DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Yeah, Open Your Eyes in live would be so awesum! B)
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

I don't know, I can't see a Chuck anniversary tour happening. Sums haven't played those songs in years and they don't feel like they have that typical "rock show" energy that DTLI has. Chuck is one of the greatest albums the world has ever seen- but it feels like there's too much emotion for a generic typical fan to enjoy a rock show like that.
BackWhereIBelong
First name: Pato

Post by BackWhereIBelong »

cladam41 wrote:I don't know, I can't see a Chuck anniversary tour happening. Sums haven't played those songs in years and they don't feel like they have that typical "rock show" energy that DTLI has. Chuck is one of the greatest albums the world has ever seen- but it feels like there's too much emotion for a generic typical fan to enjoy a rock show like that.
Deryck just can't scream the lyrics of Open Your Eyes or The Bitter End, also I don't know if Tom can do the solos of The Bitter End, or 88..

Meanwhile..
‏@Cone41
I'm practicing 50 @Sum41 songs. Been 10 years since we played All Messed Up, Thanks 4 Nothing and Hooch live. Gonna b fun 2 play those again
This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

BackWhereIBelong wrote:
cladam41 wrote:I don't know, I can't see a Chuck anniversary tour happening. Sums haven't played those songs in years and they don't feel like they have that typical "rock show" energy that DTLI has. Chuck is one of the greatest albums the world has ever seen- but it feels like there's too much emotion for a generic typical fan to enjoy a rock show like that.
Deryck just can't scream the lyrics of Open Your Eyes or The Bitter End, also I don't know if Tom can do the solos of The Bitter End, or 88..
You are right with the open your eyes thing.the band said that they tried to play it but the vocals were too difficult.
But they did play the bitter end live , so deryck can sing it.
Also, Tom is an amazing guitarist i'm pretty sure he could pull them both off (88 isn't that difficult ayway).

still i doubt it will ever happen.Unfortunately ...
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

BackWhereIBelong wrote:Deryck just can't scream the lyrics of Open Your Eyes or The Bitter End, also I don't know if Tom can do the solos of The Bitter End, or 88..
Not good enough for you?

@ 2:30-->

And if Deryck can play Bitter End solo, I see no reason why Tom couldn't pull it off aswell.
As for Deryck's screaming, yeah, he probably wouldn't scream as it were in the album, but that doesn't stop them from playing the song. They brought Billy Spleen along, why not Open Your Eyes?

Ardi41 wrote:You are right with the open your eyes thing.the band said that they tried to play it but the vocals were too difficult.
No. I'm sure Deryck could scream them, but he won't since it's not good for his voice on tour. The reason why the song wasn't played live was that the leading vocals go on top of each other. Same reason why I'm Not The One and Billy Spleen wasn't played either. But now since they've figured out how to play Billy Spleen with Tom, I don't see why Open Your Eyes wouldn't get its chance aswell.
BackWhereIBelong
First name: Pato

Post by BackWhereIBelong »

TomiT14 wrote: Not good enough for you?

@ 2:30-->

And if Deryck can play Bitter End solo, I see no reason why Tom couldn't pull it off aswell.
As for Deryck's screaming, yeah, he probably wouldn't scream as it were in the album, but that doesn't stop them from playing the song. They brought Billy Spleen along, why not Open Your Eyes?

Ardi41 wrote:You are right with the open your eyes thing.the band said that they tried to play it but the vocals were too difficult.
No. I'm sure Deryck could scream them, but he won't since it's not good for his voice on tour. The reason why the song wasn't played live was that the leading vocals go on top of each other. Same reason why I'm Not The One and Billy Spleen wasn't played either. But now since they've figured out how to play Billy Spleen with Tom, I don't see why Open Your Eyes wouldn't get its chance aswell.
WOW that's great, so they can play 88 perfectly, but, we have another problem, the multiple vocals of Open Your Eyes and I'm Not the One.. well I will die happy if they play Slipping Away for the first time complete..
This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
yeah you are right.
that was an unfortunate formulation of mine.That was what i meant with the vocals being too difficult.I didn't mean that deryck couldn't pull the screaming off.(Never question the D. ! :silly: )
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Tour starts tomorrow. Who's pumped? I know I am!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Nic wrote:Tour starts tomorrow. Who's pumped? I know I am!
Dude, I am sooo excited for tomorrow, and Friday.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

<< Still has to buy hotel rooms. But other wise REALLY looking forward to December!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Click to view the fullsize image.http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6kAAF9CMAARXV0.jpg[/imgwidth]

Walked by and took this, there was a tour bus out front that may have been theirs? But I didnt stick around cause I didn't want to be a creep lol
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
Click to view the fullsize image.http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6kAAF9CMAARXV0.jpg[/imgwidth]

Walked by and took this, there was a tour bus out front that may have been theirs? But I didnt stick around cause I didn't want to be a creep lol
I always loved venues with the thing that displays the events. The venues the Sums typically play here do not have this. :(
You totally should have stuck around. (Just casually though! haha.) I guess between the time you left was when Stevo took a photo infront of there and tweeted it.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

SumGeek wrote: I always loved venues with the thing that displays the events. The venues the Sums typically play here do not have this. :(
You totally should have stuck around. (Just casually though! haha.) I guess between the time you left was when Stevo took a photo infront of there and tweeted it.
i love those signs as well, and i actually took it after stevo, i saw his on twitter and thought i'd grab a pic.

so the show was fucking killer!!! I got there around 6:45 (show was at 8), and got a spot near the center with one person in front of me...by the time the opening band was done i was pressed right against the barricade, no one in front of me and dead center in front of the mic, perfect spot! They set up a video camera onstage the entire show, and there was also a guy recording from various places, the tour updates should kick some serious ass!

I tried recording video, but the security guy in front of me told me to quit, i have it recorded, ill upload what little i have anyways. I do not remember the setlist exactly, just alot of DTLI, all the hits and SBM and skumfuk, and ended with P4P. but it was really fucking good, and i was very happy with what they played. All Messed Up was incredible.
During the show Brown Tom handed me a pic, and I eventually got one from Deryck and Cone.

afterwards, I went outside and waited for the band, and I got to meet them! They were all so incredibly nice and it was great they stood out in the cold to sign things and take pics. It was very surreal meeting them.I talked to Tom about Gob a bit, I made a joke to stevo about the venue doing midget wrestling, and then the guy taking our photo was taking forever andstevo said it was okay, he was "enjoying the little hug we were having", hahaha. :P .. I also got to shake their hands and show them my tattoo! I can't wait for Chicago now!!

Pics:
Spoiler: show

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/FKvvj.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/srkzK.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/XHJrY.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/Q7JBt.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/pN5Ab.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/f95fN.jpg[/imgwidth]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:afterwards, I went outside and waited for the band, and I got to meet them! They were all so incredibly nice and it was great they stood out in the cold to sign things and take pics. It was very surreal meeting them.I talked to Tom about Gob a bit, I made a joke to stevo about the venue doing midget wrestling, and then the guy taking our photo was taking forever andstevo said it was okay, he was "enjoying the little hug we were having", hahaha. :P .. I also got to shake their hands and show them my tattoo! I can't wait for Chicago now!!
Dude! That's awesome! Glad you had a great time and had a chance to chat with them!
Too bad your filming didn't work out, but what the hell! :glad:
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

TomiT14 wrote: Dude! That's awesome! Glad you had a great time and had a chance to chat with them!
Too bad your filming didn't work out, but what the hell! :glad:
thanks man, it was pretty damn awesome :happy: well here's the video:

"you're not video taping, are you?"
"....no."
click. haha.
here's a somewhat better pic of the stage:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/Wwyxv.jpg[/imgwidth]
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

F why didn't I know to wait outside?! I'd probably be at the wrong door anyways..

The show was incredible. Spoilers about the setlist below.
So they started with Mr Amsterdam, awesome of course. Then they did the Motivation/88 deal. After that I don't remember the exact order of things, but obviously they didn't play DTLI from start to end. There are a few songs they sadly didn't play from it, including No Brains, ANIC, Thanks For Nothing, Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid, and Billy Spleen. I don't know why they cut No Brains.

Hooch was pretty cool to hear live. The ending sounded pretty different from the tuning, but still amazingly emotional. The other songs they played were SBM, Skumfuk, Walking Disaster, We're All To Blame, and In Too Deep. I'm not sure if they did Makes No Difference.

For their encore they started with We Will Rock You, which totally caught me off guard. I heard the cover on YouTube awhile back, but this was so much better. Then they also did a snippet of Sabotage by Beastie Boys. Also unexpected. And then of course, Fat Lip and Pain For Pleasure.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Damnit, this is all making me more and more annoyed at having missed the only Sum 41 show in Scotland since 2008. You'd think they'd have actually come to the UK during the SBM tour. Oh well. One day, maybe in a few years time, Sum 41 will come back to the UK. And I will be at at least one show. And it will be amazing.
fuck this signature nonsense
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
SumGeek wrote: I always loved venues with the thing that displays the events. The venues the Sums typically play here do not have this. :(
i love those signs as well, and i actually took it after stevo, i saw his on twitter and thought i'd grab a pic.

so the show was fucking killer!!! I got there around 6:45 (show was at 8), and got a spot near the center with one person in front of me...by the time the opening band was done i was pressed right against the barricade, no one in front of me and dead center in front of the mic, perfect spot! They set up a video camera onstage the entire show, and there was also a guy recording from various places, the tour updates should kick some serious ass!

I tried recording video, but the security guy in front of me told me to quit, i have it recorded, ill upload what little i have anyways. I do not remember the setlist exactly, just alot of DTLI, all the hits and SBM and skumfuk, and ended with P4P. but it was really fucking good, and i was very happy with what they played. All Messed Up was incredible.
During the show Brown Tom handed me a pic, and I eventually got one from Deryck and Cone.

afterwards, I went outside and waited for the band, and I got to meet them! They were all so incredibly nice and it was great they stood out in the cold to sign things and take pics. It was very surreal meeting them.I talked to Tom about Gob a bit, I made a joke to stevo about the venue doing midget wrestling, and then the guy taking our photo was taking forever andstevo said it was okay, he was "enjoying the little hug we were having", hahaha. :P .. I also got to shake their hands and show them my tattoo! I can't wait for Chicago now!!

Pics:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/FKvvj.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/srkzK.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/XHJrY.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/Q7JBt.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/pN5Ab.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/f95fN.jpg[/imgwidth]
HOLY SHIT YOU GOT PICKS!!!!!
That is my goal for the 3 shows I'm going to. Mind telling me did you catch them, or did they give them out?
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

How long after the show did you have to stick around to meet them?
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Chi-town tomorrow! Hollaaaaa!