Sweatshop Union

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Sweatshop Union

Post by RileSum »

Sweatshop Union is probably one of the most underated group of artistes out there.

I know a lot of people hate hip-hop and rap on here, but these guys are one of a kind because they rap about real world problems (think about a rap version of Rise Against).
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Re: Sweatshop Union

Post by lisaNL »

I listened to them. They're not bad, I just don't like this kinda music. :razz:
RileSum
Billy Spleen

Post by RileSum »

lisaNL wrote:I listened to them. They're not bad, I just don't like this kinda music. :razz:
Hahaha, Owell what can i expect on a punk-rock fan website anyway :silly:

I gotta support my local 604
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I love the first song,but I can't listen to more right now,but I'll sure check them out tomorrow!

I am probably the most genres-wise person here though and I really respect rap music,but not the rapper in Friday's video by Rebecca :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
RileSum
Billy Spleen

Post by RileSum »

FuckT41182 wrote:I love the first song,but I can't listen to more right now,but I'll sure check them out tomorrow!

I am probably the most genres-wise person here though and I really respect rap music,but not the rapper in Friday's video by Rebecca :P
You mean Usher 2.0 :hehe:
ya i can respect any kind of music as long as it's half-decent.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Riley, I don't know if you're still here, but I wish I could shake hands with these guys and tell them that what they're doing and the message they're putting out is awesome
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
RileSum
Billy Spleen

Post by RileSum »

FuckT41182 wrote:Riley, I don't know if you're still here, but I wish I could shake hands with these guys and tell them that what they're doing and the message they're putting out is awesome
Oh i'm always here.

It's funny because I heard them when i was younger and didn't like it at all, few years later i actually started listnening to the lyrics in rap songs and my whole taste in hip-hop/rap changed from mainstream to the guys you'll probably never hear about ever.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

RileSum wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:Riley, I don't know if you're still here, but I wish I could shake hands with these guys and tell them that what they're doing and the message they're putting out is awesome
Oh i'm always here.

It's funny because I heard them when i was younger and didn't like it at all, few years later i actually started listnening to the lyrics in rap songs and my whole taste in hip-hop/rap changed from mainstream to the guys you'll probably never hear about ever.
yeah, independent music rocks, it's coming right from their hearts and the lyrics actually make sense to people who are smarter than 14 year old kids with no brains !

I think that the comment written by a guy under their youtube video says it all, he wrote :
''what a fuckin sad state of affairs. these guys worked so hard and made a million videos ad albums and barely any money. while pieces of shit prosper and make millions of dollers off their shitty fake rap songs. The worst part is that if a group of this calibre were to start performing outside of a lil wayne show, the people paying for that faggots shit fest wouldn't even realize they got more then their moneys worth for free outside that day, and wasted their time and cash entering the venue.''

and to a question why those guys aren't as famous as the other ''mainstream'' rappers, well, somebody replied : ''Because it's not about bitches, hoes, and money.''

it is so true that it is actually sad ...

btw : those guys are from your town or something ? Did you ever see them live ? :)
RileSum
Billy Spleen

Post by RileSum »

FuckT41182 wrote:
RileSum wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote: yeah, independent music rocks, it's coming right from their hearts and the lyrics actually make sense to people who are smarter than 14 year old kids with no brains !

I think that the comment written by a guy under their youtube video says it all, he wrote :
''what a fuckin sad state of affairs. these guys worked so hard and made a million videos ad albums and barely any money. while pieces of shit prosper and make millions of dollers off their shitty fake rap songs. The worst part is that if a group of this calibre were to start performing outside of a lil wayne show, the people paying for that faggots shit fest wouldn't even realize they got more then their moneys worth for free outside that day, and wasted their time and cash entering the venue.''

and to a question why those guys aren't as famous as the other ''mainstream'' rappers, well, somebody replied : ''Because it's not about bitches, hoes, and money.''

it is so true that it is actually sad ...

btw : those guys are from your town or something ? Did you ever see them live ? :)
They formed in Vancouver but I think 1 or 2 of them came from Vancouver Island (where I live), but i'm not sure. And they used to come to my town like 4 times a year but it became slowly became less and less, but that was way back when i wasn't that interested in them, and from then on every time they've came close to my town i've been either away or busy,
It fucking sucks! :angry:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

shame you missed them, but you will find a way to see them some other time, I would happily pay for their show, that's for sure