Discuss Dave's current bands here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: just thought I'd share

Post by TomiT14 »

fergal41 wrote:Tom is more a part of the band than Dave was during the Chuck era. The Sums probably haven't felt as good about themselves as a band as they do now since they did around '01, '02. With the four guys now, they're all really good friends and stand for the same thing. I think Deryck wouldn't ever welcome Dave back into the band after coming so close to losing it all during the GCY tour and all the unrest that came with it.
Well said. My thoughts exactly.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

I don't think the Sums would let Dave back into the band and get rid of Tom but maybe they will let Dave play a show with them, just one more time :winkwink:
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Balance & Composure. wrote:I don't blame him for quitting the band before Underclass Hero. That album was bad.
Well im sure this album will be a lot different if he didn't leave?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

SBMurder wrote:
Balance & Composure. wrote:I don't blame him for quitting the band before Underclass Hero. That album was bad.
Well im sure this album will be a lot different if he didn't leave?
would be . ... and probably yes,Deryck started writing Chuck to keep Dave in the band,so if Dave would be with them now,Deryck would probably write a heavy record to keep him satisfied enough to stay ...I must say that I liked it very much :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
whibz
Bunkface
First name: Andrew
Instrument 2: Tuba

Post by whibz »

I have Dave Baksh on facebook and when asked to go back to Sum 41 his reply was:
I am very happy in Organ Thieves. Tom is a [good] guitar payer I look up to and respect. I think they are now a new band that sounds awesomer.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Thanks for the feedback guys! Dave is a cool guy and I really wish he'd come back with the sums, but I don't see that happening unfortunately. I will upload a screenpic soon like some requested.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Well, this is rather interesting! His general feelings about leaving the band come across as real, as if he would genuinely would want to come back. It's kind of like The Sums don't want to discuss Dave's split from the band anymore, as if there were hard feelings and he left on bad terms. Hmm.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Last edited by sumfan4 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PyroAMYac
Bunkface
First name: Amy
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Guitar
Last.fm Username: Mckredie

Post by PyroAMYac »

whibz wrote:I have Dave Baksh on facebook and when asked to go back to Sum 41 his reply was:
I am very happy in Organ Thieves. Tom is a [good] guitar payer I look up to and respect. I think they are now a new band that sounds awesomer.
Well, yes they kind of ARE a new band really ... Although there's still a distinct sound through all the genre changes... Wish he'd stayed though, just for a bit longer, and UH would have been a helluva lot better :/

"I wish it was raining, 'cause I hate every beautiful day"
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

PyroAMYac wrote:Wish he'd stayed though, just for a bit longer, and UH would have been a helluva lot better :/
Well, like Deryck has said many times, Deryck has always been the one who has wrote the songs. Dave might have had some input with the solos and some riffs, but the main ideas for songs have always been Deryck's work.

When the band decided to make a new record (UH), they all sat down and listened to the demos Deryck had recorded. After hearing the demos, Dave decided to leave. So the main ideas for the songs were already there, and I doubt Dave would have had a major input changing those songs into something else.
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

TomiT14 wrote:
PyroAMYac wrote:Wish he'd stayed though, just for a bit longer, and UH would have been a helluva lot better :/
Well, like Deryck has said many times, Deryck has always been the one who has wrote the songs. Dave might have had some input with the solos and some riffs, but the main ideas for songs have always been Deryck's work.

When the band decided to make a new record (UH), they all sat down and listened to the demos Deryck had recorded. After hearing the demos, Dave decided to leave. So the main ideas for the songs were already there, and I doubt Dave would have had a major input changing those songs into something else.
Did you hear any good riffs in UH?! I know he wouldn't have had a LOT of input, but maybe he could have made it a little more about the guitar, and less....weird and experimental-like...

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

PyroAMYac wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Did you hear any good riffs in UH?! I know he wouldn't have had a LOT of input, but maybe he could have made it a little more about the guitar, and less....weird and experimental-like...
Dave did a few solos, and the bitter end intro.. that's about it.. he never did any riffs..
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Dave did a few solos, and the bitter end intro.. that's about it.. he never did any riffs..
Hey I was just quoting you,
blackhawk1105 wrote:Dave might have had some input with the solos and some riffs

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

PyroAMYac wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:Dave did a few solos, and the bitter end intro.. that's about it.. he never did any riffs..
blackhawk1105 wrote:Dave might have had some input with the solos and some riffs
huh!? what!? when!?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

PyroAMYac wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Dave might have had some input with the solos and some riffs
fixed.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

2712 wrote:
PyroAMYac wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Dave might have had some input with the solos and some riffs
fixed.
...OHH. Sorry Blackhawk, seems I need to check my quotations better :/ Thanks. I'll just....go away now... :nervous:

Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I actually really want Dave to come back lol, and have Tom stay. I don't really like the way Deryck plays guitars (weird I know lol), but I like it when he's just singing without a guitar. Seeing Dave up there shredding with Tom would be so cool. They could even do twin solos!
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

Tyler. wrote:I actually really want Dave to come back lol, and have Tom stay. I don't really like the way Deryck plays guitars (weird I know lol), but I like it when he's just singing without a guitar. Seeing Dave up there shredding with Tom would be so cool. They could even do twin solos!
Okay reading that actually made me tingle all over xD But wow the thought of it, would that not just be the COOLEST thing ever :2cool4u: