Sum 41 on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: Sum 41 on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

stevo32 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Has the band ever performed on SNL by themselves or was it just when they were with Ludacris? It would be awesome to see them on SNL.
No they also did this performance (awesome introduction by Steve Stifler :devious: )
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/13937433
Haha, I love how Stevo says "I don't give a poop about nothing!" I remember when they had their national television debut and he said it, right after he had a big grin on his face. It was pretty funny.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Has the band ever performed on SNL by themselves or was it just when they were with Ludacris? It would be awesome to see them on SNL.
No they also did this performance (awesome introduction by Steve Stifler :devious: )
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/13937433
Haha, I love how Stevo says "I don't give a poop about nothing!" I remember when they had their national television debut and he said it, right after he had a big grin on his face. It was pretty funny.
I remember that one.. his facial expression was priceless
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Hentaiman wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:By the time March 31st rolls around, Blood In My Eyes would probably already be on the radio (just going by history, as Walking Disaster was released just before Underclass Hero dropped).

I'm guessing the two songs would be Screaming Bloody Murder and Blood In My Eyes. Possibly with the latter being the main song to be televised as it's would be the newer single.
Yeah, now when I think about it.. it's possible that BIME is gonna be the main song to promote, as when they played Jay Leno in 2007 and they played Walking Disaster, although I don't think it was even released as an official single then, it was just played on radio and leaked from there.. and they actually played Jay Leno on the day UH was officially released.

Anyway, I just hope they'll have more TV appearances cuz these are always cool. In the UH era they only played Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel, opposed to 2002-2003 when they played Hell Song and Still Waiting in all kinds of shows like Carson Daly, David Letterman, etc. and 2004-2005 when they played Pieces in all these TV shows, including at the Junos which was a great performance.
maybe they don't have enough tv appearances, but they don't really need them or at least here, cos pretty much everyone i know who's into rock/pop-punk music knows them, their show in barcelona was sold out 2/3 weeks after the tickets were available , same happened in madrid and their show in bilbao was sold out like a week before the show and trust me they don't get too much media attention over here
sum 41 is the kind of band you know because somebody told you about them, they don't play friendly tunes for the radio, except for pieces and with me perhaps.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Still Waiting wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:By the time March 31st rolls around, Blood In My Eyes would probably already be on the radio (just going by history, as Walking Disaster was released just before Underclass Hero dropped).

I'm guessing the two songs would be Screaming Bloody Murder and Blood In My Eyes. Possibly with the latter being the main song to be televised as it's would be the newer single.
Yeah, now when I think about it.. it's possible that BIME is gonna be the main song to promote, as when they played Jay Leno in 2007 and they played Walking Disaster, although I don't think it was even released as an official single then, it was just played on radio and leaked from there.. and they actually played Jay Leno on the day UH was officially released.

Anyway, I just hope they'll have more TV appearances cuz these are always cool. In the UH era they only played Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel, opposed to 2002-2003 when they played Hell Song and Still Waiting in all kinds of shows like Carson Daly, David Letterman, etc. and 2004-2005 when they played Pieces in all these TV shows, including at the Junos which was a great performance.
maybe they don't have enough tv appearances, but they don't really need them or at least here, cos pretty much everyone i know who's into rock/pop-punk music knows them, their show in barcelona was sold out 2/3 weeks after the tickets were available , same happened in madrid and their show in bilbao was sold out like a week before the show and trust me they don't get too much media attention over here
sum 41 is the kind of band you know because somebody told you about them, they don't play friendly tunes for the radio, except for pieces and with me perhaps.
Ya that's true but still cool to see them on these TV program things, and to know they might be getting more auidence and new fans this way.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Either way, it's on national TV and that's not bad!

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
YSaleh2519

Post by YSaleh2519 »

I actually got tickets for the Jimmy Kimmel show...pretty excited. I also had tickets for the Jay Leno show which was awesome. They played Walking Disaster and finished off with Underclass Hero and then kind of...walked off stage. Im hoping its Blood In My Eyes and Screaming Bloody Murder that they play...I'd love to hear those 2 songs live.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

i'm really excited for kimmel and hope this starts a new trend and they start going on more talk shows and stuff, i'd like to have more pro shot videos of them, maybe they'll go on hoppus, i just don't want to see them performing the title track on my 8 different shows, though i'd be happy for them getting exposure either way, i'd like to see lots of different songs i could watch over and over haha
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

pteargriffin wrote:i'm really excited for kimmel and hope this starts a new trend and they start going on more talk shows and stuff, i'd like to have more pro shot videos of them, maybe they'll go on hoppus, i just don't want to see them performing the title track on my 8 different shows, though i'd be happy for them getting exposure either way, i'd like to see lots of different songs i could watch over and over haha
I'm sorry, but Mark Hoppus' show fails miserably. Way too scripted. The co-host, whatever her name is, ruins the show. Mark by himself is great.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

kILLDR3n wrote:
pteargriffin wrote:i'm really excited for kimmel and hope this starts a new trend and they start going on more talk shows and stuff, i'd like to have more pro shot videos of them, maybe they'll go on hoppus, i just don't want to see them performing the title track on my 8 different shows, though i'd be happy for them getting exposure either way, i'd like to see lots of different songs i could watch over and over haha
I'm sorry, but Mark Hoppus' show fails miserably. Way too scripted. The co-host, whatever her name is, ruins the show. Mark by himself is great.
i just ignore her, but hey, at least its a show getting artists on to be interviewed and perform, can never after too many MUSIC shows
Hexidecimal
First name: Kevin
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Keys

Post by Hexidecimal »

I'm going to the kimmel show, hopefully i can get backstage and some photos!@
maxpayne4664

Post by maxpayne4664 »

Got my tickets for the concert.