HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: SBM Era Interviews

Post by HugoDisasters »

Oh shit... Sum 41 with Justin Bieber that would give them A LOT of new fans. It would be totally fine unless it ruins what Sum 41 is right now.

That would bring them back to the mainstream again :holyshit:
and still not be mainstream :2cool4u:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

T-Music : Sum 41: Alcohol is our field

Sum 41 were one of the drivers of this year Rock For People. Before their performance, we managed to talk with the bass player Jason McCaslin and guitarist Tom Thacker. If you are wondering what the guys from Sum 41 tempered before the show, definitely do not miss our exclusive interview.

This is your third appearance in the Czech Republic. Are you looking forward to your "crazy" Czech fans?
Jason: The first time we've played only here was a few months ago and we were one of those people pretty shit. For this, they're happy to see us. Outside is indeed awful (the weather), but maybe it will be even more fun.

You recently returned from a tour in Japan, you see a difference between playing on your own concert and playing on the big festival?
Jason: It's a little different ... When you play your own show, you're sure everyone will sing your songs. For us nothing changes. It's still the same show.

I speak for myself, so I say that I am freezing my ass off. What about yours?
Jason: To tell the truth, about an hour ago I woke up, so I'm still hot because I was in bed. But the stage is definitely cold. Actually we played the last few shows in jackets - we're quite accustomed to winter. It looks like that in Eastern Europe is colder than the rest.

But this is Central Europe ...
Jason: So it's probably just the current issue. (laughter)

Do you have a recipe on how to warm up before the show? Need to drink something?
Jason: Yeah, we all drink. I also stretch a little. Actually get this question quite often. We certainly don't pray or meditate. Just take a few shots...

Shots of what?
Jason: I drink vodka.
Tom: Me too. Vodka keep you warm. In fact, alcohol in general ...

When it's cold as today, it's bad for other things that they do rock stars after the concerts. In other words, you have a message for potential groupies are waiting for their chance?
Jason: I'd like to tell them that I'm married.
Tom: We don't have them really ... Maybe Deryck ... No, we actually do not have any groupies.

Today you're going to play on the same stage with one more loud and fast band - Bullet For My Valentine. Do you think you are přechlastali? (no idea what this mean)
Jason: I don't have a clue about who Bullet For My Valentine are. I just heard the name, I don't know anything. But I would say that yes, we are přechlastali. Alcohol is our specialty.

Do you know some headlining of the Rock For People?
Jason: We know My Chemical Romance, because lately we play together quite often. About Paramore know what they are doing, but we never met. Then there's the group Protest The Hero, who grew up about fifteen minutes from the town where we grew up, so we know them well.

Last question: are you going to play anything from Metallica tonight?
Jason: Maybe. In the past we have played it, so we'll see. You have to wait for the evening.
Tom: I always give a little metal.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Kinda different interview compared to another ones. Funny.
Heather

Post by Heather »

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Why can't French people learn English? It's freaking 2011.

And why doesn't Steve know what's the last song of SBM :D
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

samueeL wrote:Why can't French people learn English? It's freaking 2011.

And why doesn't Steve know what's the last song of SBM :D
The guy who did the interview can speak english. He often translates things for Sum41France. But for his webzine, he wanted to say first the question in french. Which was a funny idea because Stevo understood half of the questions without translation :hehe:
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Interview with Brown Tom
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

In that iPunk interview when Tom said its not really the label, but the band when discussing the SBM video, NO it was the label that's why they're obliged to not say a word about it. Likely the label didn't agree with the concept or something.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Awesome! Nice to see Tom talking, rather than staying quiet all the time.

And yeah, the way I saw it, the label didn't want to do anything with the video. But who knows for sure, they are all so unwilling to talk about the subject. :silly:
But like Tom said, there's no use to speculate why that video didn't come out. Instead, the fans who were at the show should reveal some info about the shoot! :glad:
Heather

Post by Heather »

yay for browntom interview!!

agree with what you guys said about the video
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Where is Deryck and why isn't he doing any interviews lately?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but this is an interview from Les Ardentes (Belgium) with Steve and Cone. Some pretty cool pics too!

http://www.stubru.be/programmas/allarea ... entessum41
Heather

Post by Heather »

HugoDisasters wrote:Where is Deryck and why isn't he doing any interviews lately?
he did this one with Cone, but he kinda makes a butt of himself, the interviewer's writing didn't help

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/magazine ... g2011.html
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

fenderrocks wrote:
HugoDisasters wrote:Where is Deryck and why isn't he doing any interviews lately?
he did this one with Cone, but he kinda makes a butt of himself, the interviewer's writing didn't help

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/magazine ... g2011.html
Wow, thanks for posting! Somehow I've missed it. Nice to hear about Cone's love for hockey. :silly:
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

SUM41BRASIL and XLiveMusic Interview with Stevo: http://sum41br.webnode.pt/news/sum-41-b ... ta-sum-41/

ZONAPUNK Interview with Cone: http://sum41br.webnode.pt/news/zonapunk ... no-brasil/

It's all in Portuguese, I will try to pass into English for you!
Heather

Post by Heather »

Thanks to Serena from Sum41Bandaids for the translation

http://www.yesteen.com.br/noticia/3803/Sum41

Before the three shows in Brazil, the band talked with us!

For many years, Sum41 fans ask to see the band perform in Brazil and now for the first time, it will happen. The group arrives here in early September for three performances in the cities of Curitiba (08/09), Rio de Janeiro (9.9), and São Paulo (10/09). Before these shows happen as expected, we talked to Cone, the band's bassist, is the expectation on the band and news.

Y!: What have you prepared for the shows here in Brazil?
As we have just released a new album, we're playing a lot of his songs at our shows. But it will be a mixture of old singles and five or six songs on this new work. We're playing a lot of really cool music at our shows this year, and we'll probably play the same shows in Brazil.

Y!: We know it's the first time for you in Brazil. Do you know anything about our country?
I've eaten Brazilian food, does that count? We know some Brazilian fans who come to our shows in various places. What I know is that we will do the presentations there will be the craziest of all, judging by the fans that we have contact through the Internet, as well realize that they are anxious and excited.

Y!: What is the best part of being able to travel the world with the band?
If not for band, probably would not know so many amazing places. I would love to go to Brazil, and it's nice that I can do this with my best friends. I think travel and meet fans from various places and can play for them is the best job in the world.

Y!: How's Deryck? Better? [after the show on August 12, the singer felt severe back pain and had to cancel some concert]
Yes, it's much better. We were on tour and he was again injured on the back, so we had to cancel some shows for him to rest a few weeks before we left for South America.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

prepare to lose a lot of respect for Deryck and possibly the rest of the band?

seriously, this guy needs to get real and lose his rockstar persona. trashing Jerry Finn's apartment? all well respected musicians have had nothing but amazing things to say about Jerry and how good of a guy he was and even after his death the only thing Deryck has to shed is that they're a "fuck you band" and they trashed his stuff.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Well, he's a changed man now. 10 years ago they were 21, so their minds worked very differently back then. I don't say I'm agreeing with them, in fact I was quite surprised how much he disliked the album. But the fact is, they are not 21 anymore, like it or not.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

i guess it's the way he worded things that upset me. i have so many good memories with that album and for him to write it off like it's just useless shit they threw together so they could go off and do drugs is kind of a bummer.