Nirvana w/ Paul McCartney

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Nirvana w/ Paul McCartney

Post by Ardi41 »

cladam41 wrote: I've heard plenty of songwriters that write a hell of alot more complex than The Beatles ever did!
you really don't want to get it, do you ? :suicide:
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

one thing I don't understand. That energy Paul McCartney still has. It's amazing!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

The Beatles were making decent music at the beginning of their career, as they got older, they made some of the best records on this planet, like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or the double-disc, The White Album.

I agree that the hype over The Beatles is just too fucking much, but at least The Beatles deserve it. And you said they are still enjoying it ? Some of them are very dead, so they don't enjoy shit.

The thing about over-hype, it has always been present among the masses and it will always be there, because many people want it and other people want to make money by understanding that need of the majority. It's just that recently these money grabbing motherfuckers realized that the 'artist' doesn't have to be good at all, his music doesn't have to be good. Good looks are enough. I would gladly would go into the past and be over-hyped with The Beatles who actually were making good music and doing it all themselves.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

With bands like The Beatles and Nirvana, it's not about "how good the music is/was", it's the influence they had on music in general. They both completely changed popular music, even if they weren't trying. The hype will never end.

When some of you children get a bit older, you will see it a bit clearer.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re:

Post by FuckT41182 »

Bobbyjames wrote:When some of you children get a bit older, you will see it a bit clearer.
Is this sentence so stupid on purpose, or is it purely coincidental ? You're 24, man, and the only thing that you will find out as you get older is that there is actually very few people who have any idea what they're talking about, and the majority of people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Not saying I dislike Paul McCartney. But we should definitely see about getting his knighthood transferred to me. I'm much more skilled at everything... I digress...

I'm totally with Bobby here. Had The Beatles not been around, it may well be that many things we listen to today wouldn't exist.

This wasn't a bad thing. I didn't dislike it, however, calling it Nirvana appears to be somewhat foolish. It will never feel the same and should lie dead with Kurt.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re:

Post by FuckT41182 »

Jake wrote:I'm totally with Bobby here. Had The Beatles not been around, it may well be that many things we listen to today wouldn't exist.
I don't think this is the essential, or the only reason why there is so much hype around The Beatles. Monty Python influenced almost every comedian that we love today, but Monty Python are not that big and famous. There is much more factors responsible for the huge success of The Beatles.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Re: Re:

Post by Jake »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Jake wrote:I'm totally with Bobby here. Had The Beatles not been around, it may well be that many things we listen to today wouldn't exist.
I don't think this is the essential, or the only reason why there is so much hype around The Beatles. Monty Python influenced almost every comedian that we love today, but Monty Python are not that big and famous. There is much more factors responsible for the huge success of The Beatles.
I'm not saying it's the only reason there's so much hype around them. It's good music. Which is rewarded with hype.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:When some of you children get a bit older, you will see it a bit clearer.
Is this sentence so stupid on purpose, or is it purely coincidental ? You're 24, man, and the only thing that you will find out as you get older is that there is actually very few people who have any idea what they're talking about, and the majority of people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
I think you got it wrong.What he's saying is that once get a bit older you start to like music you didn't like before. You discover new things.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Druska wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
I think you got it wrong.What he's saying is that once get a bit older you start to like music you didn't like before. You discover new things.
There is not even a hint of anything like that in his post. He says that when we get older we will understand more about the influence of music on people and why the hype is there. He's right too, of course, but some people will never understand anything, people are loosing the ability to think for themselves, if they ever truly had it.
bizzyd676
First name: Tone

Post by bizzyd676 »

I dont understand all the disagreement... The Beatles were/still are the greatest band of all time, and Paul McCartney was a HUGE part of that.

1 billion records sold don't lie folks

Great event tho purely for the fan in me
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

Studio Version, i dont see why most of you guys are hating on this, i think its really awesome
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Noreason757 wrote:Studio Version, i dont see why most of you guys are hating on this, i think its really awesome

kinda boring, but the concept is awesome.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Druska wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
There is not even a hint of anything like that in his post. He says that when we get older we will understand more about the influence of music on people and why the hype is there. He's right too, of course, but some people will never understand anything, people are loosing the ability to think for themselves, if they ever truly had it.
My post was more aimed at Cladam (or whatever his name is) because his post read like it was written by a 12 year old.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Bobbyjames wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Druska wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
My post was more aimed at Cladam (or whatever his name is) because his post read like it was written by a 12 year old.
Ignorance.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

cladam41 wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Druska wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Ignorance.
Moose.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Bobbyjames wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Druska wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Ignorance.
Moose.
Kitten.