Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Re: SBM sales

Post by dbauer91 »

is the 39k first weeks sales for the u.s. or worldwide? cuz if it's the u.s. that's actually not bad at all in today's non-cd-buying world.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

A lot of bands aren't getting that high CD sales anymore. SBM sales are probably pretty low, but I would not say they're bad sales.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Also Sum 41 has one more record with IR. SBM isn't the last one guys.
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

stevo32 wrote:The sales aren't good especially in Canada and in U.S.A. where usually they sold a lot of copies (especially in Canada); personally i don't give a fuck about it because their shows are selling out now, more than ever.
And for who said "no one wants to admit that they're not the same band anymore", everyone knows it: in 2006 someone left the band so how could they be the same? Now they've a new lineup and you can like it or not; i like it.
I agree
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, even if they do have one more album in the contract with IR.. it might as well be a live album or something, and I bet that for the SBM tour they'll have new live CD/DVD cuz every tour for now except the UH tour had some kind of either live CD or DVD following it (AKNF - ItD/Live @Astoria, DTLI - Sake Bombs, Chuck - GCY/HLS, UH - nothing!).
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

If I remember right Wiki said sth like IR took an option to renew their contract because UH sold quite well, about/over 1 Mil.
So I guess SBM is quite a flop, if you don't bother about the pathectic promoting.
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

Faeyaner wrote:If I remember right Wiki said sth like IR took an option to renew their contract because UH sold quite well, about/over 1 Mil.
So I guess SBM is quite a flop, if you don't bother about the pathectic promoting.
Yes i rember that too; SBM is a great flop but without any promotion i think it's normal : if half of the people that saw them live in this last year bought the album it would have been a success, but people nowadays prefer to dowload music illegally.
I'm my worst enemy
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

As a little contrast Wasting Light sold 250 000 copies its first week in the us alone and the new Rise Against record sold 85 000 its first week in the US.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

and The Beatles sold 500 millions worldwide, the record sales also depend on the way the band promotes their album, where Sum 41 kinda fucked up the shows, no video is to be seen, so fuck it, they obviously don't give a fuck, label doesn't give a fuck as well, this record looks like it was never supposed to sell ...

IR don't need Sum 41's sales, they have a lot of shitty stuff in their notebook, and the shitty stuff sells the best these days, and they even do listen to what the label says, which means that they don't destroy half the things they come in contact with ...

I don't see a reason why IR should protest when Sum 41 decides to leave

fuck,Tom Delonge's modlife would promote them better XD but they wouldn't be able to release any physical CD's ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

you guys are all retards for villainizing island records. pretty sure none of us would have ever heard of the sums if they weren't signed by them in the first place. plus, if i was i.r. i'd be pretty pissed too. when a band puts out 3 albums in the first 4 years you have them signed and then waits that amount of time to put out ONE, i wouldn't exactly be thrilled. plus, the sums are kinda douches when it comes to dealing w/ the ir people, so i can see their frustration.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

SBM sales

Post by gejmik »

dbauer91 wrote:you guys are all retards for villainizing island records. pretty sure none of us would have ever heard of the sums if they weren't signed by them in the first place. plus, if i was i.r. i'd be pretty pissed too. when a band puts out 3 albums in the first 4 years you have them signed and then waits that amount of time to put out ONE, i wouldn't exactly be thrilled. plus, the sums are kinda douches when it comes to dealing w/ the ir people, so i can see their frustration.
They're not frustrated as long as they have Justin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk