Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by TomiT14 »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:I feel I've done my part with the leak discussion for now, so I'm going to change the topic.

About the video, I'm starting to think that we shouldn't count on it. The label is already pushing BIME as the second single, so I wonder if they have any interest anymore to invest in shooting a video for the first single. Especially with Sums' touring schedule, they don't have too much time to shoot that before the album release.
Well, BIME has been removed from Youtube according to a new thread, so I believe there still will be a vid for SBM, Sum 41 have said it's basically a representation of the album and they had an idea for the video so it would be a waste not to do one, I know it's late but they should do it. And afterwards confirm BIME as the second single and do a vid for it also. It would be better to get one out asap but we know Sum 41, it'll end up being done in April.
Even though it got banned, it's still available for download on iTunes if you pre-order. And I don't think it's just a random song, it must be the next single. I'm guessing it would be fully released before the album release, or just the days around it. Even if the Sums shot the SBM video right after Spain, I doubt the video would be released before the album release.

So my point, I'm guessing BIME would be released before the SBM video would be ready for release. So I'm wondering what is the label's interest rate in shooting the SBM vid. Of course I hope I'm wrong. The best case scenario would be that BIME would get released only after the SBM video has got some air time.
sir_dandan
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by sir_dandan »

At this stage would it be financially sensible to shoot a video for SBM?
Surely by the time they would be able to shoot a video a second single (Whether it's BIME or not) would be due and need promotion.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, I agree that there's probably no time for them with this touring schedule to actually shoot a video for SBM to come out before the album's release. I still hope they'll shoot a video for SBM in time for the release, maybe even release it on the same day as the album's retail date.. but with the Sums, there's not much chance this will happen.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

I've never used iTunes before, but decided to pre-order Screaming Bloody Murder the other night for teh lulz

I think my iTunes account pays for products with my Visa (which debits money from my bank account)

Once I pre-ordered it, I got no e-mail confirmation, no Blood In My Eyes download, nothing came up on the screen. It just came up on Bing 'Fergal has pre-ordered SBM by Sum 41'

I'm a bit worried to be honest. I later discovered that my bank account will actually be empty until next week, but it still surely would have sent me a message of error or something of the like? I just want to be assured that I'll have the album on release date and I also want the BIME download!

Anyone here got any experience here, am I supposed to get confirmation or does it just arrive!? :ohshiz:
Jeremy Kill
"Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It's weird, I never got a confirmation email from buying Blood In My Eyes. I also wasn't able to pre-order the album for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
billyspleen88
First name: danny

Post by billyspleen88 »

does anyone know if there will be a song that is on the hard copy of the album and not the itunes album or vice versa like on underclass hero with look at me and take a look at yourself.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
Re:

Post by kILLDR3n »

Jeremy Kill wrote:It's weird, I never got a confirmation email from buying Blood In My Eyes. I also wasn't able to pre-order the album for some reason.

Neither did I. Was I supposed to? Are you implying that it may not have charged us?
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Re: Re:

Post by Queso Man »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:It's weird, I never got a confirmation email from buying Blood In My Eyes. I also wasn't able to pre-order the album for some reason.

Neither did I. Was I supposed to? Are you implying that it may not have charged us?
Me too... I'm worried I accidentally pre-ordered the album or something
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

TomiT14 wrote:
MetalMilitant41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:I feel I've done my part with the leak discussion for now, so I'm going to change the topic.

About the video, I'm starting to think that we shouldn't count on it. The label is already pushing BIME as the second single, so I wonder if they have any interest anymore to invest in shooting a video for the first single. Especially with Sums' touring schedule, they don't have too much time to shoot that before the album release.
Well, BIME has been removed from Youtube according to a new thread, so I believe there still will be a vid for SBM, Sum 41 have said it's basically a representation of the album and they had an idea for the video so it would be a waste not to do one, I know it's late but they should do it. And afterwards confirm BIME as the second single and do a vid for it also. It would be better to get one out asap but we know Sum 41, it'll end up being done in April.
Even though it got banned, it's still available for download on iTunes if you pre-order. And I don't think it's just a random song, it must be the next single. I'm guessing it would be fully released before the album release, or just the days around it. Even if the Sums shot the SBM video right after Spain, I doubt the video would be released before the album release.

So my point, I'm guessing BIME would be released before the SBM video would be ready for release. So I'm wondering what is the label's interest rate in shooting the SBM vid. Of course I hope I'm wrong. The best case scenario would be that BIME would get released only after the SBM video has got some air time.
It's still on my channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DyxDNec ... ideo_title
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

iTunes never charge me straight away and I never get an email confirmation straight away either. they usually send me an invoice showing what I've bought and charge me like a week or so after I've bought something.
drummerlikestevo
Billy Spleen
First name: Lex

Post by drummerlikestevo »

fergal41 wrote:I've never used iTunes before, but decided to pre-order Screaming Bloody Murder the other night for teh lulz

I think my iTunes account pays for products with my Visa (which debits money from my bank account)

Once I pre-ordered it, I got no e-mail confirmation, no Blood In My Eyes download, nothing came up on the screen. It just came up on Bing 'Fergal has pre-ordered SBM by Sum 41'

I'm a bit worried to be honest. I later discovered that my bank account will actually be empty until next week, but it still surely would have sent me a message of error or something of the like? I just want to be assured that I'll have the album on release date and I also want the BIME download!

Anyone here got any experience here, am I supposed to get confirmation or does it just arrive!? :ohshiz:
those kinda things vary between different itunes stores. i believe the blood in my eyes download was only for the north american store.
soufianezoubeiri
First name: Soufiane

Post by soufianezoubeiri »

Im really confused now.. the piano balled was number 10 on the album right?
On itunes it saids Crash and on the sum41 website it saids Over Now?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

soufianezoubeiri wrote:Im really confused now.. the piano balled was number 10 on the album right?
The Sum 41 website fails.. blame IR
soufianezoubeiri
First name: Soufiane

Post by soufianezoubeiri »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
soufianezoubeiri wrote:Im really confused now.. the piano balled was number 10 on the album right?
The Sum 41 website fails.. blame IR
Ah thats a shame, i liked Over Now more than Crash
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

another question

i know there is a 12 minute song on the album

but are there 15 songs on the album( 1 one of the 15 songs is a 12 minute song)

or

12+3(12 minute song) songs onthe album
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

The 12 minute song is just 3 songs that could be considered one song...

btw this is an amazing cover!
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Yeah that cover is good. :)
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

wow, damn good one. I'd love to see more of this stuff coming :happy:.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Check his 'No Brains live' cover it's amazing