'Streaming' Bloody Murder: Tracks 6-10!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan
Re: 'Streaming' Bloody Murder: Tracks 6-10!

Post by Ashasx »

dbauer91 wrote:
Ashasx wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:not gonna listen, but i'd appreciate an honest answer: is it actually heavy like chuck/dtli? cuz i saw some kid bitching on youtube about how it's poppy like uh.
It's perhaps more melodic like UH, but it's certainly not poppy. It's nothing like any Sum 41 album I've heard.
aight cool, but it's still badass right? like it's edgy and punky and shit?
Yep. Even a song which I didn't think I'd particularly like (What Am I to Say) manages to be one of the darker, slower songs this band has written. Loving it all.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

dbauer91 wrote:not gonna listen, but i'd appreciate an honest answer: is it actually heavy like chuck/dtli? cuz i saw some kid bitching on youtube about how it's poppy like uh.
Hard to describe to be honest. There is very little Underclass Hero sound. I would say that this is the heaviest and softest they've ever gone. When it goes soft, it goes soft, but when it goes heavy, it doesn't fuck around! It's easily their "biggest" sounding album for sure and the anger... whoa!
ScottEdmondson41
First name: Scott
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by ScottEdmondson41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Hard to describe to be honest. There is very little Underclass Hero sound. I would say that this is the heaviest and softest they've ever gone. When it goes soft, it goes soft, but when it goes heavy, it doesn't fuck around! It's easily their "biggest" sounding album for sure and the anger... whoa!
okay I tried, but Jeremy here just explained mostly what I was trying to say much better than I was able to. I wasn't really sure how to word it
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

Fuck no. Fuck no. Sick Of Everyone and Over Now are awesome enough to hold me on till the whole thing leaks. I mean.. WE NEED THE WHOLE THING!! :D
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

I'm loving this =)

This was perfect timing because I was getting really antsy and becoming very negative XD
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

You mean you've become sick of everyone now?
GreenDay75

Post by GreenDay75 »

if someone could please send me the link to download that would be just dandy! thank you
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

GreenDay75 wrote:if someone could please send me the link to download that would be just dandy! thank you
got a link heading your way
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
GreenDay75

Post by GreenDay75 »

I wouldn't say that there's no UH element in there at all. There are definitely moments that completely remind me of that sound imo, for example in what am i to say the beginning seems like a throwback to speak of the devil.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

GreenDay75 wrote:I wouldn't say that there's no UH element in there at all. There are definitely moments that completely remind me of that sound imo, for example in what am i to say the beginning seems like a throwback to speak of the devil.
That's a good thing in my opinion because Speak of the Devil and Pull the Curtain were the best songs on the record.
GreenDay75

Post by GreenDay75 »

kILLDR3n wrote:
GreenDay75 wrote:I wouldn't say that there's no UH element in there at all. There are definitely moments that completely remind me of that sound imo, for example in what am i to say the beginning seems like a throwback to speak of the devil.
That's a good thing in my opinion because Speak of the Devil and Pull the Curtain were the best songs on the record.
yeah i agree. from what i've heard so far it seems that deryck took the more creative elements of underclass hero and incorporated them into sbm
YSaleh2519

Post by YSaleh2519 »

Whoever was ripping and uploading, a PM link would be much appreciated. Really liking these tracks.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

kILLDR3n wrote:
I second that it's a good thing. Speak Of The Devil was one of my favourites off UH, if not my favourite. (It's up there with Walking Disaster)
pistolwhip

Post by pistolwhip »

Hmm, I found the direct link to the MP3s that AbsolutePunk uses for these songs by sifting through the data packets (Yeah I'm in college :hehe: ). Would it be against forum rules to post them? (Technically they are public files, just wanna make sure it's okay to post them).
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

pistolwhip wrote:Hmm, I found the direct link to the MP3s that AbsolutePunk uses for these songs by sifting through the data packets (Yeah I'm in college :hehe: ). Would it be against forum rules to post them? (Technically they are public files, just wanna make sure it's okay to post them).
lol nice! epic first post too. I would just PM to people who ask, not post them publicly on the forum.
Oh and welcome!
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenDay75

Post by GreenDay75 »

has anyone else picked up on the potential avril reference with the "Black Star" line in Sick of Everyone? i could be reading too much into that one, but isn't Black Star an Avril song?
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

pistolwhip wrote:Hmm, I found the direct link to the MP3s that AbsolutePunk uses for these songs by sifting through the data packets (Yeah I'm in college :hehe: ). Would it be against forum rules to post them? (Technically they are public files, just wanna make sure it's okay to post them).
Fairly immense first post dude! Would you be able to PM me the links? :blush: :happy:
theystolemytriangle
First name: Isa (ee.sah)
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Vox

Post by theystolemytriangle »

I promised myself I wouldn't listen to the leak, but I suck at self control. :holyshit:
From the tracks we've heard, it was definitely worth the wait. This album sounds amazing. I can't wait to get it in the mail next week.
pistolwhip

Post by pistolwhip »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
lol nice! epic first post too. I would just PM to people who ask, not post them publicly on the forum.
Oh and welcome!
Yeah I guess you could call it epic haha.
I got some time, so I'll fire off some PMs. Thanks for the warm welcome. :grin:
BennerKB6
First name: Kyle
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by BennerKB6 »

fergal41 wrote:
Fairly immense first post dude! Would you be able to PM me the links? :blush: :happy: