Answers to Tour QA (Day 12)

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: Answers to Tour QA (Day 12)

Post by SickofEveryone »

fenderrocks wrote:Just got this last one in from Tom...this wraps up the Q&A

Q: What intrigues you most about a song (lyrics, mood, drumming....)? - samueeL

A: (Tom) It's usually the melody that makes me love a song, lyrics are pretty much equally important to me as well tho. I don't think songs need to be terribly wordy, I like lyrics best when they reflect the songwriter's feelings/opinion. I think Deryck's lyrics for Sick of everyone are fucking great.

Q: Have you ever thought of posting tabs online for some of the songs you've written? I'm a big fan of Sleepyhead and would love to know how to play some of my favourites off How Far as well. Also, would you play songs like The Mend or Nothing New live again? They're my personal favs.- Alex (FC)

A: (Tom) Posting tabs for whole songs would be too time consuming for me, gotta use my time to make records and play shows. Since it's my birthday, I'll give you a present. Here's a tab for the intro/verse of Sleepyhead, written in my own personal chicken scratch, hope you can read it and make sense of it. First tune all your guitar strings down a semitone. Start here and maybe you can figure out the rest on yr own.
We(gob) try to play different songs from "How far" and "WATG" every time we play a show. I can't see us playing "the mend" in the near future, we haven't played it in years. Nothing new is a possibility, and we do play Sleepyhead now and then.

How fucking awesome!!!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

SickofEveryone wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:Just got this last one in from Tom...this wraps up the Q&A

Q: What intrigues you most about a song (lyrics, mood, drumming....)? - samueeL

A: (Tom) It's usually the melody that makes me love a song, lyrics are pretty much equally important to me as well tho. I don't think songs need to be terribly wordy, I like lyrics best when they reflect the songwriter's feelings/opinion. I think Deryck's lyrics for Sick of everyone are fucking great.

Q: Have you ever thought of posting tabs online for some of the songs you've written? I'm a big fan of Sleepyhead and would love to know how to play some of my favourites off How Far as well. Also, would you play songs like The Mend or Nothing New live again? They're my personal favs.- Alex (FC)

A: (Tom) Posting tabs for whole songs would be too time consuming for me, gotta use my time to make records and play shows. Since it's my birthday, I'll give you a present. Here's a tab for the intro/verse of Sleepyhead, written in my own personal chicken scratch, hope you can read it and make sense of it. First tune all your guitar strings down a semitone. Start here and maybe you can figure out the rest on yr own.
We(gob) try to play different songs from "How far" and "WATG" every time we play a show. I can't see us playing "the mend" in the near future, we haven't played it in years. Nothing new is a possibility, and we do play Sleepyhead now and then.

How fucking awesome!!!
Mother of god :2cool4u:
That is some kewl shit.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

Cone answered my question!!! I knew I loved that guy!!! haha