Walking Disaster Question

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

trustno-1

Post by trustno-1 »

Jonny wrote:When he says fathers no name you deserve i think he means that his real dad, who he never met, doesn't deserve to be called his father as he left before Deryck was born.
yes your right the line is very clear

phil can you give me a link to deryck's comment to the song man?
conesoperation

Post by conesoperation »

The song, according to Deryck, is about his childhood life and growing up. The intro relates to his parents, as he did not enjoy his growing up years as he states in his lyrics "Mom and Dad both in denial, and only child to take the blame" and "Sorry Mom, but I don't miss you. Fathers no name you deserve." The outro on the other hand is about how he feels now he has matured and grown up "I will be home in a while. You don't have to say a word. I can't wait to see you smile, I wouldn't miss it for the world." This song shows how he and his bandmates have realised that their parents are not as bad as they thought when they were younger.

that is what wikipedia has to say about it, and i like it. lol.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

trustno-1 wrote:
Jonny wrote:When he says fathers no name you deserve i think he means that his real dad, who he never met, doesn't deserve to be called his father as he left before Deryck was born.
yes your right the line is very clear

phil can you give me a link to deryck's comment to the song man?
PhilI. lol, I'm a girl.

Anyway, I can't remember where he talked about it, but he said it was about his life as it was growing up and how he's changed since. It's quite clear that the beginning of the song comes from a younger, teenage Deryck, and the end comes from an older, current one. Because Deryck's clearly close to his mother now.

And the storyline of the video, if you actually watch the robot, is clear enough, and it's clearly meant to go with the song. The robot CLEARLY goes home to his family at the end.

And I think the line "father's no name you deserve" is actually directed at either his mom or stepfather.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.