Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Jeremy Kill wrote: Sum 41, if you're reading this, Cone has a cool voice.
I WILL be trolled for saying this- (I am accepting and expecting it...but..)
Disagreed. Leave the singing to D and Tom. Half the time you can't hear Cone anyway.
Operation MD is a good opportunity for Cone to Write/Sing and do what he likes to do aside from just playing bass...
But, I just don't think his singing or writing is up to par with Derycks..AT ALL!

Deryck asked Cone to write a heavy song for the album. And, the country song (now known as We're The Same) was the result. Are you serious? You' 'd rather have We're the Same then say- Jessica Kill?! :ohshiz: Deryck and Cone's writing just shouldn't be compared at all because they are in completely different leagues!

The few 10 seconds of Believe is already better than We're the Same in my opinion. Sorry. but not really! :D
Because I am entitled to my opinion. I really do not care AT ALL about what any of you think. So if you're just going to disagree in a snobby manner- save your time and don't make the post. I wont respond, let alone even finish reading it.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

cladam41 wrote:
Disagreed. Leave the singing to D and Tom. Half the time you can't hear Cone anyway.
Operation MD is a good opportunity for Cone to Write/Sing and do what he likes to do aside from just playing bass...
But, I just don't think his singing or writing is up to par with Derycks..AT ALL!

Deryck asked Cone to write a heavy song for the album. And, the country song (now known as We're The Same) was the result. Are you serious? You' 'd rather have We're the Same then say- Jessica Kill?! :ohshiz: Deryck and Cone's writing just shouldn't be compared at all because they are in completely different leagues!

The few 10 seconds of Believe is already better than We're the Same in my opinion. Sorry. but not really! :D
Because I am entitled to my opinion. I really do not care AT ALL about what any of you think. So if you're just going to disagree in a snobby manner- save your time and don't make the post. I wont respond, let alone even finish reading it.
-D never asked Cone to write a heavy song.. He asked the guys if they had some material lying around that they'd like to use.

-The reason why you barely hear Cone is because he's a background singer, that's what they do..

And don't you think it's a bit silly to come up with (retarded) arguments to prove your point but refuse to listen to other people's arguments because you disagree?

P.S. as long as you keep saying The Streetlight Manifesto is the best band in the world, none of your arguments/ opinions will be considered valid here.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

blackhawk1105 wrote: -D never asked Cone to write a heavy song.. He asked the guys if they had some material lying around that they'd like to use.

-The reason why you barely hear Cone is because he's a background singer, that's what they do..

And don't you think it's a bit silly to come up with (retarded) arguments to prove your point but refuse to listen to other people's arguments because you disagree?

P.S. as long as you keep saying The Streetlight Manifesto is the best band in the world, none of your arguments/ opinions will be considered valid here.
This, this and this!!

I think Cone has potential.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

HugoDisasters wrote: I think Cone has potential.
Me too. I just think his songwriting needs some work and shouldn't be put on a Sum 41 album yet. It's just not ready for that yet. But his writing is perfectly fine for Operation MD because that is more of his speed, or "level", or whatever..
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

blackhawk1105 wrote: P.S. as long as you keep saying The Streetlight Manifesto is the best band in the world, none of your arguments/ opinions will be considered valid here.
^ :hehe:
Jeremy Kill
We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Post by Jeremy Kill »

cladam41 wrote:

Who is saying We're the Same needed to replace a song or be on Screaming Bloody Murder? All I said was I like the song. As far as Cone singing goes, I mean on a studio track, not live.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't care what others think? So then why should we care what you think? It's hypocritical, what you're saying.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Alright! how the hell could you call this bad!? I really don't understand how this can not be liked!

Mike Brown, (The bari sax) can eat all of cho faces!

And Jeremy- EVERYONE hear is supposed to voice their opinion. Thats what a forum is for! however, everyone will disagree with me just cause I'm a fat loser who likes ska music. It's not quite fair- but, it is what it is. I'm not saying I don't care about your opinions, I'm saying I don't care about your opinions on ME or MY opinions. And now I can't really care much. I'm going to stay here because I love Sum 41. Not for your negative opinions on anything I do. If I have to deal with that I will. It's worth it for Sum 41.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

cladam41 wrote:Alright! how the hell could you call this bad!? I really don't understand how this can not be liked!

Mike Brown, (The bari sax) can eat all of cho faces!

And Jeremy- EVERYONE hear is supposed to voice their opinion. Thats what a forum is for! however, everyone will disagree with me just cause I'm a fat loser who likes ska music. It's not quite fair- but, it is what it is. And now I can't really care much. I'm going to stay here because I love Sum 41. Not for your negative opinions on anything I do. If I have to deal with that I will. It's worth it for Sum 41.
I know how a forum works. If people disagree with you based solely on your taste in music and who you are as a person then they are a half-idiot. They should disagree because they don't share the same view. For the most part I believe that's what's been going on.

Sometimes people just don't see eye to eye. It's not about convincing people that you're right, but just sharing what you think, hashing it out and sometimes you just agree to disagree.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Jeremy Kill wrote: I know how a forum works. If people disagree with you based solely on your taste in music and who you are as a person then they are a half-idiot. They should disagree because they don't share the same view. For the most part I believe that's what's been going on.

Sometimes people just don't see eye to eye. It's not about convincing people that you're right, but just sharing what you think, hashing it out and sometimes you just agree to disagree.
I agree completely. And I have much respect for your sense around here.

I hope everyone around here can accept me being a fat loser who likes ska, and someone who hates the song "We're the Same". I am confident that you all can. From here on- I won't any longer try to drive my opinion deeper than I already originally expressed it. (like mentioning Streetlight Manifesto 10000 times...). We should all try harder to respect everyone's opinions equally. I am aware this applies to me as well.
Last edited by ÜBERCUNT on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Bro, that's why I'm a Mod. ;)
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Fuck sorry double post.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

"We're the Same" is rightfully a b-side because the mood just doesn't fit the rest of the album. that is not a question of how good of a songwriter Cone is, it is just a different mood. I for one, don't like the song. but i like some of Cone's other songs, and i can't remember what performance it was but Cone sang more promenant background vocals and he was awesome!

this whole issue of making a petition for the band to revisit a song which we've only heard 5 seconds of is ridiculous. It's kind of pathetic to be honest, but thats just my opinion.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Vash15
First name: Daniel
Instrument 2: Vox

Post by Vash15 »

I think Cone does what he does well, play bass and do the heavier back up vocals. If they were to add a few more screams into the songs for Cone to do live, I wouldn't complain.
BackWhereIBelong
First name: Pato

Post by BackWhereIBelong »

blackhawk1105 wrote: -D never asked Cone to write a heavy song.. He asked the guys if they had some material lying around that they'd like to use.

cladam41 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote: I know how a forum works. If people disagree with you based solely on your taste in music and who you are as a person then they are a half-idiot. They should disagree because they don't share the same view. For the most part I believe that's what's been going on.

I agree completely. And I have much respect for your sense around here.

I hope everyone around here can accept me being a fat loser who likes ska, and someone who hates the song "We're the Same". I am confident that you all can. From here on- I won't any longer try to drive my opinion deeper than I already originally expressed it. (like mentioning Streetlight Manifesto 10000 times...). We should all try harder to respect everyone's opinions equally. I am aware this applies to me as well.
This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I banned someone for forcing their opinion on people once. Can't quite remember who that person was though.
[donate][/donate]
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I banned someone for forcing their opinion on people once. Can't quite remember who that person was though.
wasn't it fuckT ?
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

BrownTom just told me that : "i'm not sure if there's a finished version of it but believe could be a great song. maybe we'll put it on the next record."
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

DW_60 wrote:BrownTom just told me that : "i'm not sure if there's a finished version of it but believe could be a great song. maybe we'll put it on the next record."
And now...when will the next album be? 3 years? lol :balling:
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

With all due respect, this idea is stupid

1) the sums hardly ever reuse old material( except for subject to change)
2) Maybe the song wasn't good enough to finish it , sometimes you have an idea and you think it's brilliant but the more you work on it the more you realize it's crap
3) My guess is that we won't hear any new Sum 41 in at least 4-5 years and I'm being very optimistic
JesterofSort
First name: Damien
Instrument 2: Bass
Last.fm Username: JesterofSort

Post by JesterofSort »

[quote="Druska"]With all due respect, this idea is stupid

1) the sums hardly ever reuse old material( except for subject to change)

erm im pretty sure that deryck said the drums for reason to believe was meant to be for a song in chuck so i wouldnt say they dont use old material and i dont see the harm in this idea it did sound like it could be a good song that me and others would want to listen to.
Look In My Eyes, Tell Me Im Alright