Never heard of it
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Re: Fringe

Post by silverdolphin »

My favorite show! :) The 3rd season was fuckin' awesome! Let's see how season 4 unfolds.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

silverdolphin wrote:My favorite show! :) The 3rd season was fuckin' awesome! Let's see how season 4 unfolds.
Same here. The last episode was kinda slow, I think they need to pick it up some, but yeah, Season 3 was awesome. :2cool4u:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Never heard of it, but from the description on IMDB I'd say it's too similar to X-Files ?

A television drama centered around a female FBI agent who is forced to work with an institutionalized scientist in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena.

In X-Files, nobody believes in Mulder's work, so they send Scully(rational, non-believing scientist) to spy on him and his work, and in the end, to discredit him ... this description sounds too much to me as a rip off XD

is it so or shall I watch it ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

^ it's very much like x files, except there are more characters and stories. plus the "Scully" in this show is a believer. also, it's not about aliens, just other crazy science stuff. ex. shapeshifting, alternate dimensions, telepathy, etc.
Last edited by Dylan on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

FuckT41182 wrote:Never heard of it, but from the description on IMDB I'd say it's too similar to X-Files ?

A television drama centered around a female FBI agent who is forced to work with an institutionalized scientist in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena.

In X-Files, nobody believes in Mulder's work, so they send Scully(rational, non-believing scientist) to spy on him and his work, and in the end, to discredit him ... this description sounds too much to me as a rip off XD

is it so or shall I watch it ?
It's really a lot different than the X-Files, at least I think it is, it was prob inspired by it though, I def suggest checking it out if you like Sci-Fi stuff. It's the same writer as the movie Super 8, hulu.com has the full season 1 up for watching. It's starts off about the description that you stated above, but changes to about alternative universe, this one and the other one (universe).
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

well, in X Files 18 episodes were Monsters of the week or shape shifting and so on, and like 5 on average were about aliens and conspiracies ...

and Scully has never been a believer(I'm only in season 7 though xD), but she still doesn't believe so fast as Mulder, hence she has doubts, hence the only true believer is Mulder ... it's like the episodes where Mulder found out that the aliens have brought human race into life, I mean, they made us, and Scully refused to believe it until she found the recipe of human creation in the writings on the spaceship, the human genome and that stuff ... So far it is the way that she accepts the conspiracy of the CSM, but she still won't believe everything Mulder makes up, not even after he reminds her that in all the years they've been together he has been wrong only like 1 or 2 times

I doubt anything can beat X-Files for me, so I'm not gonna start watching it until I'm finished with the show that says that X File is something like this: ''It's a case that's been designated... unsolved." ------ Fuck I love these quotes from X Files XD

Though, when I'm finished with X Files, I'll give it a chance
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Some say it is X-Files for modern people or smthing like that. I've seen only Pilot so far and I'm not so excited about it. I'll see when I force myself to watch more of it.