What Do Your Parents Think Of Sum 41?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I don't think my parents really care for them that much. But if they're riding with me in my car and I blast the CD player, they don't seem to mind. In fact, my dad encourages that I turn up my music. They also like it when I'm playing along to their songs. Probably because guitar has to be one of the few things I actually ever got better at in my life.

Also, my dad is with me to the Strength In Numbers tour in October. So he better like Sum 41 by then, haha!
benroy39
Bunkface

Post by benroy39 »

Gunner wrote:I don't think my parents really care for them that much. But if they're riding with me in my car and I blast the CD player, they don't seem to mind. In fact, my dad encourages that I turn up my music. They also like it when I'm playing along to their songs. Probably because guitar has to be one of the few things I actually ever got better at in my life.

Also, my dad is with me to the Strength In Numbers tour in October. So he better like Sum 41 by then, haha!
i like how you went out of your way grammatically just to have a sum 41 song in your response ... "my dad is with me" when it should be "my dad is coming with me" atta be :wink: heres to a true fan :D
Sum-41 Fan Girl

Post by Sum-41 Fan Girl »

My dad doesn't really like Sum 41 or any other music I listen to... he calls it noise... but my mom likes the slower songs like Pieces and With Me and Best of Me... she turns the volume up on those songs when we are in the car :D My mom rocks 8) My dad listens to weird music... and he says my music sucks! He listens to songs that were made a looong time ago... and they are horrible... and he sings along to them and he can't sing... at all :x lol
Sum 41 Rox!!!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Sum-41 Fan Girl wrote:My dad doesn't really like Sum 41 or any other music I listen to... he calls it noise... but my mom likes the slower songs like Pieces and With Me and Best of Me... she turns the volume up on those songs when we are in the car :D My mom rocks 8) My dad listens to weird music... and he says my music sucks! He listens to songs that were made a looong time ago... and they are horrible... and he sings along to them and he can't sing... at all :x lol
I know exactly how u feel.
Only both my parents call Sum 41 and any other music i listen to, noise.

I, for example, like a lot Hard rock and Heavy Metal from the 70s and 80s too, but my parents even though growing up in the 80s care only about some lousy 80s pop music, and keep calling the music i listen to (including 80s classics like Guns N' Roses) noise!

They freakin' call Slash's guitar playing noise!

They just say everything with guitars is noise and giving them a headache, especially sum's heavier songs.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

on a completely unrelated note. a while back i showed my parents a AVA and taking back sunday ticket, and my mom was like "so the concerts on a sunday?" and i was like WOW...no...
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

my dad listens Judas Priest. and my mom, well, some crappy music, they don't really mind that i listen to Sum 41, more the fact that i listen to it really loud. Even when i study.
Arcane
Ma Poubelle
First name: tom
360 Gamer Tag: iArcane
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Arcane »

my parenst pretend they're interested.... then they go fuck
Sum-41 Fan Girl

Post by Sum-41 Fan Girl »

swish wrote:my parenst pretend they're interested.... then they go fuck
wow...
Sum 41 Rox!!!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

janetvaher wrote:my dad listens Judas Priest. and my mom, well, some crappy music, they don't really mind that i listen to Sum 41, more the fact that i listen to it really loud. Even when i study.
Well Judas Priest rulez! :P
But the Sums are better for me!
At least your dad listens to good stuff, unlike my dad...
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Hentaiman wrote:
janetvaher wrote:my dad listens Judas Priest. and my mom, well, some crappy music, they don't really mind that i listen to Sum 41, more the fact that i listen to it really loud. Even when i study.
lol yeah, he likes that old-school rock/metal. Plannin' to go to the Legends of Rock concert. It's gonna be cool.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

janetvaher wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
lol yeah, he likes that old-school rock/metal. Plannin' to go to the Legends of Rock concert. It's gonna be cool.
Well nothing's wrong with the old-school rock/metal.
I mean, the sums are my favorite band, but i listen to tons of other bands including Van Halen, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, The Who, Extreme, AC/DC, Kiss and more 70s and 80s Rock/metal, so it's cool.

Legends of Rock probably gonna rock! :D
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Hentaiman wrote:
janetvaher wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
I mean, the sums are my favorite band, but i listen to tons of other bands including Van Halen, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, The Who, Extreme, AC/DC, Kiss and more 70s and 80s Rock/metal, so it's cool.

Fo' sho'!
i think i have CD's from all of those bands, good to hear something a bit older sometimes, yes.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

janetvaher wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
janetvaher wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:

Fo' sho'!
i think i have CD's from all of those bands, good to hear something a bit older sometimes, yes.
Cool to find a dude who also likes some 70s-80s Hard Rock and Metal bands, plus the great Sum 41 :P
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Hentaiman wrote:
janetvaher wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
janetvaher wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:

Fo' sho'!
Cool to find a dude who also likes some 70s-80s Hard Rock and Metal bands, plus the great Sum 41 :P
dude, im not a dude!