First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: The "Who's Left?" Thread

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote: Teasing the poor bastards :winkwink:
I wouldn't call myself poor or silly or whatever you meant.

I have the album since this morning and tell me: what's cooler than putting it into your cd-player and being completely surprised by it, instead of listening to them on a stream?
I really couldn't care less.. it doesn't make a difference at all to me, the music is the same.. the waiting isn't as long as it is when you wait for the cd to come
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Lars wrote:

I have the album since this morning and tell me: what's cooler than putting it into your cd-player and being completely surprised by it, instead of listening to them on a stream?
I really couldn't care less.. it doesn't make a difference at all to me, the music is the same.. the waiting isn't as long as it is when you wait for the cd to come
Yeah I never really got that either. It's just something people do for the sake of doing something.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

sooo turns out I may not get the album on Tuesday.
*eye twitches*
I don't think I'll survive that.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

ThanksForTheVenom wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Lars wrote:

Yeah I never really got that either. It's just something people do for the sake of doing something.
Lol I don't see how you guys can get excited about a stream. It just sucks balls. I hate listening to something off a website when it's not even meant to be out yet.

But everyone has their own opinions, that's why we have the people that waited, and had the people that listened to leaks etc.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Tyler. wrote:
ThanksForTheVenom wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Lars wrote:

Lol I don't see how you guys can get excited about a stream. It just sucks balls. I hate listening to something off a website when it's not even meant to be out yet.

But everyone has their own opinions, that's why we have the people that waited, and had the people that listened to leaks etc.
I'm not excited for the stream itself, I'm excited for the music. Listening to it from the stream just means I get to listen to it faster, in just as good of quality as if I waited for the CD itself.

I
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Just because you don't hear a difference, doesn't mean everyone enjoys listening to streams. I don't like the feeling of not knowing if I'm listening to new music from my favorite band for first time in the best possible quality or if it's been squashed by bad encoding. I don't want to have to worry about that, that's why I waited and it was definitely worth it. It's also become an anticipation ritual thing for me, like when I prepare everything for a great meal that I was looking forward to all day. It doesn't have to be there as quickly possible, I'd rather wait a little longer and make sure the table is all set, so I can enjoy every second.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Simon wrote:Just because you don't hear a difference, doesn't mean everyone enjoys listening to streams. I don't like the feeling of not knowing if I'm listening to new music from my favorite band for first time in the best possible quality or if it's been squashed by bad encoding. I don't want to have to worry about that, that's why I waited and it was definitely worth it. It's also become an anticipation ritual thing for me, like when I prepare everything for a great meal that I was looking forward to all day. It doesn't have to be there as quickly possible, I'd rather wait a little longer and make sure the table is all set, so I can enjoy every second.
Well explained ! I feel the same actually, I listen to streams or bad quality rips when I don't really give a fuck to the band who plays it, but Sum 41 is my favorite band, I downloaded the UH leak, and I didn't really enjoy the first listen, just because I wasn't "prepared". When I'll listen to SBM for the first time, it's gonna be with my good headphones, with nothing to interrupt me !
PyroAMYac
Bunkface
First name: Amy
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Guitar
Last.fm Username: Mckredie

Post by PyroAMYac »

So, I caved. It's not REALLY my fault, I was angry my shiny CD didn't come today and then when I went to have a look at Sum41.com a stream of the whole album came up...So I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO IT SINCE :2cool4u: Not sure if I should be sorry or not...

"I wish it was raining, 'cause I hate every beautiful day"
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

PyroAMYac wrote:So, I caved. It's not REALLY my fault, I was angry my shiny CD didn't come today and then when I went to have a look at Sum41.com a stream of the whole album came up...So I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO IT SINCE :2cool4u: Not sure if I should be sorry or not...
If you enjoyed it and it made you feel better, don't be. Sum 41 certainly doesn't care and nobody here actually cares either and that's fine. This is the perfect album to go "Fuck everything, I'm listening to it now.. who gives a shit."
For me, the waiting was worth it because it ended up being perfect timing. I had the greatest weekend of the year.
Only downside is that unlike now, last year I would've been able to do drumcovers of all the songs right away. Trying to find a late/night practice space for drumming when living in a city is frustrating.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

One more fucking day! :glad:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

I asked a big store in Helsinki, when they would have SBM.
On March 30th, which is the release date here, but only 1 copy. Only one single fucking copy.

Well, doesn't really matter, since I've already ordered it elsewhere. Except I got an email today, stating they would ship it on April 1st at its earliest.

So, looks like I'll be the last man standing.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

less than 24 hours now bitches.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:I asked a big store in Helsinki, when they would have SBM.
On March 30th, which is the release date here, but only 1 copy. Only one single fucking copy.

Well, doesn't really matter, since I've already ordered it elsewhere. Except I got an email today, stating they would ship it on April 1st at its earliest.

That's really messed! Have you thought about buying that only copy? :/
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

Not exactly, I received my copy but I won't listen to it till the 5th, because I got a LOT of work this week, and I won't be home till this date, so I have the choice to listen to it for the first time on bad laptop speakers, or I can wait and listen to it with good headphones... I want to have the best experience possible, and I really don't mind if I have to wait one more week now :D
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

182sins wrote:

Not exactly, I received my copy but I won't listen to it till the 5th, because I got a LOT of work this week, and I won't be home till this date, so I have the choice to listen to it for the first time on bad laptop speakers, or I can wait and listen to it with good headphones... I want to have the best experience possible, and I really don't mind if I have to wait one more week now :D
Wow man!

I'll be okay, as long as I'll get to listen to it this week. I haven't even thought about a possibilty to delay it to the next week. :glad:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm excited to pick it up from the stores tomorrow. I'm quite surprised I am, considering I downloaded the leak and have been listening to the album for almost a week now! :silly:
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Imagine if I caved like right now?!?!

Won't happen sorry, I (and only a handful) have made it. And they're gonna get a nice little surprise.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

Shit, I listened to RTB...
I'm still trying to recover from that listen, it's just amazing this album is going to be a masterpiece
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

182sins wrote:Shit, I listened to RTB...
I'm still trying to recover from that listen, it's just amazing this album is going to be a masterpiece
WHY DID YOU DO THAT?

You need to listen to it whole way through. Not individual songs here and there. :silly:
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

it happened, I couldn't fight. Well the rest is next week, I promise !

edit: I listened to it just once, I know I have to listen to the whole thing, but wow it's HOT
Last edited by 182sins on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.