DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Diary Of Sum 41

Post by DW_60 »

Diary Of Sum 41: This is the name of the project we've been working on with the band for the last few days. During the DTLI tour - which will start Oct 31 - , we'll be in touch with the Sums permanently, to ask them almost every day questions about everything. You'll be the most important part of this project, because we'll choose YOUR questions.

It's really simple to be a part of this project: Starting Oct 31 (we'll remind you the date), you'll just have to post your questions in this topic. The guys will all see your questions, so be original and please don't ask questions like "When are you coming to [INSERT YOUR CITY HERE] ???", they don't know the answer to that. We'll then send the most interesting questions to the guys, every 2-3 days.

This is the last project under the name of "Sum 41 France", as we're preparing our big move to TNS (TheresNoSolution.com).

https://www.facebook.com/events/288724034562420/
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Re: Diary Of Sum 41

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I would think of questions to ask them, but I'm going to try my best to actually meet them at the 3 concerts I'm going to so I'll ask them then! Hopefully some people will think of some new/interesting questions.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I'm already thinking about some questions, but I guess we can only ask from Oct 31?

I would have given everything to meet them when they were here, I just didn't how to... and still don't, I guess I need some important connections or start a great fanbase like TNS. :D Whatever, it was awesome enough to see them live.
Last edited by Iam The Ghost on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Sounds awesome! Going to start thinking of my questions as of today.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

You guys can start posting some questions here, or on our facebook event if you like, but we won't start sending them before the 31st ;)
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

1-For Tom and Deryck: What is the one pedal effect you must have on stage? What is your current pedal set up?
2 - Is there one band/artist that you haven't but would love to play on stage with?
3- What's your outlook on the record industry today?
4- Do you guys ever plan on releasing an album of just covers that ya'll do?
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Well I thought about some questions, but I also wrote some comments, so if you could, send them whole, not just the questions. :)

1, Do you have some plans for the future? Do you have some ideas what direction Sum 41 can go on? You left Island Records and you said before that "we wait and see", but is there a label which you think you could work with or you think about absolutely self-producing your next album (if there's a next album in plan)?
2, After Matt started college, you ended releasing online videos. You don't have someone who could make some videos or you just don't feel you have anything to show us?
3, Do you consider to make a new Live DVD? Even though nowadays it's not fashion to release live dvds, you have so many new songs and you've improved so much since the last Live DVD, you could give an awesome experience for fans who can't go to your shows.
4, Could you tell us some informations about Deryck? We know he doesn't like to speak about his private life at all and we respect that, but we haven't heard a thing about him for a long time... We know some things about Cone, Stevo and Tom via twitter and facebook and it's good that they let us in to a slice of their lives, but we know nothing about Deryck. Does his back still hurt, does he have to do speacial treatment? Is he happy with his new girlfriend (still together?)? In summary: Is he okay? We'd like to know some things about his daily life and it's not for the trash media, it's for fans.
Last edited by Iam The Ghost on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:Well I thought about some questions, but I also wrote some comments, so if you could, send them whole, not just the questions. :)
Not trying to shoot them down, just making some points.
Iam The Ghost wrote:1, Do you have some plans for the future? Do you have some ideas what direction Sum 41 can go on? You left Island Records and you said before that "we wait and see", but is there a label which you think you could work with or you think about absolutely self-producing your next album (if there's a next album in plan)?
They haven't said anything officially, so this is an okay question. Then again you can quite easily guess what they are about to say, since we already know their "unofficial" opinion.
Iam The Ghost wrote:2, After Matt started college, you ended releasing online videos. You don't have someone who could make some videos or you just don't feel you have anything to show us?
I think we all know the answer to this. Why would they think they don't have anything to show now, after they've pretty much filmed their every move before that? I think this could be re-phrased to "Will we get any video updates in the future, fans miss them" or something.
Iam The Ghost wrote:3, Do you consider to make a new Live DVD? Even though nowadays it's not fashion to release live dvds, you have so many new songs and you've improved so much since the last Live DVD, you could give an awesome experience for fans who can't go to your shows.
This was already answered this few months ago, but then again, if people ask it more then maybe they'll make one. :silly:
Iam The Ghost wrote:4, Could you tell us some informations about Deryck? We know he doesn't like to speak about his private life at all and we respect that, but we haven't heard a thing about him for a long time... We know some things about Cone, Stevo and Tom via twitter and facebook and it's good that they let us in to a slice of their lives, but we know nothing about Deryck. Does his back still hurt, does he have to do speacial treatment? Is he happy with his new girlfriend (still together?)? In summary: Is he okay? We'd like to know some things about his daily life and it's not for the trash media, it's for fans.
It doesn't matter if it's paparazzis or the fans. It's up to the person himself to determine what he wants to share and what he doesn't. They are not obliged to share anything. And I don't really think any of them has revealed that much about their personal lives. Stevo and Cone just tweet random things, which is cool, but do we really know anything about their personal lives either? Do we need to know?
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

I wanted to ask Deryck why he doesn't inform the fans about the news. For example, why didn't they announce they're not working with Island anymore ? Do you remember the time when he was writing SBM ? He would post messages on myspace every week to keep us informed. Why doesn't he say something from time to time ? I'm not talking about his private life obviously, but I'd like to know if he's working on something, or he could even post something before a show, to tell us about the rehearsals or other stuff

Also, I think the question about the label is quite important. I'd like to know what they're planning to do even if Tom said it would be useless to have a label while touring. I'd like to know if Deryck has some ideas about it, or who knows, if he wants to start his own label ?
I think it's a shame that we didn't get that much informations for the last 2 years, especially now that they're free

When I see how enthusiastic blink fans are after the news of the band getting rid of their label, I just wonder why the Sums haven't announced anything. Few people know about this, except the fans that follow the news.
Image Image

Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Okay, don't have to send them all, just some things that came to my mind about the band. :)
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

Guys, 2 days left before the opening of the project and the beginning of the tour !!

Get your questions ready !
Image Image

Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

hmm...well that sounds familiar.....http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... 57&t=14897

But cool that they are doing it again. Hope there are some good questions.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Yeah, to be honest I had totally forgot about this previous Q&A... We can call this one a follow up !

Anyway, the tour has started, so time to ask whatever comes into your mind guys :)
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Hmm. This one just came to mind, I'm sure I'll think of better ones later.

Which of the songs you get to play now during this tour, that you haven't in as long as 10 years, that you're looking forward to play again? (ie: Billy Spleen (I know it was played last tour, but, we'll include it.), Hooch, Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condroid, All Messed Up.)
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Thought of another! (I know I could have edited my post above, but didn't know if you'd notice there was more questions, if you haven't read the recent ones yet.)

Since this is a tour promoting Does This Look Infected's 10 years, did you guys ever think about like maybe taking out Pain for Pleasure (I know Stevo, you won't like this, but wait. :winkwink: ) and add in Reign in Pain to the set?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SumGeek wrote:Since this is a tour promoting Does This Look Infected's 10 years, did you guys ever think about like maybe taking out Pain for Pleasure (I know Stevo, you won't like this, but wait. :winkwink: ) and add in Reign in Pain to the set?
Definitely! I asked Cone this already, but maybe they'll try to play them if the fans keep requesting that! :2cool4u:
Tomi wrote:I just had a thought, you should end the shows with the P4P B-sides! Possibly with outfits!
Cone wrote:Ya thats probably not gonna happen! haha.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:Since this is a tour promoting Does This Look Infected's 10 years, did you guys ever think about like maybe taking out Pain for Pleasure (I know Stevo, you won't like this, but wait. :winkwink: ) and add in Reign in Pain to the set?
Definitely! I asked Cone this already, but maybe they'll try to play them if the fans keep requesting that! :2cool4u:
Tomi wrote:I just had a thought, you should end the shows with the P4P B-sides! Possibly with outfits!
Cone wrote:Ya thats probably not gonna happen! haha.
Damn, how'd I miss that? Well, as you said, let's ask again! :glad: and the added outfit bit, like it!
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

Do you guys own cars ? If so, which brand/model ? (Tomi)
We all just bought hoverboards from michael j. fox. Thats how we get around now.

Guys, can you tell us if you have any plans on joining a label in the future ? (Amin)
We haven't really talked about it and there's tons of different ways to get your music out to people these days weather its a label or your own label or just digitally so the opinions are endless. We haven't talked about anything really yet but thats something that will come up when we're closer to making our next record.

Cone.
Image Image

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

DW_60 wrote:Do you guys own cars ? If so, which brand/model ? (Tomi)
We all just bought hoverboards from michael j. fox. Thats how we get around now.

Guys, can you tell us if you have any plans on joining a label in the future ? (Amin)
We haven't really talked about it and there's tons of different ways to get your music out to people these days weather its a label or your own label or just digitally so the opinions are endless. We haven't talked about anything really yet but thats something that will come up when we're closer to making our next record.

Cone.
Haha, thanks for asking these! Wasn't quite what I expected for the first question though. :glad:

I really hope they won't go to all-digital. It just isn't the same if you don't have the physical copy on your hands. :sosad:
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:I really hope they won't go to all-digital. It just isn't the same if you don't have the physical copy on your hands. :sosad:
This! I also love reading the cd booklets. Every word of them!