Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan
Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by Ashasx »

I know it's been several months since the album released, but I feel I must say something.

This album is a complete masterpiece. I don't care what anyone says, it has only gotten better with every listen. Never have I enjoyed sitting down and listening to every track, one after the other, more than I have with SBM. Sum 41 is my favorite band, but usually I get a little tired of some songs after repeated listenings, and with this album it's the complete opposite.

I just love it.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/bli ... 6012.story

"Blink-182 broke up when pop-punk was still in vogue, and the band releases "Neighborhoods" as the genre lacks exciting mainstream representation. The group's peers have experienced free­falling sales. According to Nielsen SoundScan, Good Charlotte has sold 52,000 copies of its 2011 album, "Cardiology" (Epic), after moving 3.5 million copies of 2002's "The Young and the Hopeless," while Sum 41's latest, 2011's "Screaming Bloody Murder" (Island), has sold 36,000 copies, a far cry from the 1.9 million sold of the band's 2001 breakout, "All Killer, No Filler." "

36.000 sales in the US...this is definitely not great

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

And that for a masterpiece..

OR IS DOWNLOADING REALLY RUINING EVERYTHING

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

MachineGun wrote:http://www.billboard.com/#/features/bli ... 6012.story

"Blink-182 broke up when pop-punk was still in vogue, and the band releases "Neighborhoods" as the genre lacks exciting mainstream representation. The group's peers have experienced free­falling sales. According to Nielsen SoundScan, Good Charlotte has sold 52,000 copies of its 2011 album, "Cardiology" (Epic), after moving 3.5 million copies of 2002's "The Young and the Hopeless," while Sum 41's latest, 2011's "Screaming Bloody Murder" (Island), has sold 36,000 copies, a far cry from the 1.9 million sold of the band's 2001 breakout, "All Killer, No Filler." "

This is a giant flop, sadly.
I'm my worst enemy
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Because it never sold much doesn't mean it wasn't good, usually means poor marketing. There's plenty of albums that are awesome but I haven't listened to them simple because I've not heard of the band. Happens all the time, I find an awesome new band and I'm like wow, why haven't I heard of these guys earlier.
[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

If Lady Gaga photocopied a picture of her dick and sold copies for £10 a print they would sell by the millions. Screaming Bloody Murder is a great, great album. Now be quiet and listen to this.
fuck this signature nonsense
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

People are simply missing out.

95% of the music I listen to never gets played on my local radio stations. But who cares? I know it's good, I don't care if other people don't.

As Greg said, Lady Gaga, etc., can sell records like they're giving out money. I'd rather my favorite band not be classified with that trash.
Last edited by Ashasx on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

These sales don't mean shit. Albums are downloaded all the time illegally and not to mention it literally had NO publicity. I've seen so much Blink advertisements its no wonder their album is selling. SBM is way over Neighborhoods but Neighborhoods is going to be greeted with better reception from critics simply because of the bands history and everyone's preconceived notions that anything Blink is good... I mean it is a good album but nothing extraordinary. I will never get tired of SBM.

Ashasx wrote:I know it's been several months since the album released, but I feel I must say something.

This album is a complete masterpiece. I don't care what anyone says, it has only gotten better with every listen. Never have I enjoyed sitting down and listening to every track, one after the other, more than I have with SBM. Sum 41 is my favorite band, but usually I get a little tired of some songs after repeated listenings, and with this album it's the complete opposite.

I just love it.

exactly!
sum54184
Bunkface
First name: Hisham

Post by sum54184 »

Remember they haven't tour in us for this album yet
It just a sad song
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:I've seen so much Blink advertisements its no wonder their album is selling.
Not so fast smokey! What about those newcomer bands or even indie bands make it huge? Surly they don't have a label pushing the band? You also have to realize that if an album is good enough, people will spread word about the band/album. Word of mouth worked well back in the day, it can work well now. It would be foolish to think otherwise. It is power of the people, not some money grubbing label.

Edit: I have decided to take out the redundant part...
Last edited by Raku on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

Well i love this record and i hope the guys doesn't mind abut these numbers and keep on rocking because SBM is the beginning of a new era for the band with BrownTom, so i can't wait to see what will be the next step. Sum 41 for life.
I'm my worst enemy
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Sum 41 are touring the UK early next year on the Kerrang! Tour.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

Bobbyjames wrote:Sum 41 are touring the UK early next year on the Kerrang! Tour.
They're playing Ireland for the first time in ten years, and they're playing Glasgow, where my twin brother lives. So I'll be seeing them twice in quick succession :) Also, they're co-headling with my second favourite band :D

Bet ya they'll cancel!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

to be honest, I wouldn't care too much if they do cancel, New Found Glory & LetLive is good enough for me!
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Bobbyjames wrote:New Found Glory is good enough for me!
<3
MachineGun
First name: Sascha

Post by MachineGun »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:

These sales don't mean shit. Albums are downloaded all the time illegally and not to mention it literally had NO publicity. I've seen so much Blink advertisements its no wonder their album is selling. SBM is way over Neighborhoods but Neighborhoods is going to be greeted with better reception from critics simply because of the bands history and everyone's preconceived notions that anything Blink is good... I mean it is a good album but nothing extraordinary. I will never get tired of SBM.
i know that sales don't say anything about the quality of an album :devious: SBM is the best record i heard this year and one of my favorite records as well. i'm just worried about a new international record deal after the one with island is completed. i think they need some sales to publish further records worldwide?! if not, i'm fine, sales in general mean nothing to me. just want sum 41 to make new albums, still in 10 years :happy:
Last edited by MachineGun on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Bobbyjames wrote:to be honest, I wouldn't care too much if they do cancel, New Found Glory & LetLive is good enough for me!
I really liked NFG a couple of years ago, but now they just seems to be releasing the same recor dthe released 10 years ago. They should have continued progressing after Coming Home instead of falling back into their comfort zone. Oh and i wonder if teh band will ever tour North America.
41ariley
Bunkface
First name: Alex

Post by 41ariley »

holy shiiiit, theyre coming to Newcastle yees, does anyone know how long their set would be on the tour?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

41ariley wrote:holy shiiiit, theyre coming to Newcastle yees, does anyone know how long their set would be on the tour?
They're co-headlining so basically when bands play headlining tours it's usually like 15-20+ songs? I think. Probably around that many. I think one of their recent shows had 18 songs in the set.
41ariley
Bunkface
First name: Alex

Post by 41ariley »

Hope they play most of the new stuff including jessica kill