Help in Studio

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Schniz

Help in Studio

Post by Schniz »

Hey!
Me and my band are recording our song at our drummer's house.
The song recorded in a good quality, but i want to add effects to the vocals.
On "Underclass Hero", there's alot of songs that Deryck uses a radio effect on his voice. I tried to use Equalizer but it just not the same feeling.

someone know how to do that effect?
thanks!
(sorry about my crappy english, i'm from israel)
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

I think if you remove all lows and some mids, increase the highs a bit, put a chrorus and maybe some reverb (just some short early reflections, no actual reverb) on it, it should sound similar to that. I'm just guessing because I haven't had soundfx class yet (I'm studying to be a future audio engineer) and since I am just a drummer, I haven't worked with that kind of fx very often.
You should be able find some pre-setup plugin on web. Do you use Cubase to record?

Btw your english is alright ;)
Schniz

Post by Schniz »

Thanks..
and no, I'm using Mixcraft 3 - a very easy-to-use program. i don't have the time to learn Cubase...
For the mix is Mixcraft 3 (and some effects..) and the Sound Editing program is Adobe Audition 2.0
Audition also could mix the song but i prefer Mixcraft (the user-interface is so easy!)

Thanks again!
I'll post the song when we'll finish! (i hope soon!)
jpinero
Bunkface

Post by jpinero »

There's a program called Audacity, I use it to record stuff, I think it's great, and its free. there are some cool effects on there, you could give that a shot.
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

jpinero wrote:There's a program called Audacity, I use it to record stuff, I think it's great, and its free. there are some cool effects on there, you could give that a shot.
i use it too, but recording quality is shit.
or is it just my computer?