Linkin Park

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re: Linkin Park - How it was MEANT to be.

Post by Druska »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I liked the new album. Sure it was different but I know a lot of people that said it was shite just because it wasn't old school linkin park. Personally I think that is a stupid reason. I always listen to an album with a clear mind, their previous work doesn't make an impact on me. If I like the music of that album. I like it and the same if I don't.
Problem is that I didn't like the new sound,I've got no problem with bands changing their style. I understand that they might get bored, playing the same music over and over again.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Linkin Park - How it was MEANT to be.

Post by Boni »

Druska wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I liked the new album. Sure it was different but I know a lot of people that said it was shite just because it wasn't old school linkin park. Personally I think that is a stupid reason. I always listen to an album with a clear mind, their previous work doesn't make an impact on me. If I like the music of that album. I like it and the same if I don't.
Problem is that I didn't like the new sound,I've got no problem with bands changing their style. I understand that they might get bored, playing the same music over and over again.
I had no doubt about that. I wasn't referring to anyone of this forum but just some of my mates in general.
[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Linkin Park (Another project in the works!)

Post by Gregorovich »

Wikipedia Article wrote:In June 2011, Bennington revealed to Kerrang! that Linkin Park has begun working on new material for their next album. He explained, "We've been working on a new record for the past two months. The music is great and we're well ahead of where we're expecting to be. There aren't a whole lot of noises going on, but there are a lot of good songs. It will probably get a very polarized reaction. Which pleases me. As an artist, I want a reaction." The singer added that the band would be looking to tackle controversial topics on their new album, rather than the more personal subjects of their older material. "We've learned how to write serious songs and serious lyrics. We've learned how to deal with politics, faith and other things. Those are things that can get preachy really quickly, which we don't want to do. So you need to learn to talk to people and not at people", he said.[82]
Rick Rubin will be producer of the new album. "Typically we'll have a once-a-week meeting to go listen to the songs that they're coming up with and talk about them. For so early in the project, they are much further along than they have been on the last two albums we did. On A Thousand Suns there were still a lot of irons in the fire. We knew, 'OK, we can't do this forever. Let's leave this batch and we'll come back and address it when we start up again'", Rubin said.[83]
In July 2011, Bennington told Rolling Stone that Linkin Park aims to produce a new album every eighteen months, and that he would be shocked if a new album did not come out in 2012. The band continues to record and produce new material even while touring. Bennington commented on Linkin Park's schedule, stating, "Touring for two years is excruciating. When we would tour for two years even the most resilient person in the band, at the end of that, was fucking miserable."
Sounds interesting... I don't know if the new album will continue in the direction of ATS (which, while I liked the album, I think is a bad idea) or do something completely new. If Bennington thinks it's going to polarise feedback, it must be ambitious and innovative. Well, time will only tell.

I for one am actually very excited about this next album as I have just read that it will in fact be very different from ATS - it will include less variety in sound but stronger lyrical content.
fuck this signature nonsense
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I don't care if no one else here will like it, but I love this:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Well their new underground collection, LPU 11 has been released. I don't think it's bad personally, and it was interesting hearing alternate vocal takes on Robot Boy, In the End, What I've Done & A Place for my Head. I think I'll end up chucking most of them except for maybe Soundtrack and Program.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re: Linkin Park (NEW SINGLE COMING SOON)

Post by Gregorovich »

MTV Exclusive wrote:Last year, when Linkin Park told MTV News they were already beginning work on the follow-up to A Thousand Suns, it was noteworthy for several reasons — chief among them being that this is a band that likes to take their time with things.

But it looks like all that is changing. On Tuesday, MTV News was on the set of the video for "Burn It Down," the first single from their (still-untitled) new album. So, yes, this is really happening, and yes, it's happening soon, as LP's Chester Bennington explained.

"Well, we promised our fans that we'd put out records faster, and that's what we're doing. We figured out a way to condense our cycle, so to speak, by ... continuing to write, trying to keep the creative ball rolling as often as possible," he said. "We wrote some of the stuff on the road during the last tour, and instead of ... touring for two years, we toured for about a year, we came home, jumped right back into the studio and just worked our butts off to create this record.

"And this album is a really great representation of where we're at right now as a band," Bennington continued. "We're kind of really comfortable with our early nü-metal days, and we're really comfortable with where we're at in our more contemporary version of ourselves, so this is a good representation of that comfort level with our own identity as a band."

As for "Burn It Down," well, Bennington said the band chose it as the first single mostly because it showcases everything they're hoping to accomplish on the new disc: a combination of their crackling, crushing past and their ethereal, electro-tinged present. And while we can't reveal any details about the "Burn" video just yet, we'll let Bennington tell you all about the new song:

"All of our songs take these really big creative turns and twists throughout the process, so sometimes songs will start out as a melody or some musical chord progressions. ... Other times, they'll start out as beats, and the next thing you know they kind of evolve over the course of the making of the album," he said. "But what's interesting about this track is the really high energy and the really strong electronic melodies and hooks kind of set this song apart, which is why we chose it as our first single.

"We've kind of drifted into a lot more kind of electronic, digital feel, but what's interesting about this record is that a lot of songs — people might pick up on this — but a lot of the songs kind of were started as these folk-driven songs," he continued. "So there's a very organic element to the record, as well as a very modern, kind of futuristic element too. We can't wait for our fans to hear it."
Well? I can't wait to hear where the band have gone with this one. Apparently before April 16 you will be able to 'unlock' parts of the song on the band's official website. I really have no idea what to expect. This could really go anywhere, though from the sound of it I think the new album incorporates the feel of earlier records with the electronic sounds of A Thousand Suns. No idea how that's gonna turn out!
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

Hope they've gone back to the more rock stuff, their last album was awful, really liked Minutes To Midnight too but they lost it with last album, I know it was trying to be creative and trying something different but it was just terrible, didn't like it at all.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

I know more about the album & single! In these days, some rumors have come to light regarding the album name and tracklist but all these rumors are fake. The first was a 'review' that a guy put on a forum that supposedly did the 'Rolling Stone', but was fake, all the tracklist. After that, another source with tumblr of 'Warner Music' released the album title and tracklist. The album is 'Metalepsis' but are fake too. And then a fake Best Buy post the album title 'Prototype', but then again was fake. And the album it's goint to be a mix between old and new.
And with the new single a snippet in a very, very low quality was floating around in the internet, the snippet seems like very legit, you can hear the voice of Chester and the rap of Mike. The song for what I can hear it's a mix between 'New Devide' and 'Blackbirds'm but it's hard to hear!
Today they released the puzzle, you can solve the puzzle to unlock a snippet from the new single. But when you solve the first puzlee only unlock 15 places, and a timer, for example, I have 1:30 pst. So I think means the second puzzle I can see in that hour. Well some guy say that 2 puzzlee solved are 1 snippet. Anyway! That's all I know!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

The puzzle

is so rage inducing lol.
Last edited by Tyler. on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:The puzzle

is so rage inducing lol.
I spent 10 mins on it and gave up. I hate those slider puzzles :headbanger:
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Gregorovich wrote:

is so rage inducing lol.
The worst part is that you have to get that white space as well because of the lines, so fucking annoying lol.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:

is so rage inducing lol.
The worst part is that you have to get that white space as well because of the lines, so fucking annoying lol.
Have you managed to complete it? I haven't heard anything about part of the track being unlocked, or subsequent puzzles.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I gave up a while ago, I got the entire left side done and a bit of the top white bit then got too mad.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re: Linkin Park ('BURN IT DOWN' COMING SOON)

Post by Gregorovich »

Oh actually, I've looked back on the main page and it appears that that puzzle was just one sixteenth of the entire thing :O Another fragment is open to fiddle around with and the next will come out at 7pm PST. So effectively we're gonna have to do 16 of these damn slide puzzles to unlock the artwork and the song. :suicide:
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Yeah you can click to the side and it moves around between the puzzles, so I figured it'd either be like you get 1/16th of the song when you complete each puzzle, or you get nothing until you complete them all and get the song then, something like that maybe...

Maybe all the puzzles won't just be slider ones? But I can't even finish the first so fuck it
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:Yeah you can click to the side and it moves around between the puzzles, so I figured it'd either be like you get 1/16th of the song when you complete each puzzle, or you get nothing until you complete them all and get the song then, something like that maybe...

Maybe all the puzzles won't just be slider ones? But I can't even finish the first so fuck it
I found a technique where you solve the outside edges (ie. the two edges furthest from the black square) and keep reducing the unsolved grid size, but I got half way, clicked 'save' and it deleted my progress :angry:
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Yeah I had that problem with saving as well. Can you actually save it half way through though? Or does it just save them if you've totally completed it?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:Yeah I had that problem with saving as well. Can you actually save it half way through though? Or does it just save them if you've totally completed it?
It only saves once you've completed it. I've given up (npi). Gonna play some half-life or something to vent my rage.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Gregorovich wrote:
Tyler. wrote:Yeah I had that problem with saving as well. Can you actually save it half way through though? Or does it just save them if you've totally completed it?
It only saves once you've completed it. I've given up (npi). Gonna play some half-life or something to vent my rage.
I completed 75% of the puzzle, the rest is just impossible to do without screwing up the parts I already have.