Post by Mitchell »

stfu about nirvana.. this is a music vid discussion thread
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: SBM Music Vid

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:stfu about nirvana.. this is a music vid discussion thread
what, did it hurt to find out that there is more unique bands than one ? :silly:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

wow, page 8 is about nothing. Great work guys.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

FuckT41182 wrote:
what, did it hurt to find out that there is more unique bands than one ? :silly:
unique is unique.. you can't be more unique than someone else.. that's why I said that it's impossible
ReasonToBelieveSomeday
First name: Pat

Post by ReasonToBelieveSomeday »

and....music video when?
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

End of April probably, hopefully before then :glad:

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I think those people were stupid to go along to the 'shooting' of 'Screaming Bloody Murder'. The video is probably just a mass genocide. Like Basketball Butcher but with hundreds of people.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:Well, I still don't get it... If Kurt wouldn't kill himself they wouldn't get the same recognition.. the same loud heavy music with pop overtones.. the forefront of grunge was already played by Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains since around 1987-1988. Soundgarden ever started some time before but only had their album in 1988, and Alice in Chains also.. though they played some glam/grunge combination before moving to the heavy tones.
Well, Smells Like Teen Spirit broke out onto the mainstream first, or at least was the most recognized grunge song and beat out Micheal Jackson on the charts or whatever. The band is remembered because Kurt killed himself.

Take Blink-182 for example, if someone in the band was to kill themselves in the highest point in their career, people will remember them for that. They pretty much brought pop-punk to the mainstream, but are they necessarily the best? That's pretty much the situation with Nirvana.

Kurt was okay at guitar, but as a songwriter he was good. He wrote good melodies and catchy songs despite a lot of stuff going on (ie. I find Radio Friendly Unit Shifter quite catchy and I listen to it quite a bit).
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I was just gonna say, "what has this thread turned into?!" haha! Save it for the music discussion why don't ya. Just kidding. I think TNS goes off topic quite the bit.

Moving on, I don't think we'll expect the video until May. We can only hope earlier though!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Well, I still don't get it... If Kurt wouldn't kill himself they wouldn't get the same recognition.. the same loud heavy music with pop overtones.. the forefront of grunge was already played by Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains since around 1987-1988. Soundgarden ever started some time before but only had their album in 1988, and Alice in Chains also.. though they played some glam/grunge combination before moving to the heavy tones.
Well, Smells Like Teen Spirit broke out onto the mainstream first, or at least was the most recognized grunge song and beat out Micheal Jackson on the charts or whatever. The band is remembered because Kurt killed himself.

Take Blink-182 for example, if someone in the band was to kill themselves in the highest point in their career, people will remember them for that. They pretty much brought pop-punk to the mainstream, but are they necessarily the best? That's pretty much the situation with Nirvana.

Kurt was okay at guitar, but as a songwriter he was good. He wrote good melodies and catchy songs despite a lot of stuff going on (ie. I find Radio Friendly Unit Shifter quite catchy and I listen to it quite a bit).
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. It's like Edgar Allen Poe; his poems/stories only got recognition after he died. He wasn't at all famous when he was alive, Kurt Cobain and Nirvana were.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I'm not even that excited for the music video, I'm curious but I never watch them more than once or twice anyway. :razz: unless it's so awesome that it deserves more views :razz:
Last edited by lisaNL on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

lisaNL wrote:I'm not even that excited for the music video, I'm curious but I never watch them more than once or twice anyway. :razz: unless it's so awesome that it deserves more views :razz:
Like the hell song?
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
unique is unique.. you can't be more unique than someone else.. that's why I said that it's impossible
They have this really special sound that no other band has... - I was talking about his sentence, because it's very naive to say
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Gregorovich wrote:
lisaNL wrote:I'm not even that excited for the music video, I'm curious but I never watch them more than once or twice anyway. :razz: unless it's so awesome that it deserves more views :razz:
Like the hell song?
Yeah!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

I'm excited but once we get an announcement about when the video will be released, i'll be super stoked!
I love watching music videos, especially The Sums' because I made a dvd with their videos which I watch often. The Pieces music video is my favourite, although it is quite simple.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

SumGeek wrote:The Pieces music video is my favourite, although it is quite simple.
I consider that as the most mature of all, actually.

It has a cool story to tell, a cool atmosphere, an awesome ending, I think it isn't 'simple' at all.

Look at WATB, Still Waiting, Over My Head or Motivation. That's what I call simple.

I think they put a lot effort into the Pieces-vid.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
They have this really special sound that no other band has... - I was talking about his sentence, because it's very naive to say
Not at all.. there is not a single other band with this kind of sounds.. it's unique.. if GD recorded the exact same songs it would sound and feel completely different..
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Lars wrote:
SumGeek wrote:The Pieces music video is my favourite, although it is quite simple.
I consider that as the most mature of all, actually.

It has a cool story to tell, a cool atmosphere, an awesome ending, I think it isn't 'simple' at all.

Look at WATB, Still Waiting, Over My Head or Motivation. That's what I call simple.

I think they put a lot effort into the Pieces-vid.
Of course they did, you can tell with the moving trucks and all, aswell as the story, I just meant theres not much effects or anything in it, but then again you don't have much of that in any Sum 41 video. I'm expecting the SBM video to have a story to it like the way this one does.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Not at all.. there is not a single other band with this kind of sounds.. it's unique.. if GD recorded the exact same songs it would sound and feel completely different..
Are you talking about Screaming Bloody Murder (album) or the band's sound in general? Because as soon as someone can say, "It reminds me of..." then the band's sound is no longer 100% unique. With all the music there is out there, a 100% unique band is impossible. However, the song arrangements on Screaming Bloody Murder are quite unique as not many bands really do that sort of thing. It gets compared to Green Day because they were pretty much the first band of this generation popularize it or at least bring it to attention (Jesus of Suburbia, 21st Century Breakdown). A Dark Road Out of Hell may sound nothing like Jesus of Suburbia, but people will still compare it to Green Day because of the approach that was taken.

Also, I doubt the sounds of the songs Time for You to Go and Baby You Don't Wanna Know have never ever existed before in the history of music. The sound of those two songs can definitely be found in other bands' music.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
but your sentence doesn't say that Sum 41 is unique, but that Sum 41 is the only unique band, or at least for me it sounds that way, and Sum 41 are not that unique, Chuck is fucking amazing,my favorite record by Sum 41 and one of my favs to listen to, but I definitely can tell you the influences or what it sounds like in a second ...

but when I listen to SoAD or RATM, I just can't ...

Jeremy - I guess that we can say that SoAD is totally one of a kind, can't we ? :P