Deryck's Top 10 songs to play live

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
Re: Deryck's Top 10 songs to play live

Post by kILLDR3n »

Green Day live is over produced. They are not a better band than Sum 41. For their fans they might be better compared to Sum 41. But I like Sum 41 live better because I like them overall better than Green Day. You know what I mean? Green Day is fucking trash nowadays who wants to watch that shit. Sum 41 just goes out and performs. No stupid shit like a back up singer or other random people around on stage doing whatever. They just hold true to their music.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I like Sum 41 more than Green Day and I'm an old fan of the Sums whereas I've only got intro green day lately, yet I still know GD is a better live band. And there's nothing wrong with having piano, trumpet, all that shit on stage, they love their live shows and they have fun, the guys playing have been on tour with them for years, they're like a part of the band as much as anyone else.

and I guess that's really why it's more fun, because they have a whole lot of shit going on with other instruments. It's just cool.
Last edited by Tyler. on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

2712 wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
gejmik wrote:
cladam41 wrote:(Rise Against is THE worst live band EVAR!!!!)
whaaat? really? I was considering going on their show this year.
never actually seen them in person, but on youtube- they sound like poop
THEN HOW CAN YOU TRUELY JUDGE?!?!?!?!!?!?!

When i saw Rise Against, it was fucking awesome!!! there was just standing room and maybe 1000 people there!!! people were surfing to hero of war and swing life away, it was awesome.
I'm seeing them in July!

And yeah you definitely have to see the band live to judge lol, I've heard from every single actual blink fan that admits they suck on youtube say they were awesome live.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

cladam41 wrote:(Rise Against is THE worst live band EVAR!!!!)
:ohshiz: I actually think that rise against is really good live.
Last edited by lisaNL on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Tyler. wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
cladam41 wrote:but they're no green day when it comes to live performances
Luckily so. Relatively Sums are way better. If the Sums brought the explosions and other theatricals along with the extended setlist, they would be the same at its worst.
But I don't want the Sums to become like Green Day. I love how Sum 41 is an awesome live band without any special effects.
Green Day is far better live band than Sum 41. I have seen both, was in the mosh for Sum 41 and sitting for Green Day and GD was probably still more exciting. Even if Sum 41 managed to play a 2.5 hour set and had the explosions, it would not be as good as GD live because Billie Joe is a superior frontman.

This by no means means Sum 41 is shit live, it's just Green Day is on par with Muse and a few others for best live act in the world.
Well that's your opinion. I don't see what makes Billie Joe so superior compared to Deryck. I think they are equally as good in their own ways.

But yeah, I've already shared my view in my other posts, so I don't feel like saying all that all over again.
sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by sumelf »

I saw rise against about a year ago, they were pretty good, though i heard only two their songs for that time the show was awesome
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I think part of the reason people may consider Green Day a better live band than Sums maybe because they just feel that Deryck is trying to be like Billie. I'm not saying it's like that but it hink it may have something to do with that.
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
HapinessMachine41 wrote:Too many words
Why triple post?
i'm sorry xD
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Emil wrote:I think part of the reason people may consider Green Day a better live band than Sums maybe because they just feel that Deryck is trying to be like Billie. I'm not saying it's like that but it hink it may have something to do with that.
Well, fuck those people well i mean.
Deryck probably doesn't even know who Billie Joe is..

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

HugoDisasters wrote:
Emil wrote:I think part of the reason people may consider Green Day a better live band than Sums maybe because they just feel that Deryck is trying to be like Billie. I'm not saying it's like that but it hink it may have something to do with that.
He does..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
HugoDisasters wrote:
He does..
+ he even said that Green Day are fucking great live, they are Deryck's favorite live bad, so Billie is probably his favorite live singer ...

and to the argument of Tyler and some other people, you argue about some things there, but you try to determine the best live show bet it out, theween two bands who perform differently these days ... Yes, GD are definitely more artistic and Billy Joe is a better singer than Deryck, these are facts, but Sum 41 play a different type of shows, while GD follow some plans and they make it a big rock show, Sum 41 simply rock it out and they do it fast and loud, drunk and in different ways and they have more of the old good ''no-order show'' ... I mean, how big quality show could Blink 182 offer you from 1998 to 2002 ? but would you wanna miss it ? Me ? NEVER ... it would definitely be fast, funny, crazy, fucked up lines, fucked up guitar riffs, no order and so on, but that was the best about it :)
we could try to compare Queen and Sham 69 or The Clash live, but they have a different style and songs ...

I mean, some people want the show to last 3 hours, they want expensive fireworks and good quality singing and playing, and some people just want to rock it out, play fast, diarrhea ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:+ he even said that Green Day are fucking great live, they are Deryck's favorite live bad, so Billie is probably his favorite live singer ...
Source for this? Never heard him talk about GD or Billie Joe, except when he told he listened to American Idiot during UH progress.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
HugoDisasters wrote:
He does..
+ he even said that Green Day are fucking great live, they are Deryck's favorite live bad, so Billie is probably his favorite live singer ...
this...

I really don't know where it is from, but it's from some interview during UH era (or before it? I'm not really sure) Deryck said that Green Day is his favourite live band.
Last edited by gejmik on Sun May 08, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:+ he even said that Green Day are fucking great live, they are Deryck's favorite live bad, so Billie is probably his favorite live singer ...
Source for this? Never heard him talk about GD or Billie Joe, except when he told he listened to American Idiot during UH progress.
I've read it somewhere, I don't keep tracks of all the things I read ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Vandals were pretty sweet live, the two guys swapped instruments and the guy playing guitar fell off the stage lol.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
Do you remember when he said that? I actually find that kind of funny considering I always felt Underclass Hero had these American Idiot-rooted elements in it.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Do you remember when he said that? I actually find that kind of funny considering I always felt Underclass Hero had these American Idiot-rooted elements in it.
Can't remember if it was a video interview or an article, but sometime during the recording process (or just after they finished) of UH, he was asked which albums he had listened to recently. And he said he listened to American Idiot while recording/writing UH.
sumdaypunkrocker
First name: Anthony
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Keyboard

Post by sumdaypunkrocker »

No way I buy this load of shit. It's obviously just a method to plug some of their biggest singles.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

kILLDR3n wrote:Green Day live is over produced. They are not a better band than Sum 41. For their fans they might be better compared to Sum 41. But I like Sum 41 live better because I like them overall better than Green Day. You know what I mean? Green Day is fucking trash nowadays who wants to watch that shit. Sum 41 just goes out and performs. No stupid shit like a back up singer or other random people around on stage doing whatever. They just hold true to their music.
This comment was 2 years and one day ago, but I'm going to call you out on it anyway. This is the most incoherent and startlingly unintelligent post I've seen on this forum since SickOfEveryone stopped posting (which I acknowledge was after this was posted). This post is possibly so illogical, uninformed and ridiculous, I now feel as though reading it has created a small tumour in my frontal lobe.
fuck this signature nonsense
Bizzy

Post by Bizzy »

Gregorovich wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:Green Day live is over produced. They are not a better band than Sum 41. For their fans they might be better compared to Sum 41. But I like Sum 41 live better because I like them overall better than Green Day. You know what I mean? Green Day is fucking trash nowadays who wants to watch that shit. Sum 41 just goes out and performs. No stupid shit like a back up singer or other random people around on stage doing whatever. They just hold true to their music.
This comment was 2 years and one day ago, but I'm going to call you out on it anyway. This is the most incoherent and startlingly unintelligent post I've seen on this forum since SickOfEveryone stopped posting (which I acknowledge was after this was posted). This post is possibly so illogical, uninformed and ridiculous, I now feel as though reading it has created a small tumour in my frontal lobe.

Dude I know what you're saying...I love Green Day and they're one of my favourite bands...but when I jsut saw them live...I hated how they had some guy in the back back up singing, and the ectra guy on piano....it jsut doesn't feel right. I liked it better back in the day when Mike's mic was louder and you could actually hear him sing.