Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by FuckT41182 »

fuck, I haven't listened to SBM since the second day of April, I need to listen to it so I can be a good singer at the show in July !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:fuck, I haven't listened to SBM since the second day of April, I need to listen to it so I can be a good singer at the show in July !
shame on you :blush:
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

TomiT14 wrote:So, here's my reasoning. Skumfuk was released earlier, so that won't be a single.

Reason To Believe (not radio friendly, no catchy chorus and too long outro)
Time For You To Go (too similar with Baby)
Jessica Kill (too hard for Deryck's vocals to be performed regularly)
A Dark Road Out Of Hell (too long as a full song, and I don't think they would pick only one part)
Crash (like Best Of Me in UH, a nice slow song, but most likely won't be played live, too calm for radio use)
Exit Song (do I need to say anything here?)

So, that leaves us with What Am I To Say, Blood In My Eyes and Back Where I Belong as potential singles.
BIME was released earlier, and the band has talked about it being an upcoming single, plus some of the radio stations have already played it, so I think it's the best contender for being the third single. What Am I To Say has also been played, and it's very radio friendly too. So that would be the other option for the next single.
Back Where I Belong would probably stay as a fan-favorite rarety, just like No Brains and 88.
I just disagree with your reasoning so much.. The best songs should be the singles. They're the most obvious, and one of them is already a a single. The other shit shouldn't matter.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Jake-41 wrote:I just disagree with your reasoning so much.. The best songs should be the singles. They're the most obvious, and one of them is already a a single. The other shit shouldn't matter.
Well that's not the case. Why would anyone put song to radio without chorus? That's stupid. 99,9% of the songs in radio are in form of verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo/+bridge-chorus. That's the way listener can't "understand" the song. People who listen to radio don't want to hear complex shit.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

samueeL wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:I just disagree with your reasoning so much.. The best songs should be the singles. They're the most obvious, and one of them is already a a single. The other shit shouldn't matter.
Well that's not the case. Why would anyone put song to radio without chorus? That's stupid. 99,9% of the songs in radio are in form of verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo/+bridge-chorus. That's the way listener can't "understand" the song. People who listen to radio don't want to hear complex shit.
Whaaaaaat? Lol. The best songs are like that. SBM, Jessica Kill, Blood In My Eyes, Crash, What Am I To Say, Baby You Don't Wanna Know, etc.
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

Jake-41 wrote:
samueeL wrote:
Whaaaaaat? Lol. The best songs are like that. SBM, Jessica Kill, Blood In My Eyes, Crash, What Am I To Say, Baby You Don't Wanna Know, etc.

Crash doesn't even have a drum, it's too slow, it will never be on radio or TV.
Jessica Kill is really too agressive to be a single.

Just read again Tomi's post, it's right. The next singles will be Blood in my eyes and/or What am I to say. It's really the 2 songs which would fit the most.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

ptido wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
samueeL wrote:

Crash doesn't even have a drum, it's too slow, it will never be on radio or TV.
Jessica Kill is really too agressive to be a single.

Just read again Tomi's post, it's right. The next singles will be Blood in my eyes and/or What am I to say. It's really the 2 songs which would fit the most.
FACE. PALM.
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

Jake-41 wrote:FACE. PALM.
Sorry Jake-41 but you're the one being stupid.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

samueeL wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:FACE. PALM.
Sorry Jake-41 but you're the one being stupid.
Lies.
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

Well, I did not know where to post this really, so I'll post it here!

I was on Facebook Dipple and a comment caught my attention:
Dave Baksh
Hey man heard you got married! Congrats and best wishes.
Dipple married?
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Today's the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Hopes for RTB live !
41ariley
Bunkface
First name: Alex

Post by 41ariley »

new update on youtube
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

quite lol worthy.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake-41 wrote:
samueeL wrote:
Alright, now I'm confused. I skimmed the last few pages and it sounded like you were campaigning against Baby You Don't Wanna Know as a single stating that "only the best songs" should be singles.
Jake-41 wrote:But wouldn't you want your BEST work to be noticed? Now, i realize Blood In My Eyes is still gonna be a single and stuff. But from a fans perspective (which we all are) This possibly knocks out a better song from getting a video, and being on the radio and such.
You just contradicted yourself by adding it into the list of "best songs". I've actually grown to like Baby You Don't Wanna Know. It's catchy and a great summer tune. I've also realized I don't give a shit about the lyrics, so it should make a decent single. No one cares about songs on the radio with meaning unless it's related to a recent tragedy or something. People just want a catchy tune.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

still hoping for BIME as 2nd single
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Mike wrote:i just came home from seeing the Green Lantern

Baby You Dont Want To Know is used in the movie.

Really? Now I want to see this, haha. Lately I've really been into that song. Which of course is always a good thing!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:still hoping for BIME as 2nd single
Didn't they already confirm Baby You Don't Wanna Know as the second single? They posted it on Twitter or something.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

What Am I To Say should never be a single for whoever said that. Definitely not good enough, its probably the weakest on the record or close to. Usually the best songs should be the singles, but in terms of A Dark Road Out of Hell there is an exception because its so long and would cost too much money for where Sum 41 is right now.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Hideo_Kuze wrote:still hoping for BIME as 2nd single
Didn't they already confirm Baby You Don't Wanna Know as the second single? They posted it on Twitter or something.
Cone said that Baby was "released as a 2nd single in a few countries" (ie Canada) and just a couple of days ago Stevo confirmed in that live chat that he has no clue what the 2nd single is
plus they are playing BIME live, therefor I think I can still hope :winkwink:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Anyway

Seen the new update? Is deryck that stupid or can't he really remember all the lyrics.. 3:36

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.