Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Open Your Eyes lyrics

Post by sprinks41 »

after the first chorus from Open Your Eyes, does anyone know what the background lyrics are? I knew them at one point but now seem to have forgotten them, and I googled them but nothing came up. thanks in advance!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

'Spent days without a trace and I'm lost inside this place now'
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Mitchell wrote:'Spent days without a trace and I'm lost inside this place now'
What the fuck man? How did you do that? :glad:
I spent days listening to that part over and over again back in the day and never got it that way. :glad:
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

He wrote them himself.

Oh, wait...
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

thanks Mitchell!
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Re: Open Your Eyes lyrics

Post by Sickore »

This lyrics stuck in my head. What you've done guys! :winkwink:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

A good pair of ears always helps ;)
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: Open Your Eyes lyrics

Post by Stef »

where is that part? I can't even locate it

edit: i've found it

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

jeeez even I knew that.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Gutter Dreams wrote:jeeez even I knew that.
Oh so now it's all easy and clear? Where were you when I needed you?! :glad:

http://theresnosolution.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5222

Jeez.

So, the thread I linked you to gives you the idea. Back in the day the lyrics listed at TNS were awfully wrong, so I decided to write them down from scratch judging only by my ear. That took me weeks to complete, listening to every single song from start to end numerous of times, also in slow motion.

Back in those days there were no "instrumental versions" around, so the slow motion technique was the best one to figure out the backing vocals. Also, there were absolutely ZERO lyric sites that would have included backing vocals to songs like Open Your Eyes or Speak Of The Devil. Needless to say that I was extremely proud of myself for having figured those lyrics out before anyone else did. :silly:

About a year later, G-man came up with the technique to enhance the backing track, which made it easier to figure out the backing lyrics. But since I had already sacrificed so much time for this project a year earlier, I was too tired to start it all over. That's why there seems to be some mistakes in those lyrics; I never had time to check them all again.

But yeah, I was so excited to start that project back in the day, so that I basically skipped studying for my finals to get this project finished. So, even if you do find mistakes from them, please don't come to me and say it was not worth it by saying it was a piece of cake figuring them out. :balling: :glad:
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

TomiT14 wrote:

Jeez.

So, the thread I linked you to gives you the idea. Back in the day the lyrics listed at TNS were awfully wrong, so I decided to write them down from scratch judging only by my ear. That took me weeks to complete, listening to every single song from start to end numerous of times, also in slow motion.

Back in those days there were no "instrumental versions" around, so the slow motion technique was the best one to figure out the backing vocals. Also, there were absolutely ZERO lyric sites that would have included backing vocals to songs like Open Your Eyes or Speak Of The Devil. Needless to say that I was extremely proud of myself for having figured those lyrics out before anyone else did. :silly:

About a year later, G-man came up with the technique to enhance the backing track, which made it easier to figure out the backing lyrics. But since I had already sacrificed so much time for this project a year earlier, I was too tired to start it all over. That's why there seems to be some mistakes in those lyrics; I never had time to check them all again.

But yeah, I was so excited to start that project back in the day, so that I basically skipped studying for my finals to get this project finished. So, even if you do find mistakes from them, please don't come to me and say it was not worth it by saying it was a piece of cake figuring them out. :balling: :glad:
I think you should be proud! Doing any project in favor of the fans of a band or for a band is to have devotion. And that's only for good, in my point of view.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Hellyhoe
First name: Helena
Twitter: hellyhoe41

Re: Re:

Post by Hellyhoe »

TomiT14 wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:jeeez even I knew that.

Jeez.

Dude, you're a hero for doing this!
I like songs with distortion to drink in proportion
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

well, that's passion ;)