally against this! lol
I love Deryck wrote:Details? please?
It was more personal stuff, the only 2 questions I asked him about the band was what were the songs he had to pay for for SBM. He said Blood In My Eyes, Baby You Don't Want To Know, and Time For You To Go. I also asked about a Chuck Tour. He said there's a lot of (I think this was the word he used) tracking. And he wouldn't be able to sing all the parts. I said what if he just has the vocals on in the background and he said he will never do that. So it probably won't happen. The rest was personal things about life. Sorry to let people down. :(
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Re: Re:

Post by Heather »

Sum41Ant27 wrote: Thanks Heather! :razz: Hopefully he calls you, but I have a feeling you already have his number!
:winkwink:
Sum41Ant27 wrote: I don't think anyone has done this! I asked if he's afraid of people having his number, and he said he trusts his fans. He told me his mom was totally against this! lol
One of the sisters from Haim announced her number at one of their shows this year. Apparently she answers all the texts that come..haha
Jeremy Kill
Re: DERYCK CALLED ME!!!!!!!!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm glad this seems to be an ongoing thing and not just a one day deal. Again, really cool of Deryck to reach out to fans just for the sake of talking. I got a call today from Dani's Canine. It was the wrong number. However, for that 2 seconds that my phone rang my heart sank. I felt like I was waiting for a phone call from a date or something haha.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I'm glad this seems to be an ongoing thing and not just a one day deal. Again, really cool of Deryck to reach out to fans just for the sake of talking. I got a call today from Dani's Canine. It was the wrong number. However, for that 2 seconds that my phone rang my heart sank. I felt like I was waiting for a phone call from a date or something haha.
Deryck will call when you least expect it! Keep your phone close to you ;)
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

I just REALLY hope none of the fans he calls will be assholes and decide to put number online for the world to see....
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Gay.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

Wooow so cool for you who got his calls!! congrats :)

My respect for D just keeps on growing
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I'm not trying to brag or anything, but Deryck called me again
I think it was by accident because I told him like 10 minutes in that he called me on Monday 11/18. I gave him my friend's number who didn't believe I talked to him, so he's on the phone with my friend right now.
I did ask two more questions...
I asked if they planned on putting more albums on vinyl and he said it's not his choice, it's the people who come to him about it and he would say yes.
I also asked what the first line in Jessica Kill was because I couldn't figure it out, he said it's "Oh my love, how do I explain" just like how it says in the booklet. He says he gives his handwritten lyrics to the person and they figure it out haha.
BTW if he does call anyone it's from his house's phone. I was going to text him Happy Thanksgiving, but now I know I can't.
For anyone wanting to get Deryck to call definitely either message him your number or post it because there's a high chance of him call you once, or maybe twice ;)
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

This might be a dumb question but how do you find his Facebook cause I kinda can't find it =/ and i really wanna talk to him
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Re:

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

UltraKolby wrote:This might be a dumb question but how do you find his Facebook cause I kinda can't find it =/ and i really wanna talk to him
https://www.facebook.com/bizwhibley
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Has he got the international calling thing sorted yet?
fuck this signature nonsense
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re:

Post by Druska »

Gregorovich wrote:Has he got the international calling thing sorted yet?
international calls ? his bill would be really long :2cool4u:

Skype FTW
schiffylube1
Post by schiffylube1 »

Been on these forums for awhile but never posted...this thread was great to read. Glad to hear Deryck is still creating music and was so candid with the OP about what happened. Thanks for posting this!
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Should of asked when the acoustic version of "Blood In My Eyes" is ever gonna be released.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

Mike wrote:Should of asked when the acoustic version of "Blood In My Eyes" is ever gonna be released.
He has already said, it will be released when his website is up and running. He told me on the phone it should've been up by now but he ran into some delays.