BIME video is never going to come out (vent thread)

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
BIME video is never going to come out (vent thread)

Post by kILLDR3n »

Don't give a fuck if its "out of their hands". They said in early July that it would be a couple of weeks. Then there was more bullshit. And more.

Realistically the video will probably come out early September. Cool. This video was originally filmed in MARCH.

Horrible promotion and such with this band. Nobody even knows who they are anymore except for the hardcore fans. They're not mainstream, they're nothing. Keep dreaming if you think they're going to make another album in the next 5 years.

It's safe to say that Sum 41 is pretty much done. They hardly ever book anything in NA because they've apparently got more damn fans in fucking Europe than at home.

FYI: Sum 41 is still my favorite band.
Last edited by kILLDR3n on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Re: BIME video is never going to come out

Post by SBMurder »

sorry to here your thoughts
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I kind of agree with you about the video but the band itself seems to be doing better that it has for years in terms of liver performances.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Disagree with everything you said. Just another pointless bitch-thread.
fuck this signature nonsense
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Sum 41 has a huge amount of fans all over the entire world. So what if they don't have that "hit" single anymore... why do they need that? Why do they need new mainstream success? They had a huge amount of that in the early 2000s, and even Underclass Hero had some success in terms of singles... as a band, they've made a huge amount of money and it's ridiculous to think that they'd break up simply because they can't find mainstream success.

What's the big deal over a music video? It's a fucking music video. Who gives a shit? My favorite band, Brand New, hasn't officially released a music video since like 2004. They've made 2 albums since their last music video, and they realized a long time ago that music videos are unnecessary to sustain their fanbase. Sum 41 is the same. If anything, the lack of mainstream success could be a GOOD thing for fans like you. You may be able to see Sum 41 in a smaller venue as a result of this.

I don't know. I don't think you should be too worried. The band will be back in North America again eventually. The fact that they are able to continually tour abroad on headline tour after headline tour is proof that they're a pretty damn big band.

Finally, I'd like to add that part of the reason it seems like they're never going to be back in North America is because of Deryck's back problems from a bit ago... they had to cancel all those shows, I'm sure they're backed up in terms of places they would like to perform as a result of that.

Oh well. You're overreacting. That's all.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips

Gregorovich wrote:Disagree with everything you said. Just another pointless bitch-thread.
My original post that I was about to make before I elaborated and rambled on and on and on simply said "You're an idiot". I approve of this post.

[donate][/donate]
krivco
First name: Peter

Post by krivco »

kILLDR3n wrote: Horrible promotion and such with this band. Nobody even knows who they are anymore except for the hardcore fans. They're not mainstream, they're nothing.
I am real fan. I know who they were, who they are and who they will be. They are everything because they are not mainstrem. This is what I love about them. A little bit underground in this really shit music in present. Do you think that will be better if they will use eletronic modern music or make song with sean paul like simple plan? I dont think so. What they are doing is really great. I dont need to hear them in radio, see on TV. This is what is real music about. About music, real fans, not about TV, mainstream. That ruined many bands, so be happy that not Sum 41. I love they finally find their own way of music, when they dont need anybody else.
Deryck Whibley wrote: I dont care about press, I dont care about radio I dont care about anything except for fans. I wanna make a good record I wanna them to be happy, me to be happy. Fuck everybody else, you know
Last edited by krivco on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

it's funny how these threads pop up every once in a while ^^
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

kILLDR3n wrote:They're not mainstream, they're nothing.
hh, srsly man, just fucking srsly.

Sum 41 are finally independent, at least to a certain degree. They don't give a fuck about the label, the label doesn't give a fuck about them. In today's world, to be signed to a label almost means not being an artist. How can you be an artist when you cannot express yourself freely and without boundaries? Atlhough they themselves seem to be a little paradoxical still, they seem to realize now that they can do without the label's support and make almost the same amount of money, for we all know that a band signed to a major label makes most of it's money by performing for their fans.

Sum 41 don't need no fucking promotion, the real fanbase is big enough and the real fans will always find their way to the shows, they even have fans like TOMI or MITCHELL who would be willing to go to the same show 3 times in a row, and that's always unique for a band. The promotion for the REAL fans is provided to them through various webistes, mostly this one right here called theresnosolution.com, but also sites for people who don't speak english, like the French guys on here with their site, or the czech site sum41.cz.

Sum 41 are doing well, the biggest problem for them right now is Deryck's health, the label doesn't have to concern them at all. I mean, if they will be a little modest and stop feeling like they have to record in Hollywood in a big house with a pool.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Post by silverdolphin »

kILLDR3n wrote:BIME video is never going to come out.
kILLDR3n wrote:Realistically the video will probably come out early September.
...ok. Why was it necessary to start a new thread for your rant? Couldn't you just post it in the BIME thread?
Anyway, I still think it will be released late August, though it doesn't really matter at this point.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I believe it will be released. I thought August was reasonable since the stills were released in July. Now I'm beginning to think closer to the end of August. I hope.

I know a lot of people and Sum fans don't care about music videos just as long as they tour but I personally am one of those fans that watch videos all the time. I've even seen the Baby, You Don't Wanna Know video on TV. So, when the BIME one does get released, I'm sure it will get airplay (I know for a fact here in Canada.) I mean, it would help a little promotion-wise.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just venting here guys. I knew the type of replies that I would get though. Many of you know very well in the back of your mind you had some of these exact same thoughts during the past two years.

Its not Sum 41's fault that these things happened to them. Its the fact that current mainstream music ruined them. They are in the dirt while Justin Bieber and Katy Perry are in the spotlight. It angers me when I see people getting little recognition for their skills.

It is very sad. I defended Sum 41 for so long. I know many people here on TNS live in EU. I mainly speaking from a US perspective. I want them to be big again. I want them to be noticed.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

FuckT41182 wrote:. I mean, if they will be a little modest and stop feeling like they have to record in Hollywood in a big house with a pool.
I wish they would record some demo's on tour...let alone write music on tour! :suicide:
withchappedlips

I really want to lock this thread, or at the very least put a gun to my head.

There's nothing I hate more than seeing someone complain about a band's lack of mainstream success. Sum 41 was a fad band, and then they progressed to find their own sound, and now they're using that progression to push them as far as it can take them as a band. They're still making music, and they're still touring all over the world. What more could you want? They were nominated for a fucking Grammy or something like that recently... they're still pretty big. So what if you don't hear them all over your shitty radio stations? They're still played on the absolutely awful 89x station around me... sigh.

[donate][/donate]
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: BIME video is never going to come out (vent thread)

Post by Andros »

Fuck you they're back :hehe:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

:twisted: :oops: :neutral: :ah: :?: :spam: :spam: :fro: :grin: :geek: :dance: :headbanger: :wordyo: :suicide: :wordyo: :sweater: :smug: :ah: :dance: :sweater: :ah: :wordyo: :fro: :winkwink: :wordyo: :ah: :evil: :neutral: :ugeek: :wink: :lol!:
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

why do you care if other people listen to them anyways ? the important thing is that you like them and that you listen to them ... will it change the way you look at them when a few persons more listen to them ??
Not being mainstram , means that you are able to write whatever the fuck you want . You're not under the pressure to please the media and the society ...
BackWhereIBelong
First name: Pato

Post by BackWhereIBelong »

lol
This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

As a few of you have said, I'm sooo glad they're not mainstream and overly-popular. That attention comes with annoying fake ass fans who don't truly like the music and generally kind of ruin it for genuine fans. I love Sum 41, regardless if they ever put out another album or if this damn video ever comes out. I get where you're coming from, but I do not agree.
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l56 ... 5467_n.jpg[/imgwidth]
And for the record, I for once share the general opinion.