Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Post by SBMurder »

Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:.
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, I hope he gets well soon, but I think I actually would prefer hearing Sum 41 with Deryck sitting on a stool, cause with the energy he talks about they only manage to last like 50 minutes, and they're still nowhere near the amount of energy that The Hives or System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine or many other bands can show ...
Sum 41 live is pure energy, there's no discussion on this point.
oh yes there is, there just is, and I also offered the examples ... I've seen The Hives live last year and they rocked more than Sum 41, longer, more energy and the show as a whole was more interesting ... and they weren't even headlining the festival ... I have also been present at a festival in my country where Sum 41 were the HEADLINERS of the day number two and they still only played for like 50 minutes

Sum 41 are good live, but not by far the best

Wouldnt it all be opinions on who is better?
No.
:suicide:
I feel kind of sorry for you guys that you can't understand what I'm trying to say ... Do you want to convince me that you can't compare 2 things without involving your opinions ?
As I said before, opinion is not the truth, it's just somebody's opinion and many times people change their opinions every day like Avril Lavigne or teenage kids
well if i personally would prefer to go to a sum 41 concert than to a the hives concert , then that is my own choice .. i wouldnt care if some people would say that the hives are better live .. if i like sum 41 live more than the hives live , then where the hell is the bloody problem ?
there is no problem at all, there has never been one, I like to see Sum 41 live just as you do, but there is a way to determine if one product is of a higher quality than the other one, and that's all I've been saying,but everybody is fucking missing the fucking point trying to protect their fucking opinions as if I was trtying to insult them ...

As I said before, many people believe that Justin Bieber is better than John Lennon could've ever been in his life, yet we still can say that JB is ten thousand miles behind John Lennon as a musician, I mean, he's not even a musician at all ... And this is all I've been trying to say, it's paradoxical, cause as people here say, one's opinion can't be wrong and I totally agree with that, BUT, at the same time one's opinion MUST be wrong, cause Justin Bieber shouldn't even be compared to John Lennon ...

I really don't know how to explain it as I don't understand how people cannot get it after all the examples I've put in ...
you're right ... i get your point ;) .. you're tryin to say that it is a fact that some things are better than others wich is obviously absolutely true
I am just saying that if you think that Justin Bieber is better then John Lennon then go ahead its your opinion its not wrong to have an opinion. Also there is no fact in who is better again its all opinions
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

SBMurder wrote:I am just saying that if you think that Justin Bieber is better then John Lennon then go ahead its your opinion its not wrong to have an opinion. Also there is no fact in who is better again its all opinions
:) It's kind of fun talking to you, as I possessed the same opinion when I was your age ... I've already made my point and if you think that the only way you can judge something is by opinions, than whatever, go ahead :)

And I have never tried to take away anybody's opinions, so don't try to make me look as If I have, and yes, there are certain facts according to which we can determine quality of one's art, his originality and skills, his abilities to put emotions into his songs, his knowledge in his mother language that will help him write sophisticated lyrics that many will probably not even be able to understand ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I am just saying that if you think that Justin Bieber is better then John Lennon then go ahead its your opinion its not wrong to have an opinion. Also there is no fact in who is better again its all opinions
:) It's kind of fun talking to you, as I possessed the same opinion when I was your age ... I've already made my point and if you think that the only way you can judge something is by opinions, than whatever, go ahead :)

And I have never tried to take away anybody's opinions, so don't try to make me look as If I have, and yes, there are certain facts according to which we can determine quality of one's art, his originality and skills, his abilities to put emotions into his songs, his knowledge in his mother language that will help him write sophisticated lyrics that many will probably not even be able to understand ...
yes you have facts like those to which he is better in those aspects but saying one is better then another is not a fact
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

yes you have facts like those to which he is better in those aspects but saying one is better then another is not a fact
it is a fact, but a fact that has barely any value as people will always stick to their opinions, but nonetheless, a fact ... And the guys you listen to respect that fact ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

well i think it's getting way offtopic ^^

so .... deryck's interview ? right ? :hehe:
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

it is a fact, but a fact that has barely any value as people will always stick to their opinions, but nonetheless, a fact ... And the guys you listen to respect that fact ...
I will cut it short here. You cannot simply say its a fact. Its like comparing 2 sports teams. One can be better this year but suck next year they change over time so opinions change over time. but there is no right or wrong answer to saying what is better
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

I'm way too unamused to even read any of these replies.....I'm not into reading posts of paragraphs :happy:
So whatever this is about.....enjoyy :glad: this was the most useless post ever :suicide:
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I'm really starting to worry about D now, I have a feeling that we're getting close where his back is going to ge injured beyond repair if he keeps his lifestyle up.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

SBMurder wrote:I will cut it short here. You cannot simply say its a fact. Its like comparing 2 sports teams. One can be better this year but suck next year they change over time so opinions change over time. but there is no right or wrong answer to saying what is better
you can't be serious now, this example makes no sense at all
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I will cut it short here. You cannot simply say its a fact. Its like comparing 2 sports teams. One can be better this year but suck next year they change over time so opinions change over time. but there is no right or wrong answer to saying what is better
you can't be serious now, this example makes no sense at all
yea should of made a better example. Anyways to put it on easier terms opinion does not equal fact. someone likes something better does not make it actually better
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

"Quality" is also an opinion, FuckT, when it comes to music. It's not like a piece of wood for building a house, where some is more sturdy and termite resistant. Anything you judge in music is an opinion, the quality of live performances is an opinion, the quality of lyrics is an opinion. As hard as it is for you to understand, that's the truth. Half the artists you mention I would say are shit quality and would never see them live, because in my opinion it wouldn't be enjoyable. I feel sorry for you that you're an 18 year old that acts like you're a 50 year old music guru when you're actually an immature prick.
Last edited by Tyler. on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Discussions get so boring when you pull the "opinion" card, you guys. This is how we end up having nothing to talk about because we agree to disagree, you have your opinions and I have mine.

Justin Bieber is a better song writer than Deryck Whibley and I will never be wrong.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Last sentence sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Justin Bieber is a better song writer than Deryck Whibley and I will never be wrong.

.....you take that back..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Tyler. wrote:"Quality" is also an opinion, FuckT, when it comes to music. It's not like a piece of wood for building a house, where some is more sturdy and termite resistant. Anything you judge in music is an opinion, the quality of live performances is an opinion, the quality of lyrics is an opinion. As hard as it is for you to understand, that's the truth. Half the artists you mention I would say are shit quality and would never see them live, because in my opinion it wouldn't be enjoyable. I feel sorry for you that you're an 18 year old that acts like you're a 50 year old music guru when you're actually an immature prick.
The only immature thing that was done here is your big talk on the internet ... It is the only thing I really would kill people for doing on the internet(Also duck faces are kind of irritating), and though I admit I've done it before myself, I ''matured'' out of that one
First - You put so much power in opinions, yet you cannot respect mine, I am of the opinion that every art can be judged according to it's singular attributes and this opinion is so strong that I am kind of sure it is a fact, so maybe I got a little carried away ...

Second - It is simply hard for me to understand how anyone can possibly not be able to determine whether one artist is technically sufficient, above sufficient or below sufficient, it is just unbelievable for me that we cannot honestly say that Rebecca Black is worse musician than Jimmy Page or Bob Dylan ...

Third - I aplogise if I offended you in any way, I get a little annoyed when people read something, then they take out just one sentence and make an irrelevant response to it, ignoring everything else that has been written(that's why I wrote that I feel sorry for you, it was a dumb thing to write, I admit that) ... Are originality and technical abbilities really just matters of opinions ? I am sure they're not, but if you think otherwise, I respect that, even though I cannot honestly consume it

Fourth - I don't really have this one, so fuck that and let's all go watch the Charles Chaplin's speech in The Great Dictator, it is quite a good one
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Discussions get so boring when you pull the "opinion" card, you guys. This is how we end up having nothing to talk about because we agree to disagree, you have your opinions and I have mine.

Justin Bieber is a better song writer than Deryck Whibley and I will never be wrong.
I am sorry for pulling the opinion card out but it was one of those things that had to be done :winkwink:
Anyways im done arguing didnt think he would go on for so long
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

I agree completely with FuckT. if you hear someone say that Justin Beiber is the best drummer ever, you would feel obliged to slap their stupid fucking face and hopefully knock some sense into them. There's having an opinion, and having an EDUCATED opinion. i've watched numerous drum solo videos from Keith Moon, Neil Peart, the dude from nickelback, Buddy Rich, Travis Barker and Justin Beiber. in the end, i have the opinion that Neil Peart is my favourite, and therefore in my mind the best drummer of rock music. he may not play with tonnes of energy, but he is precise, and extremely knowledgable about creating drum parts to songs.

that is my opinion, and it is right. someone else may say that Keith Moon is better than Neil, but at least they took the time to consider other options. a fifteen year old girl who says Beiber is a drum god that doesn't know the names i mentioned before and is just spitting garbage from her uneducated mouth. does that make her wrong? based on what i said, yes she is.

im not saying people need to consider all options to formulate an opinion, but in order to have a valid opinion, you need to base that opinion without ignorance. which is what i believe FuckT was stating all along.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

I dont think there is an "invalid" opinion people can think what they want if you dont like it then so be it
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I don't think you understand the point of this debate, I have never tried to discredit opinions, but I will no longer try to explain myself, as all of your answers to each and every one of my arguments was the same and it hasn't even been related to what I've been talking about

Dylan got it pretty right, and even to his post you gave the same response that you gave to me at least 3 times before ...
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

FuckT41182 wrote:I don't think you understand the point of this debate, I have never tried to discredit opinions, but I will no longer try to explain myself, as all of your answers to each and every one of my arguments was the same and it hasn't even been related to what I've been talking about

Dylan got it pretty right, and even to his post you gave the same response that you gave to me at least 3 times before ...
sorry it might of been someone else but they were saying these are all facts and this is better then this ( i forget examples) and it was a fact. All im saying is that There is no fact in things like this