Re: SBM vs Chuck

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:
FakeNinja wrote: :2cool4u:
Stop using that! Makes me wanna punch you right in the cool guy mouth.
I'm 2 COOL 4 U :2cool4u:

You have a point with Chuck being classic but n'ah it's just not enough i think.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I thought SBM is better until today. I listened a few times to both of them - SBM and Chuck. And yeah, Chuck is really better. SBM is awesome, Chuck is superawesome.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Definitely SBM
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

gejmik wrote:I thought SBM is better until today. I listened a few times to both of them - SBM and Chuck. And yeah, Chuck is really better. SBM is awesome, Chuck is superawesome.
exactly this happened with me, I thought that SBM really could defeat Chuck, but than I listened to Chuck again and fuck, I was wrong, SBM is a good album, but Chuck is just better ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Voted Screaming Bloody Murder. I listened to Chuck just recently and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. However, I just like how Screaming Bloody Murder is all over the place and plays into a lot of different moods and sounds. With Chuck, I felt the mood was stagnant throughout most of the album, like three or four songs "felt" the same to me. Off the top of my head they are: Angels with Dirty Faces, Open Your Eyes, I'm Not the One and There's No Solution.

Songs/parts like the intro to Skumfuk, the verse of Sick of Everyone, Baby You Don't Wanna Know, Reason to Believe... it all just feels refreshing to listen to for me.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I didn't think Screaming Bloody Murder would become my favourite, but it turned out to be some of their best work. It was so much more than I expected and I was blown away by it. Chuck was my favourite album. I almost like them equally, thats how close. To me, SBM just feels more complete though and well, like The Sums said it's just a very eclectic album.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Voted Screaming Bloody Murder. I listened to Chuck just recently and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. However, I just like how Screaming Bloody Murder is all over the place and plays into a lot of different moods and sounds. With Chuck, I felt the mood was stagnant throughout most of the album, like three or four songs "felt" the same to me. Off the top of my head they are: Angels with Dirty Faces, Open Your Eyes, I'm Not the One and There's No Solution.

Songs/parts like the intro to Skumfuk, the verse of Sick of Everyone, Baby You Don't Wanna Know, Reason to Believe... it all just feels refreshing to listen to for me.
I'll have to share your opinion cause well, i think the same and i did the same.
Obvious makes obvious.

Right? :2cool4u:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

I voted for SBM because i think that Chuck was a little too heavy and i like the soft parts of songs on SBM
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

For some reason, chuck as an album just isn't that enjoyable as a listen in my opinion. The same sounds with no real building energy and the slow songs aren't so special either.

I like Chuck as a group of songs, because i like many of the songs individually, but- Chuck as an album, to me is a bit boring....? it's just not a fun listen. (DTLI? is a GREAT album listen!! its my fav besides SBM)

SBM as an album, is legendary!! twists, turns, epic build ups, amazing slow songs..I like every song on it and the album is fun to hear-not only as a group of songs, but also as an album, unlike Chuck

SBM wins it for me
sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by sumelf »

Chuck, but SBM is very close!
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

Both are great albums, but SBM I like more now cos Deryck's vocals sound too deep on lot of Chuck compared to SBM, sounds like he smoked too much but at same time not all of it, Pieces and Some Say wasn't as bad vocals ! still love it all same
IvanzZ
First name: Zack

Post by IvanzZ »

I voted SBM.

Its not because I don't like Chuck, I love it, but to me its an album that suffers from repitition. As someone has already mentioned, a handful of the songs have the same feel to them. Besides the slow songs, almost all the heavy songs have the same type of vocals and feel. Idk it may just be me, but Chuck gets repetitive in my opinion. I would rank it as my 3rd fav Sum 41 album.

To me SBM is like a motherfucking journey of epic proportions. Everytime I listen to it, I hear so many different sounds and melodies and just like..idk...epicness haha. Musically and creatively I feel this is there best album, and to me its an album that everytime I listen to it straight through and just feel this amazing musical journey taking place in my head. My favorite album of all time.
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

cladam41 wrote:SBM as an album, is legendary!! twists, turns, epic build ups, amazing slow songs..I like every song on it and the album is fun to hear-not only as a group of songs, but also as an album, unlike Chuck
Exactly my thoughts.
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

RileSum wrote:
cladam41 wrote:SBM as an album, is legendary!! twists, turns, epic build ups, amazing slow songs..I like every song on it and the album is fun to hear-not only as a group of songs, but also as an album, unlike Chuck
Exactly my thoughts.
Yea what he said
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

i couldn't vote, this one's legit impossible for me right now. i too was disappointed that sbm (despite the hype) wasn't nearly as fast or heavy as i thought it would be. in fact i'm pretty sure it's their only album w/o a typical punkish / fast as hell beat (never wake up on aknf, anic/no brains/mr. amsterdam on dtli, watb,angels.../bitter end/welcome to hell/88 on chuck, and king of contradiction on uh). the songwriting, however, is FAR superior on sbm. like i thought we're all to blame was really experimental for the sums, but alot of the songs on sbm take it to a whole new level. put it this way:

ballads: tie (crash is amazing, exit song is very good, but waits is far too generic; slipping away is possibly THE most underrated sums song imo, plus pieces and some say are great [albeit pieces rips off the scientist far too much]).
heaviness: chuck wins
songwriting: sbm wins
vocals: sbm wins
musicianship (solos/drums mainly): chuck wins

so really imo it's far too close a call.
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

chuck is the best album ever :2cool4u:

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

I don't get the love for Crash. I think it's pretty crap to be honest.

Screaming Bloody Murder wins it for me for the production and songwriting. Truly a great album. Chuck is a classic in my book too, but 'Murder takes it behind a bush, pisses on its shoes and leaves it there to wonder about it's own inadequacies.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Chuck has more lows than SBM does. Therefore SBM>Chuck.

Chuck has too many average songs. Angels with Dirty Faces, Open Your Eyes (highly underrated though), I'm Not the One (also underrated), There's No Solution, Slipping Away (I DO NOT LIKE THIS SONG).

SBM I only consider What I Am to Say as not very good and I do like Crash, but don't really like listening to straight up ballads often. Exit Song doesn't count here. I don't even consider Time For You to Go and Baby You Don't Wanna Know as average. How simple they might be, there are GOOD. Both choruses have a good melody and Time For You to Go has a cool verse as well.
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

SBMurder wrote:
RileSum wrote:
Exactly my thoughts.
Yea what he said

SBM IS LEGEN..DARY ! :D
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'