Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Sum 41 Interview - July 16

Post by TomiT14 »

Ardi41 wrote:dude what is your problem ^^
lol, I've got no problem! :glad:
I did not say they didn't tour the album , i said they didn't really do it
Um, okay..

I'm just shooting down the unnecessary questions. It would be great to have an interview with questions we don't know the answers to.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

1.) What does Deryck's new tattoo say, and what inspired him to get it?
Spoiler: show
2.) North American tour?...
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

TomiT14 wrote:I'm just shooting down the unnecessary questions. It would be great to have an interview with questions we don't know the answers to.
That's great ! For example Deryck's interview was awesome because we asked him questions that were never asked before. I'd like to do that in this interview as well.
The problem is, we all know Sum 41 pretty well, so it's quite difficult to come out with questions that are both interesting and new for the guys...

I'll sum up some of the questions that I've seen on this thread later today I guess.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

We should gather the members that know the most about Sum 41 and then have them make up questions.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

Jeremy Kill wrote:We should gather the members that know the most about Sum 41 and then have them make up questions.
Yeah I kind of thought about that ! Would be unfair with the newcomers though :confusion:

Anyway, it seems that Amin and I will actually be able to interview the guys on both the 16th AND the 17th...

I'm gonna work on the interview tomorrow, in the meantime, keep on asking questions guys ! :glad:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

182sins wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:We should gather the members that know the most about Sum 41 and then have them make up questions.
Yeah I kind of thought about that ! Would be unfair with the newcomers though :confusion:
Haha, well, I was kind of half-joking anyway. :silly:
Ansem
Billy Spleen

Post by Ansem »

Are there any plans to release a new live DVD/bluray?
How do you guys decide on which older and less-well known songs you put back into the setlist?
This year marks the 10th year anniversary of Does This Look Infected? Are there any plans on playing one or more shows where you play the album integrally?

Not a question but a suggestion:
I think it'd be cool if the fans could vote online on some songs for the setlist. The band could make a list of 5 songs for example and they play the one(s) with the most votes live.
Rockgoere41
First name: Doro

Post by Rockgoere41 »

The question I would ask sum 41 is:
Do You remember the Hurricane Festival last year and the "debacle" that more than 10.000 fans wasn't able to see the show?
Did you know befor that only 5.000 fans of ca 70.000 festivalfans were able to see your show?
And at least what would you say to the fans who stood in front of the tent and couldn't see your show?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi

Post by TomiT14 »

Rockgoere41 wrote:The question I would ask sum 41 is:
Do You remember the Hurricane Festival last year and the "debacle" that more than 10.000 fans wasn't able to see the show?
Did you know befor that only 5.000 fans of ca 70.000 festivalfans were able to see your show?
And at least what would you say to the fans who stood in front of the tent and couldn't see your show?
First, they were aware of this at the time., and they felt sorry, even though it wasn't their fault. Does it really matter if they remember it year after?
Also, country specific questions have always been quite lame (When will you come to Portugal? Do you like Paris? What do you think of the Russian fans?). If you want to ask a question that only YOU want an answer to, please use Twitter or Facebook to ask them yourself. These interviews are meant for questions that majority of the fans would like an answer to.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

- have you listenend to organ thieves yet ? if yes how did you like it ?
- will pain 4 pleasure ever rise again ?
- what do you think of many people drawing paralles between SBM and American Idiot or My Chemical Romance (wich is pretty stupid IMO)
- why does everything take so long since the last album ? (releases,videos,announcements etc.)
- why dou you say "soon" all the time , though it's never soon .
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Ardi41 wrote:- what do you think of many people drawing paralles between SBM and American Idiot or My Chemical Romance (wich is pretty stupid IMO)
Have people done that? I heard a lot of comparisons between Underclass Hero and those two, but I don't recall any SBM talks?
Jeremy Kill
Sum 41 Interview - July 16

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:- what do you think of many people drawing paralles between SBM and American Idiot or My Chemical Romance (wich is pretty stupid IMO)
Have people done that? I heard a lot of comparisons between Underclass Hero and those two, but I don't recall any SBM talks?
The only one I know of is when that one reviewer said Blood In My Eyes sounded like a Green Day song.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Are you guys back to play 'A Dark Road Out Of Hell' in this tour? End of my question. :D
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

I've kinda wondered why they haven't done any collaborations with other artists in a long time. I think most of those have turned out to be pretty good.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
The only one I know of is when that one reviewer said Blood In My Eyes sounded like a Green Day song.
When the album came out, I got really pissed off at people comparing the album to Green Day's American Idiot. Are they deaf? BIME is METAL. The closest thing GD have even done to metal was Horseshoes & Handgrenades.
fuck this signature nonsense
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

Thanks for you questions guys !!

I'll probably ask some of the newer ones on the 2nd iterview.

We're not gonna ask anything country-specific (like "will you play here"). We'll be asking if they plan to do a north american tour though.

We're also gonna ask some questions Jeremy posted at the beginning of the thread, I think they're cool !

And btw, we're not going to ask anything personal like some of you asked (for example "how did Stevo and Jessy meet", or "Do you all have a girlfriend", stuff like that).

I'll try to post the questions right before we do the actual interview :happy:
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

1. Out of all the songs you've brought back (And new ones being performed) into the setlist for this European tour (ie: Rhythms, Mr. Amsterdam, ANIC, No Brains, Count Your Last Blessings, ect.) Which has been you favourite to play live again?

2. Would you ever consider playing "It's What We're All About" again? Definately a favourite of mine off HHOP.

3. How did the idea of covering Queen's "We Will Rock You" come about? Were there any other covers you considered?

Hmmm. That's all I can come up with. Hope you can still add them in?!
Last edited by SumGeek on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SumGeek wrote:2. Would you ever consider playing "It's What We're All About" again? Definately a favourite of mine off HHOP.
Back in the day (2007-ish), they said if they could choose one song to be undone, it would be What We're All About. I'm remembering having the word "regret" been used. But of course there's a chance their mind could have changed by now.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:2. Would you ever consider playing "It's What We're All About" again? Definately a favourite of mine off HHOP.
Back in the day (2007-ish), they said if they could choose one song to be undone, it would be What We're All About. I'm remembering having the word "regret" been used. But of course there's a chance their mind could have changed by now.
Hmm. I don't recall this! I seriously wish they would bring it back, at least for one show. I mean, that's how Fat Lip began (Pre AKNF). How could they hate it?! Haha. Ah, well. Maybe one day!
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

TomiT14 wrote:
Didn't they say kind of the same thing about In Too Deep? And the HHOP verison of the song isn't that bad, the long version on the other hand....

Also who's better in bed of Avril and Paris Hilton?