Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Tyler. »

For some odd reason I really can't wait for Exit Song....
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

I've become sick of everyone now ! i can't stop listening to it, i love it !
I'm my worst enemy
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Is it me or the volume seems lower than other songs (not Sum 41 songs), when I listen to skumfuk for example I must boost the volume a little, anybody else?
punkbizzy
Bunkface
First name: Tiago

Post by punkbizzy »

182sins wrote:Is it me or the volume seems lower than other songs (not Sum 41 songs), when I listen to skumfuk for example I must boost the volume a little, anybody else?
That's because the version of Skumfuk we have it's not a produced/final version...(I think)
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

punkbizzy wrote:
182sins wrote:Is it me or the volume seems lower than other songs (not Sum 41 songs), when I listen to skumfuk for example I must boost the volume a little, anybody else?
That's because the version of Skumfuk we have it's not a produced/final version...(I think)
True that. And it also depends on the program you ripped the CD with and its settings.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I'm so proud of myself. I woke up this morning and didn't go back and listen to the leaks...thats 14 hours down....7 days left..lol
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

fenderrocks wrote:I'm so proud of myself. I woke up this morning and didn't go back and listen to the leaks
/disappoint
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

fenderrocks wrote:I'm so proud of myself. I woke up this morning and didn't go back and listen to the leaks...thats 14 hours down....7 days left..lol
Nice ! I listened to 2s of the preview of "we're the same", I think I'll love this one too !

Edit: lol@Tomi :hehe:
punkbizzy
Bunkface
First name: Tiago

Post by punkbizzy »

I think Screaming Bloody Murder is out now somewhere in Asia...on iTunes at least...well, for the ones not wanting to wait...I think it will be online soon...

EDIT: Got the confirmation, It is out for about 30 minutes in Japan (iTunes)
Last edited by punkbizzy on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

TomiT14 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:I'm so proud of myself. I woke up this morning and didn't go back and listen to the leaks
/disappoint

How I love this one..
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Interview with Deryck
We told you about a couple of weeks ago, a preview of the new Sum 41 album, Screaming Bloody Murder, to be released on March 29. In preparation for imminent release, we publish this interview done with the band leader, Deryck Whibley, just hours before the sold out that the band did at Estragon in Bologna on 13 February. DISCOUNT questions about the new effort, but also of ideas, some "prophetic" on the world tour the band will begin in the coming weeks.

Hello Deryck, could you tell me some details on your new album ScreamingBloody Murder?
Screaming Bloody Murder is born into conditions that can be defined as anything but ordinary: her pregnancy, in fact, lasted almost three and a half. This is because we decided to take a different approach than in the past we have not said "well, let's make a record, " but we waited some time to make sure that the songs arrived alone, without any forcing. The delay is also due to the postponements, which have moved the release date a few months.

Screaming Bloody Murder is the darker, more aggressive record that youdialed. Do you think your band is becoming an adult?
Look, we're adults, certainly older than we were at the beginning! SBM, rather than from our aging, drew inspiration from our personal lives whatever happens in your life, whether big or small, has a precise meaning. All these facts help you become the person you are.

It 's the fourth time back in Italy, and not many months ago (IDAY,September 2010) have played a few meters from here .. Why did youchoose to go back again?
Simply because our fans have asked us know! We love to travel the world, was for us, Sum 41 would be on the road 365 days a year. The thing that may seem strange is that we are here without a record to promote. The lineup tonight will be different than usual .. There will be classics, but I also play some songs that we have rarely proposed in the past, beyond, of course, a couple of excerpts from the new album. In Italy I know that we have announced two sold out for weeks, but abroad the dates are going well: we did a great concert in Paris a few days ago and we had a lot in Germany.

Are you ready for the Australian Soundwave Festival? I read the bill a fewdays ago (Iron Maiden, Queens Of The Stone Age, etc. .. ed) and is trulyexplosive!
I agree with you. I am particularly excited because I have never seen in my life, a bill like that. The Soundwave will be an unforgettable experience for us: it will be the first time in which to play with the Iron Maiden, a band that I love and I've seen many times before, but with whom I've never played together in a festival. After the concerts in Australia we will be in Japan for a series of dates. Then wait for the album release and a few weeks we will begin our world tour to support that, most likely, will start in the United States and Canada. We'll play anywhere and will return very soon in Italy: do not remember the exact date, but trust that we will be here a few months after the release of new album (Sonisphere Festival, June 26, Ed.)

The last question is about your career as a producer: how was it workingwith your ex-wife Avril Lavigne in her latest album Goodbye Lullaby?
Avril will play a totally different genre from what I propose with Sum 41, but I consider myself a lover and an expert from the professional point of view, other musical genres. The work, however, was relatively simple: She came into the studio with his songs and my task was to produce the best sound I could do. I'm not supposed to put something of my own at all costs in these songs: it is not my intention to hinder the work of others, as a producer I am to have the duty to serve them.
Heather

Post by Heather »

yeah, I caved and listened to WAITS and the 12 min, but not the ballad. Honestly though, I've forgotten what they sounded like, so the disappointment can't be that bad..... :silly:

wheres that interview from because it seems odd...
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by 182sins »

Yeah it seems it's been google-translated !
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

fenderrocks wrote:yeah, I caved and listened to WAITS and the 12 min, but not the ballad. Honestly though, I've forgotten what they sounded like, so the disappointment can't be that bad..... :silly:

Yeah, who was pregnant for three and a half years? :holyshit: :hehe:
Last edited by Jables on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
41ariley
Bunkface
First name: Alex

Post by 41ariley »

i only wanted to listen to like a minute of each but i couldnt stop, so listened to them all, and i am not sad i did either, pure excellent
Heather

Post by Heather »

Sumchuck41 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:yeah, I caved and listened to WAITS and the 12 min, but not the ballad. Honestly though, I've forgotten what they sounded like, so the disappointment can't be that bad..... :silly:

or
but I consider myself a lover
I LOL'd at that one
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

*Crawling back to this thread*

Legitimate question: I pre-ordered the album from iTunes, but currently have the album Screaming Bloody Murder in my library with the rips etc

Will the one I bought replace these automatically or will a duplicate be made? Or should I slightly alter the track information?
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by HugoDisasters »

fenderrocks wrote:
Sumchuck41 wrote:

or
but I consider myself a lover
I LOL'd at that one
Yeah XDXDXD

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
41ariley
Bunkface
First name: Alex

Post by 41ariley »

fergal41 wrote:*Crawling back to this thread*

Legitimate question: I pre-ordered the album from iTunes, but currently have the album Screaming Bloody Murder in my library with the rips etc

Will the one I bought replace these automatically or will a duplicate be made? Or should I slightly alter the track information?
i'd slightly alter it like put a 2 after the rips, i wouldnt think itunes would replace them
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

41ariley wrote:
fergal41 wrote:*Crawling back to this thread*

i'd slightly alter it like put a 2 after the rips, i wouldnt think itunes would replace them
Cheers dude, have the album altered slightly too