Video I made about religion

Promote anything you want to here. Just nothing inappropriate please.
IvanzZ
First name: Zack

Video I made about religion

Post by IvanzZ »

I did it for part of a school project. If some of you guys check it out and tell me what you think, it would be greatly appreciated :happy:

If it gets a good enough response I might make a follow-up video. So go check it out and tell me your thoughts!

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: Video I made about religion

Post by Mitchell »

can't watch it right now... need to remember it for later
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Great video.
You kinda lost me with the pictures of those people, i couldn't recognize any of them, but the book covers you put there seemed really interesting, especially two of them : The Illusion of God, and God Is Not Great, i'm gonna try and read them this summer.

I chose Islam. :2cool4u:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

I thought it was quite good, although you may wish to consider putting some facts and figures in there too e.g death tolls of certain events, and perhaps some examples of the oppression and suffering caused by religion.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Good video. I choose to believe in no god. And awesome song :cool:
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

Another good song to do with this subject is 'I am better than your god' by Larry Gallagher :)
Also, just out of interest, does anyone watch 'the atheist experience'?
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I believe in no god but I respect those that do believe in a god or gods.
[donate][/donate]
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I believe in no god but I respect those that do believe in a god or gods.
I don't necessarily respect their actual beliefs, but I will always respect their right to hold them, no matter how much I dislike or disagree with them :)
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I am my own God.
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

Bobbyjames wrote:I am my own God.
+1
IvanzZ

Post by IvanzZ »

Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:I don't necessarily respect their actual beliefs, but I will always respect their right to hold them, no matter how much I dislike or disagree with them :)
This. For the most part. I think religion causes alot of harm in society though, so I wish some people would get over it. But that'll never happen..

Thanks for the reviews btw :glad:
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

IvanzZ wrote:
Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:I don't necessarily respect their actual beliefs, but I will always respect their right to hold them, no matter how much I dislike or disagree with them :)
This. For the most part. I think religion causes alot of harm in society though, so I wish some people would get over it. But that'll never happen..

Oh yeah definitely, and you're right, because of hereditary religion and the like, it will probably never go away :suicide:
And no problem :glad:
IvanzZ

Post by IvanzZ »

Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:
IvanzZ wrote:

Oh yeah definitely, and you're right, because of hereditary religion and the like, it will probably never go away :suicide:
And no problem :glad:
Yeah that and the fact that you can almost never convince a religious person their wrong, no matter how much evidence you have that they are...I would know from experience. I guess what I would cal myself is a rationalist, but I go to a private Chrisitain school because of the area I live in. I see ignorance in practice everyday lol
billyspleen88
First name: danny

Post by billyspleen88 »

i believe in God and yes there has been a lot of violence because of religion but you should still consider all the good that religion brings like charity and stuff. i know im out numbered here but just think its not religion thats causing violence it's the individual person that chooses it.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

there are bad people everywhere in all and every religion, and even those who are atheist can be bad people. whatever you choose to believe in is exactly that: a choice. i personally believe that there may or may not be a holy entity and it can't really be determined in our human lives, but people really shouldn't govern their lives based on "what God wants". whatever happens to you is a result of your own experiences and choices, and you should always live your life they way you want to.

but i believe that there could be an afterlife. there are some crazy shit with ghosts and spirits that i've experienced so i definitely think there could be something after life. but im not concerned with that right now, im just gonna live my life the way i want to now.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

2712 wrote:there are bad people everywhere in all and every religion, and even those who are atheist can be bad people. whatever you choose to believe in is exactly that: a choice. i personally believe that there may or may not be a holy entity and it can't really be determined in our human lives, but people really shouldn't govern their lives based on "what God wants". whatever happens to you is a result of your own experiences and choices, and you should always live your life they way you want to.

but i believe that there could be an afterlife. there are some crazy shit with ghosts and spirits that i've experienced so i definitely think there could be something after life. but im not concerned with that right now, im just gonna live my life the way i want to now.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. :)
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I am not religious, and I also agree that religions have caused a lot of trouble to the humanity, but you really think that without religions people wouldn't find another reason to fight ? the biggest reason of fighting is still MONEY, and rich people will never actually take the song Imagine by John Lennon seriously :)

wars will be there forever, and the cause of the third world war will be all of us ... there is so many things that can fall on our heads, population rising, how can we exist when there will be 10 billions of us ? XD unfortunately, with out great solutions, the war will be, once again, our only solution ...

and the real solution is so easy, it says this quote by Gandhi : ''Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.'' ... so unless someone kills all the rich greedy bastards, we are fucked
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

2712 wrote:even those who are atheist can be bad people
True, but there is no logical pathway from atheism to violence, there is that pathway from religion to violence e.g. barbaric teachings, atheism has no set dogma so therefore when people say 'Stalin did what he did because he was an atheist' (I am aware you didn't say this) they are wrong, he did what he did because he was a communist.
Tis all I wanted to say :happy: