Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by SumGeek »

stevo32 wrote:Alter The Press! confirmed BYDWK as the second single http://www.alterthepress.com/2011/05/ne ... tails.html
Very interesting! I do like BYDWK but I think What Am I To Say would make a better single.
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

TomiT14 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:The video was for SBM never question that again unless you're an idiot.
But the timing is awful. The second single is being released in 2 weeks, and the video for the first single (which was released 3 months ago already) is still under its way.
Yes, it's not the best way to promote a single; but hey, they don't give a fuck about nothing so...
I'm my worst enemy
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

stevo32 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:The video was for SBM never question that again unless you're an idiot.
But the timing is awful. The second single is being released in 2 weeks, and the video for the first single (which was released 3 months ago already) is still under its way.
Yes, it's not the best way to promote a single; but hey, they don't give a fuck about nothing so...
I'm starting to like the way how they don't give a fuck about nothing.
At least things are getting done these days :hehe:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

don't like BYDWK as 2nd single, JK or BIME are much better choices IMHO

the 3rd single, if there will be one, is going to be a ballad, probably WAITS then I guess, and I wouldn't like that decision either

but looking at all the big delays and how slowly everything goes with the sums, the 3rd one won't come out before December and the video for BYDWK not sooner than summer 2012!
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hoocher »

It's already been forever, come on release the damn video, and it better be for SBM cause a video for this song will rock so fucking hard (and that's what she said)
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

SumGeek wrote:
stevo32 wrote:Alter The Press! confirmed BYDWK as the second single http://www.alterthepress.com/2011/05/ne ... tails.html
Very interesting! I do like BYDWK but I think What Am I To Say would make a better single.
well, you're probably right, the song is weak, sounds like a thousand other songs, it's unoriginal,totally fits the radios though, but I wouldn't want it to be the next single

btw: if they don't give a fuck so much. why do they pick radio friendly song like Baby You Don't Wanna Know as their single? if they did not give a fuck about commercial success, they would choose SBM,Jessica Kill(to please the real fans) and Sick Of Everyone or Blood in my Eyes ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:well, you're probably right, the song is weak, sounds like a thousand other songs, it's unoriginal,totally fits the radios though, but I wouldn't want it to be the next single

btw: if they don't give a fuck so much. why do they pick radio friendly song like Baby You Don't Wanna Know as their single? if they did not give a fuck about commercial success, they would choose SBM,Jessica Kill(to please the real fans) and Sick Of Everyone or Blood in my Eyes ...
Do the real fans care about the radio? Radio is all about gaining attention to get new fans. If they didn't care, they wouldn't pick any song. So of course they pick a song that fits the radio scene.
hellsong41
First name: Chris

Post by hellsong41 »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:don't like BYDWK as 2nd single, JK or BIME are much better choices IMHO

the 3rd single, if there will be one, is going to be a ballad, probably WAITS then I guess, and I wouldn't like that decision either

but looking at all the big delays and how slowly everything goes with the sums, the 3rd one won't come out before December and the video for BYDWK not sooner than summer 2012!
BYDWK wouldn't be my first choice for a single with a video, but it's still a decent choice. The thing is that, even though they don't care about the media's opinion, if they released JK or BIME as a second single, it would make it sound like they've gone all sadistic with their titles (ex. Screaming Bloody Murder, Jessica Kill, Blood In My Eyes). I have no problem with it myself, but still, it could make a difference on who picks this album up.
And if they pick a ballad as their 3rd single, I hope they pick Crash. WAITS is alright, but Crash seems more meaningful.
Believe me, it's alright.
It's so easy after all...
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, you're probably right, the song is weak, sounds like a thousand other songs, it's unoriginal,totally fits the radios though, but I wouldn't want it to be the next single

Do the real fans care about the radio? Radio is all about gaining attention to get new fans. If they didn't care, they wouldn't pick any song. So of course they pick a song that fits the radio scene.
but if they totally did not want any success, they would choose the songs that are not radio friendly at all, just to tell everyone to fuck off(mostly IR) ... there is no not giving a fuck in music these days, and if there is, people don't know those bands, just a few does ...

picking a radio friendly single means that they want to get people to like them, and the fact that we have no video or singles yet only means that IR truly does not give a fuck about Sum 41 ... If I was Sum 41, seeing that fans love them even when there are no singles at all, I would totally rock it out with Jessica Kill,SBM and Sick of Everyone or any other totally not friendly songs from the record ;)

and that's the point, isn't it ? with a radio friendly single they will gain people, yes, but not real fans, but here on TNS, all the real fans love the other songs more, and these fans are the ones who actually go to their concerts

no matter from what point of view I'm looking, I still think they do give a fuck, or at least half of a fuck ;)
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I don't know about Sum 41's contract but usually record company always has the final word about everything, including single choices.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

it also depends on the size of the band, on the contract that was signed and other aspects, but if IR take the right to choose Sum 41's songs, although their endeavor to make it big is rather comic, than Sum 41 are pretty fucked up, just saying ... in that case, Sum 41 may be not giving a fuck, but they're owned by a big rich company, at least their music is, and that's not too good ...

BUT, the most important thing is, that Sum 41 are a happy band, just look at all the luxury they had during the recording process of SBM, if there were no Island Records, it would probably not be possible, but I may be wrong and the whole shit was payed from the band member's pockets

I mean, IR may be dickheads and they own Sum 41, but they have not been that bad at all, Sum 41 cost them a lot of bills to pay ...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Well Deryck did have to pay for two songs from the album remember.

Also, why couldn't the Sums have a portable minibar? WTF!?!?!?!?
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:Well Deryck did have to pay for two songs from the album remember.

Also, why couldn't the Sums have a portable minibar? WTF!?!?!?!?
yeah, that's a good thing, but the two songs he had to pay for cost so much that if they were recording in some worse conditions, than they would have to pay less for the whole album than for those two songs XD IR is taking care of Sum 41, Sum 41 do as they're told, sometimes they disagree and do their own thing, but mostly they listen to IR ...

do you know how cheap it is to make a record in Hollywood ? Especially when you you have a tendency to destroy half the things around you ? If IR paid for that, than it's quite a shot ...
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

FuckT41182 <333 wrote:yeah, that's a good thing, but the two songs he had to pay for cost so much that if they were recording in some worse conditions, than they would have to pay less for the whole album than for those two songs XD IR is taking care of Sum 41, Sum 41 do as they're told, sometimes they disagree and do their own thing, but mostly they listen to IR ...

do you know how cheap it is to make a record in Hollywood ? Especially when you you have a tendency to destroy half the things around you ? If IR paid for that, than it's quite a shot ...
Don't you underestimate...
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Sun May 08, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PyroAMYac
Bunkface
First name: Amy
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Guitar
Last.fm Username: Mckredie

Post by PyroAMYac »

Video Video video video.... COME ON.

"I wish it was raining, 'cause I hate every beautiful day"
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

HugoDisasters
Confusion!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

TomiT14 wrote:
HugoDisasters
Confusion!
What? :2cool4u:

Have anybody got any idea of when the music video will be released? I've waited for it so long...

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:
HugoDisasters
Confusion!
Fakeninja
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
HugoDisasters
Confusion!
Fakeninja
That does sound awfully familiar.

However, back on topic.

gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
HugoDisasters
Confusion!
Fakeninja
At first I was like "ok he's here for a year, he's got 1200 posts and I don't have a fucking clue who is he!" super confusion!