Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Lars wrote:my dad didn't like them...

untill he came with me to a concert (couldn't find anyone else) we came out of the venue and he as like: omg, they were fucking awesome

when he enters the room right now, he is always singin; "and now ive been gone for sooooo long"

well...singing :roll:

but that's not the point...

he likes them!
Good for you, man :)

Cuz my dad is pissed and annoyed by any band i listen to...
He only listens to 80s stupid pop music, and what was "In" at the 80s and other bullshit pop mainstream shit like that.
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

Count your last blessings as it reminds me of Chuck. :(
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

^Ah, one of the people who REALLY likes Chuck?

I don't expect you to like this album then. Nobody who LOVED LOVED LOVED Chuck likes this one very much.

I loved Chuck, but I didn't LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

TBH though at first i really didn't chuck and it took me quite a few months to get into, once Dave left i then really started to appreciate that album as i knew we wouldn't be getting anying that mature or heavey from Sum 41 again.
I like showing people their live performances of the Bitter end (my favoutire of all sum 41 songs) and 88 and it really shuts them up when they compare them with shitty pop bands like Busted. :twisted:

I was hoping Brwon Brigade would have some songs with a similar sounding to the heavier tracks off Chuck but so far i'm not really a fan.

I do quite like UH but it will take me time to get into it like it has with all of their albums. It has some good songs but i think some are just a bit boring like 'With me' and it definatlly lacks something from all the previous albums. (and i'm not refering to Dave.) :lol:
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

bonus tracks are my fav
tomhoppus is my hero.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Phili, i disagree with you.
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Chuck. It was an awesome album and as ChapStick mentioned, it has some great mature and heavy songs like The Bitted End and 88 (also No Reason, Welcome To Hell and Open Your Eyes are pretty heavy) which can't be compared even close with shitty pop bands and not even pop punks like Good Charlotte and Blink-182 cuz that's far different, the style of Chuck.

Anyway, it was a great album and i really loved it, yet i love Underclass Hero album very much too.

It's no news, though, i would LOVE LOVE LOVE everything Sum 41 will release, probably.
The only recorded of Sum that i don't like it as a full record is Half Hour of Power which has great songs but some stupid ones too.

Anyway, both Chuck and Underclass Hero are great.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Chuck is what seperates Sum 41 from any pop-punk band they get compared to. Even though it is my least favorite Sum 41 CD (ironically enough it also has my favorite-of-all-time Sum 41 song...) I am glad that Sum 41 put it out. They proved themselves as a versatile band instead of being just a 3-chord punk band as some people may label them.

But yeah, my favorite songs seem to shift from time to time. At the very beginning it was The Jester and Confusion/Frustration. Now it's like King of Contradiction and Speak of the Devil.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Hentaiman wrote:Phili, i disagree with you.
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Chuck. It was an awesome album and as ChapStick mentioned, it has some great mature and heavy songs like The Bitted End and 88 (also No Reason, Welcome To Hell and Open Your Eyes are pretty heavy) which can't be compared even close with shitty pop bands and not even pop punks like Good Charlotte and Blink-182 cuz that's far different, the style of Chuck.

Anyway, it was a great album and i really loved it, yet i love Underclass Hero album very much too.

It's no news, though, i would LOVE LOVE LOVE everything Sum 41 will release, probably.
The only recorded of Sum that i don't like it as a full record is Half Hour of Power which has great songs but some stupid ones too.

Anyway, both Chuck and Underclass Hero are great.
same as me

my favourite would have to be With Me, Walking Disaster, Count Your Last Blessings, and So Long Goodbye. my least favourite would be Look At me.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

Favourite Songs?
Well thats a tough one because i love the whole album but Speak of the Devil is probably my favourite. It stands out above all other songs and shows so much progression for sum41.

Least favourite?
I had dislikes for Count your last blessings when i first herd it. Its very generic chuck style but its grown on me. Best of me is my least favourite, its a great songs but compatred to the other songs its my least favourite.
Iceman029

Post by Iceman029 »

Maybe for the first time, I have to say, that some of the Sum 41's songs on the album are really horrible(Best of me, Look at me). But starting from the best ones:
#1 Confusion and frustration in modern times
#2 Speak of the devil
#3 Take a look at yourself
other very good ones: Walking disaster, Count your last blessings, March of the dogs, The jester, King of the contradiction, This is goodbye

least fav.: Und.hero, Dear father, Pull the curtain.................Best of me, Look at me
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

My new favorite is look at me.
Yeah rip me a new one but it is.

Guest is my noob.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jonny wrote:My new favorite is look at me.
I really like Look At Me too. It's really mellow and calm. Another song that shows how versatile Sum 41 can be.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yes it is.
Altough its a quiet and non-Sum41-style song, it's actually very good.

I like this song, though its not so good compared to the great stuff on "Underclass Hero".
Arcane
Ma Poubelle
First name: tom
360 Gamer Tag: iArcane
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Arcane »

in ways i dont like "88", but in other ways its my favourite ever sum 41 song. its so mysterious and deep cutting that it intrigues me so much i have to listen to it alot. and afterwards it leaves me feeling so deep in thought i just sit there like :shock: .

on underclass hero? gotta be count your last blessings
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

at the moment, its now changed to Speak Of The Devil. but like i said a while ago, its always changing!
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

swish wrote:in ways i dont like "88", but in other ways its my favourite ever sum 41 song. its so mysterious and deep cutting that it intrigues me so much i have to listen to it alot. and afterwards it leaves me feeling so deep in thought i just sit there like :shock: .

on underclass hero? gotta be count your last blessings
88 is great, it reminds me of hooch though as i think the songs set out very similary.
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

Jonny wrote:My new favorite is look at me.
Look at me is one of the best sum41 songs i've herd off that album. Its not on the UK version which really annoyed me.
Jomommaz

Post by Jomommaz »

Speak of the devil, With Me and yeah...

^^^Tim Mcilrath From Rise Against - Made by me.

BEST BANDS: Sum 41, Blink 182, Rise Against, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace.
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

i can't decide on a favorite, each time i listen to one, it's my new favorite
One of a Kind of Something
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

confusion and frustration followed by walking disaster
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show