Sum41 Make The Edge 102 Top Songs of 2011

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Click to view the fullsize image.http://www.edge.ca/SiteAssets/Wrappers/ ... 300_v3.jpg[/imgwidth]

The Edge 102 Top Songs of 2011 Countdown List

#56 Baby You Don't Wanna Know
#74 Screaming Bloody Murder
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Sum41 Make The Edge 102 Top Songs of 2011

Post by HugoDisasters »

Fuck yeah, great news!
Hope they get somewhat more promotion to SBM due to this :happy:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I honestly expected SBM to do better than BYDWK and at least get into the top 50. This is disappointing. Then again, this station clearly doesn't have great taste in music; Blink 182 is in the top 10 :suicide:
fuck this signature nonsense
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:I honestly expected SBM to do better than BYDWK and at least get into the top 50. This is disappointing. Then again, this station clearly doesn't have great taste in music; Blink 182 is in the top 10 :suicide:
Blink 182 in the top 10? Fuck me they are retarded...

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I figured Baby You Don't Wanna Know would list higher than Screaming Bloody Murder because it's more radio-friendly and geared toward a more general audience. I'm not surprised they weren't voted much higher than they were because of the poor promotion and lack of a music video for the title track.

I'm definitely not surprised Blink-182 made the top 10 either. They're a lot more popular than Sum 41, so of course news of their first single would gather more attention. This is a list made up by the listeners/voters correct, and not the actual station? I could only assume so if we were voting for the songs we wanted a couple of weeks ago.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I'm definitely not surprised Blink-182 made the top 10 either. They're a lot more popular than Sum 41, so of course news of their first single would gather more attention. This is a list made up by the listeners/voters correct, and not the actual station? I could only assume so if we were voting for the songs we wanted a couple of weeks ago.
But Up All Night is a TERRIBLE song.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I'm definitely not surprised Blink-182 made the top 10 either. They're a lot more popular than Sum 41, so of course news of their first single would gather more attention. This is a list made up by the listeners/voters correct, and not the actual station? I could only assume so if we were voting for the songs we wanted a couple of weeks ago.
It's like whales fucking, but kids dont give a fuck if it's still catchy enough!

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gregorovich wrote:
I think there's something about a band not putting out new music for years that skews a listener's perception when that band finally decides to put out a song, especially if that band is the favorite band of said listener.

As if Blink-182 fans have been so deprived of new Blink that when Up All Night was released they loved it no matter what.

Honestly, I prefer Baby You Don't Wanna Know to Up All Night, but the latter is more original sounding.
HugoDisasters wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
It's like whales fucking, but kids dont give a fuck if it's still catchy enough!
There are way worse bands out there and I can show them to you if you want. The same theory is applied to Underclass Hero by Stevo so your comment doesn't make any sense to me. What's so terrible about being melodic?

EDIT: I would rather Blink-182's Up All Night be in the top 10 of any countdown than have either of these bands crack 100.

http://callingallwave.bandcamp.com/track/sex-fashion
I'm sorry I had to show you these two bands exist, but there's no way Blink could be worse than them.
KingofBillySpleen
First name: Jared
Instrument 1: Bass
Last.fm Username: None

Post by KingofBillySpleen »

Up All Night>BYDWK sorry guys
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

I think we are all missing the point here, how can "pumped up kicks" be the number one song of 2011? I know I can't be the only one who thinks that is a shitty song with a shittier chorus. Can I?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

KingofBillySpleen wrote:Up All Night>BYDWK sorry guys
lolno.
2712 wrote:I think we are all missing the point here, how can "pumped up kicks" be the number one song of 2011? I know I can't be the only one who thinks that is a shitty song with a shittier chorus. Can I?
That song sucks..
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
lolno.
This. I'm sorry but Up All Night is just a terrible song. Blink 182 as a band (in my honest opinion) are one of the most over-rated bands of all time. Musically, they've never once done anything remotely as complex as Sum 41, and they are, regrettably like many mainstream bands nowadays, crap live. Honestly, Tom DeLonge isn't half the musician Deryck is, let alone modern rock icons like Billie Joe and Dave Grohl. I know this isn't the bitch-about-blink thread, but some things just need to be said.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
I think there's something about a band not putting out new music for years that skews a listener's perception when that band finally decides to put out a song, especially if that band is the favorite band of said listener.

As if Blink-182 fans have been so deprived of new Blink that when Up All Night was released they loved it no matter what.

Honestly, I prefer Baby You Don't Wanna Know to Up All Night, but the latter is more original sounding.
HugoDisasters wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
There are way worse bands out there and I can show them to you if you want. The same theory is applied to Underclass Hero by Stevo so your comment doesn't make any sense to me. What's so terrible about being melodic?

EDIT: I would rather Blink-182's Up All Night be in the top 10 of any countdown than have either of these bands crack 100.

http://callingallwave.bandcamp.com/track/sex-fashion
I'm sorry I had to show you these two bands exist, but there's no way Blink could be worse than them.
I enjoyed that song. No joke, I thought it was pretty good.
[donate][/donate]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Gregorovich wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:
lolno.
This. I'm sorry but Up All Night is just a terrible song. Blink 182 as a band (in my honest opinion) are one of the most over-rated bands of all time. Musically, they've never once done anything remotely as complex as Sum 41, and they are, regrettably like many mainstream bands nowadays, crap live. Honestly, Tom DeLonge isn't half the musician Deryck is, let alone modern rock icons like Billie Joe and Dave Grohl. I know this isn't the bitch-about-blink thread, but some things just need to be said.
THIS!
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

2712 wrote:I think we are all missing the point here, how can "pumped up kicks" be the number one song of 2011? I know I can't be the only one who thinks that is a shitty song with a shittier chorus. Can I?
yeah, not sure why that song is so popular
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:
yeah, not sure why that song is so popular
I agree. I heard that song like 4 times today. Everywhere I went.