Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Does This Still Look Infected?

Post by TomiT14 »

Click to view the fullsize image.http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/clie ... UyLfjw.jpg[/imgwidth]

10 years. Wow.

Not going to write a long story, but this album had a huge influence on me as a Sum 41 fan. Yeah, Fat Lip was the first song I heard, got AKNF as a present, blasted it out on my stereos for almost a year. Then it just faded away.

One day I heard a familiar voice on the radio. I knew I had heard the singer before, so I had to check Sum41.com if the song I heard (Still Waiting) was there. Even better, The Hell Song started playing in their DTLI-themed site, and I fell in love with the band and the song immediately.

The Hell Song was my all-time favorite song, until I heard Reason To Believe. Still, Hell Song has a great nostalgic value, and it will always be one of the songs that give me chills every time I hear it.

It's hard to realize that the guys were just 22 years old when they wrote this incredible album. Songs like No Brains, Thanks For Nothing, Mr. Amsterdam, they are still my top favorite songs to listen to. Definitely one of the best albums I've ever listened to from start to end.

Your thoughts?

Join the FB event to share the appreciation.
http://www.facebook.com/events/457593584286900/
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Does This Still Look Infected?

Post by HugoDisasters »

I was unfortunately not aware of Sum 41 at the time of this album release (even though I saw the In Too Deep music video when i was like six) This album have an indescribably high value yet after these 10 years since it's release. It's definitely something that will keep being in my playlist for very long time.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

This was the first studio Sum 41 album that I ever listened to. What an amazing album.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

This album is very special for me. I was in fourth or fifth grade or something and just getting into rock music and The Hell song was the very first Sum 41 song I ever heard. It blew my mind ... I had never heard something like this before. I immediately fell in love with this band and bought the physical copy just because of that one song. After that I slowly started to look up their other songs and found fat lip and all the other "classics". But yeah the obsession started with this album. I'm pretty sure I would have never been such a huge Sum 41 fan if it wasn't for this record.
so... HAPPY 10 YEARS DTLI? :glad:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Play The Hell Song, I believe
God will set Spleen up to bleed
And no one can deceive,
What is meant to be and,
Happy birthday, we will scream,
God will say to us
"Does This Look Infecteeeeed?"
bizzyd676
First name: Tone

Post by bizzyd676 »

Interestingly enough, I remember this was the album that put me off of Sum 41 until 2010 came around.

I got it as a Christmas present in 2002 after falling completely in love with them in 5th.

Still Waiting, Over My Head and Hell Song were some of my favorite songs ever even at the time, but still in 5th/6th grade the material was too heavy for me to understand and embrace unlike there first major. I remember keeping it in the player for just as long as AKNF but finding myself only playing the first five songs and them becoming disinterested due to what I perceived as monotony.

It took me listening to it again in 2010 after being Jaded by hip hop and crazy bitches to really understand and appreciate everything they were talking about. This album set the stage for me thing Chuck was one of the best id ever heard.

The Sums have had pretty heavy lyrics always but particularly post-AKNF.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

DTLI has been my favourite album for ten years. Love every song.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

This was the album that got me into Sum 41. I think I heard Still Waiting once on the radio and thought "man, Sum 41 makes some good music". I wasn't a fan of Fat Lip like most people and In Too Deep was the only other song I had heard, but it wasn't enough for me to go out and buy All Killer No Filler (I wasn't really into buying CD's when I was 12... I had no money).

It was until I was 14 that I actually gave this album a full listen. I remember Over My Head being one of the first songs I really enjoyed (it was also the song that made me want to learn guitar). However, I was hooked on the album as soon as Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid came on. For almost an entire school year Over My Head, Still Waiting, Mr. Amsterdam and Hyper-Insomnia were on constant repeat.

Oddly enough it took me a very long time to warm up to No Brains. Learning what the song was about was what made me enjoy it more. I always enjoy songs more when I know what they're about instead of my own interpretation.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Although I think it's easily their worst album now, it along with All Killer were what got me into Sum 41. I listened to The Hell Song on repeat a whole heap when I was younger, and it was the first real guitar solo I learned so it always sticks with me. My Direction and All Messed Up are still two of my Sum 41 favourites though!