First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

^^ Argeed
[donate][/donate]
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

i think every album has its owm goods and bads. I agree that they seem to improve themselves every time, they just have a way of doing fantastic music, and i think it's a matter of oppinion.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

I don't like all killer. It's poppy.

Guest is my noob.
Phantom
Billy Spleen

Post by Phantom »

Well, the 80 or 80% of the opinions states that Sum haz never found their style and blah blah. And I think that you can get it like two points of view:

- One is like the whatthefruit's point of view.
- The second is like I see that whole thing. I see Sum 41 like a dynamic band. It's true that it seems like they were driving without destination (due, maybe, because de Browndsound affair, that comes from few years ago), but I still have the feeling that sum are a very dynamic and creative band (without count on the supposed ripps of other songs). I love the way they reinvent their own sound. Thsi happened in EVERY album. And I love it.
jericho

Post by jericho »

whatthefruit wrote: we obviously have very different views on the music world. with me, i think bands should stay loyal to the fans. i'll admit, i did find sum41 when they made it big with All Killer No Filler so i can't say that i'm from the beginning, but i think that the bands should take into consideration their original fan base. a direct change in style of playing, something that their old fanbase might not like, is like a slap to the face (in my perspective).
I was sad that dave left but i understood that he wasn't happy. I'm following what he's doing with "The Brown Brigade" and hopefully he'll have fun with that he's doing.
And yes it is up to the band to make the decisions on what they produce next, but that doesn't mean they should forget about the fans opinions. Afterall, if it wasn't for them, they wouldn't be where they are now.
so you basically want them to release the same album over and over again? If I understand you correctly? wouldn't that get quite boring quite fast? Imagine bowie's fans would have said that after 'the rise and fall of ziggy'...no earthling, no heroes, no colabbo with NIN...I think every artist that has a bit of longitude to their career gets that by not repeating himself. Bowie: musical chameleon, Prince: no two albums that sound the same, hagdonna: 'reinvents herself every album'...And I don't mention these because their music is so great (xcept bowie and P.) but because they've been in this bussines for decades...not to be rude...just because they did the exact opposite of what you want sum to do.
MissWhibley
Walking Disaster
First name: April
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by MissWhibley »

dearyou_182 wrote:The new album is to incredible for words.

Its like AKNF + Chuck + HHOP
agreed and its the best,