Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Green Day

Post by samueeL »

These guys seem to like giving their fans some treats... :D Really excited, hopefully "Amy" makes the cut!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Okay, don't get me wrong. I love Green Day and all, they are one of my favorite bands.
But these studio updates are a big joke. The footage has been quite ok, but they all have been only like 20 seconds long, with just some random noises here and there that you can't really consider it being music. They should either feature some jamming sessions, or a recording of an instrument, or just a song played on it. But now they are just having sounds like the adjustment of the drums, or just random noises.

And I can't understand the YouTube comments. Everyone is jizzing every time there's a 20-sec clip of nonsense?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
Okay, don't get me wrong. I love Green Day and all, they are one of my favorite bands.
But these studio updates are a big joke. The footage has been quite ok, but they all have been only like 20 seconds long, with just some random noises here and there that you can't really consider it being music. They should either feature some jamming sessions, or a recording of an instrument, or just a song played on it. But now they are just having sounds like the adjustment of the drums, or just random noises.

And I can't understand the YouTube comments. Everyone is jizzing every time there's a 20-sec clip of nonsense?
I don't see the problem. If hardcore Green Day fans want to fantasise about BJ's silent guitar playing, who's to stop them? I think the studio updates are pretty cool. Nothing too insightful, but they give us an idea of what's sorta happening in the studio. For the first few months of the SBM studio updates we didn't hear anything as much as random drums.
fuck this signature nonsense
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

I don't see the problem. If hardcore Green Day fans want to fantasise about BJ's silent guitar playing, who's to stop them? I think the studio updates are pretty cool. Nothing too insightful, but they give us an idea of what's sorta happening in the studio. For the first few months of the SBM studio updates we didn't hear anything as much as random drums.
My fellow Scot has a point. Take out all the footage of The Sums partying and you'd only have a 20 second video too.
[donate][/donate]
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I was just thinking that they're kind of annoying, but at the same time I prefer this to hearing spoilers already.
Last edited by Tyler. on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

it feels like these albums are being kinda rushed...
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

cladam41 wrote:it feels like these albums are being kinda rushed...
Why? There are other bands out there that spend 2 weeks in a studio, and release a CD every single year just to stay relevant. Green Day released their last record in 2009. It has been 3 years. The only thing that is alarming is the fact that it's three separate albums that they plan to release. No shit they're going to quickly write some of the tracks, and not necessarily put the most thought into each individual song. They have 30+ songs to write! If they were to start writing 30 tracks right now, and take the amount of time necessary to put severe thought into them, they'd end up in the studio for half a year writing them. Odds are, they've been writing the tracks for the past 3 years, and if they haven't, they have a plan to not really care as much about the content and just focus on whatever point that they are trying to drive with the whole "Uno Dos Tre" idea that they have come up with.

Personally, I say that you should just be excited as fuck (assuming you're a Green Day fan) because a band that you love is releasing 30 brand new tracks written with their fingers, their minds, their instruments. I'd kill to have my favorite band release 30 brand new songs, even if they wrote each of them in 5 minutes in a garage! Hell, I still spin the Brand New "Fight Off Your Demons" nine song demo set from between Deja Entendu and The Devil & God, and the production on those songs are absolute shit!
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

To put things into perspective, Dookie (one of the greatest punk albums of all time) was written and recorded in two weeks.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

cladam41 wrote:it feels like these albums are being kinda rushed...
Sum 41 wrote 30+ songs in the same amount of time...
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I would say they've been writing songs that'll appear on this album for longer than 3 years as well. There'll be old tracks/ideas on here that have been worked on for ages but never used, they've already performed a whole new set of songs live a while before even getting into the studio. I think this will be less rushed than the majority of releases out there.

They didn't just start writing these songs when they went into the studio cladam...
Last edited by Tyler. on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:I would say they've been writing songs that'll appear on this album for longer than 3 years as well. There'll be old tracks/ideas on here that have been worked on for ages but never used, they've already performed a whole new set of songs live a while before even getting into the studio. I think this will be less rushed than the majority of releases out there.

They didn't just start writing these songs when they went into the studio cladam...
They've been writing since 2009.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The fact that this band has 3 albums worth of songs that they believe to be good enough to release to the public is amazing. Any band can write 30+ songs in three years, but are they all quality songs or just half-assed ideas? It's really easy to write pop-punk songs and Billie Joe is really good at writing a catchy song, so 30+ decent songs probably wasn't that difficult of a feat in the span of 3+ years of writing time.

I guess what I'm getting at is... Green Day fans are really lucky to have a band like Green Day shelling out all this material. Sum 41 fans get a live album 4 years after the fact. :sweater:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Green Day Facebook wrote:Catch the official trailer for Green Day's ¡Uno! album including the reveal of the new cover right now at http://idiotclub.com/!
Grrr... anybody a member of the idiot club? I refuse to wait until the public release to see this.

EDIT: YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!
The tracks mentioned in the video (for your convenience) are:
Nuclear Family
Stay the Night
Carpe Diem
Let Yourself Go
Fell For You
Crushing Bastards
Teenage Blue/Angel Blue
Trouble Maker
[...] Firecracker
See You Tonight
It's Fuck Time
Stop When the Red Light [...] (I'll Make You Surrender)
Kill the DJ
Lazy B[...]
Wild One
Makeout Party
Drama Queen

And the album artwork looks pretty funky too!

Click to view the fullsize image.http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-c ... ay-UNO.jpg[/imgwidth]
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Green Day

Post by 182sins »

Sounds VERY interesting ! Looking forward to the album(s) !
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Interesting album cover...

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Very odd direction for Green Day based on this trailer, it sounds funky! I like it! :2cool4u:
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

I was gonna come on here to say something sarcastic, but that music in the trailer sounds pretty good. they're finally doing something different and interesting and it only took them 8 years to do it.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Sounds like it have a nice groove to it. Not a big fan of the album artwork though.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

I like the sound, and i really like the artwork as well!
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Hmm where I have seen slanting font like that before?