Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Re: NEW SONGS LIVE ?

Post by dbauer91 »

i know everyone's wondering what new songs they'll play, but remember when deryck (or maybe tom) said that the album basically sounds like 4 guys jamming and isn't too over-produced? i doubt they'd be able to reproduce the sound of at least half of these songs live, especially given the almost ever-occurring 2-in-1 kind of songs w/ both piano and heavily distorted guitar.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

dbauer91 wrote:i know everyone's wondering what new songs they'll play, but remember when deryck (or maybe tom) said that the album basically sounds like 4 guys jamming and isn't too over-produced? i doubt they'd be able to reproduce the sound of at least half of these songs live, especially given the almost ever-occurring 2-in-1 kind of songs w/ both piano and heavily distorted guitar.
I thought i heard someone say that they were suppose to bring a piano on the SBM tour or something like that
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

2712 wrote:i don't think so, that doesn't make sense to me
Well here's a photo where you can see that Stevo has a list written on his snare.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61 ... etlist.jpg[/imgwidth]
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Well here's a photo where you can see that Stevo has a list written on his snare.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61 ... etlist.jpg[/imgwidth]
oh i see, its actually written on his snare. i thought maybe he was suggesting that he taped a paper set list onto his snare, which wouldn't be a good idea. but stevo probably doesn't write the set list on his snare every time.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Yeah I don't know why he has that written on there because they don't always do the exact same one each tour.
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

i think hell song would be good for the encore open song

since they used it as the first song for so long
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, if the setlist from last night at the Glass House in Pomona is real, then it sucks. It's just a basic normal Sum 41 set like they've played on their last European and US dates.. but I was expecting something new considering it was their album release show, so at least Blood in My Eyes or something, ya know..
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Hentaiman wrote:Well, if the setlist from last night at the Glass House in Pomona is real, then it sucks. It's just a basic normal Sum 41 set like they've played on their last European and US dates.. but I was expecting something new considering it was their album release show, so at least Blood in My Eyes or something, ya know..
Check out the thread 'Secret Show', I'm guessing it will be their proper live SBM launch show. They should play a good lot of the new songs there, hopefully!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah saw it now, I guess there they'll play some new stuff finally!
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah saw it now, I guess there they'll play some new stuff finally!
You'd hope so! I saw you commented about the Foo's, did they play their whole new album at that secret show? Maybe the Sums will do that!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Tyler. wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Yeah saw it now, I guess there they'll play some new stuff finally!
You'd hope so! I saw you commented about the Foo's, did they play their whole new album at that secret show? Maybe the Sums will do that!
Yeah they did actually!
I think there was two secret shows. One in December that they only played like 4-5 new songs and that old Nirvana b-side. And one in January when they played the whole album plus more classics.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Well I'm not getting my hopes up because they probably won't, but the albums 55 minutes and they could play it and maybe some other songs. Definitely getting my hopes up though :P even though I'm in Australia and the most I could see is shitty youtube vids lol
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Tyler. wrote:Well I'm not getting my hopes up because they probably won't, but the albums 55 minutes and they could play it and maybe some other songs. Definitely getting my hopes up though :P even though I'm in Australia and the most I could see is shitty youtube vids lol
Yeah same with me. I do hope they'd do something like that and we'll get some youtube vids, maybe even someone with an HQ camera could record it :silly:
jaw knee jak
Bunkface

Post by jaw knee jak »

Although im sure he has a printed setlist somewere, its common enough for people to write set lists on snare drums, assuming your doing the same set every night or you can aford a new skin on your snare for everyshow.
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

cladam41 wrote:
Noreason757 wrote:well i mean they are gonna play new songs tonight theres no doubt about that, but i do doubt that setlist is correct though it could possibly be true or at least some of it, like opening with reason to believe
they better!! im sick of opening w/ the same old hell song...reason to believe would be an epic intro!!
In Portugal, at the 2 shows they gave, they started with My Direction ! Both shows were fucking epic !
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'