Soundgarden

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
BanZ0
First name: Ignas
Instrument 2: used to play piano

Soundgarden

Post by BanZ0 »

I'm not sure how many of you people here even know them, but they're basicly been around since the late 80s and are considered legends of the grunge genre (The big 4 of grunge are Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains). They disbanded in '97 and reunited in early 2010. And now they're working on a new record! I'm very excited, seems that 2011 will be a good year with the Sums releasing a new record and now this!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=153997
So, what are your thoughs? Do you like/dislike SG?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Soundgarden

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, I love Soundgarden! I was very excited when on January 1, 2010, Chris Cornell announced Soundgarden is back, especially after 2009 was such a lame year for Chris who released the Timbaland produced album Scream which was a total disaster. So it was cool to hear Chris is going back to do Grunge.

They said for many times that it's for only live shows for now, and they're not sure about a new album, but I'm glad to hear they decided to eventually record a new album. Good news!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

from this big four,I only listen to Nirvana,but I know all of those 4 bands ...I am kinda beginning to like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I think Nirvana, though is the most known, most popular and most notorious band of all of these, and in the genre... I think it's the worst hehe. Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and all so much better.
Another great grunge band (well, a project really) is Temple of the Dog which was basically Pearl Jam + Chris Cornell project. Though Chris sang most vocals, Eddie Vedder did mostly backing vocals, but their most popular song is Hunger Strike which is a duet.
BanZ0

Post by BanZ0 »

Hentaiman wrote:I think Nirvana, though is the most known, most popular and most notorious band of all of these, and in the genre... I think it's the worst hehe. Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and all so much better.
Another great grunge band (well, a project really) is Temple of the Dog which was basically Pearl Jam + Chris Cornell project. Though Chris sang most vocals, Eddie Vedder did mostly backing vocals, but their most popular song is Hunger Strike which is a duet.
haha yeah, Temple of the Dog was awesome, I especially like "Reach Down", which is really long, 12 mins if I'm not mistaken, BUT IT HAS EPIC GUITAR SOLOZ :D And yeh, I'm very glad too that Chris is returning to his grunge roots, I would not have minded a solo album like Euphoria Morning, which I think was good, but Scream was just....bleh..
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

BanZ0 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:I think Nirvana, though is the most known, most popular and most notorious band of all of these, and in the genre... I think it's the worst hehe. Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and all so much better.
haha yeah, Temple of the Dog was awesome, I especially like "Reach Down", which is really long, 12 mins if I'm not mistaken, BUT IT HAS EPIC GUITAR SOLOZ :D And yeh, I'm very glad too that Chris is returning to his grunge roots, I would not have minded a solo album like Euphoria Morning, which I think was good, but Scream was just....bleh..
Yeah it's an epic song. I think my fav off Temple of the Dog is Call Me a Dog. I also like Chris' solo acoustic version of this that he played on some acoustic shows he did.

What was good in Scream though are the rock versions Chris did for both Long Gone and Never Far Away. The rock versions of these songs sounded great! And it was reported in late 2009 that he is working on reworking the whole album as a rock album with real guitars and shit, but I guess he scrapped that idea.
BanZ0

Post by BanZ0 »

Hentaiman wrote:
BanZ0 wrote:
Yeah it's an epic song. I think my fav off Temple of the Dog is Call Me a Dog. I also like Chris' solo acoustic version of this that he played on some acoustic shows he did.

What was good in Scream though are the rock versions Chris did for both Long Gone and Never Far Away. The rock versions of these songs sounded great! And it was reported in late 2009 that he is working on reworking the whole album as a rock album with real guitars and shit, but I guess he scrapped that idea.
I never got around to listening to the rock remixes, but wow, Never Far Away is pretty impressive! And I guess rock-ified and de-Timbaland-ized Scream wouldn't be that bad :D And I still can't contain my excitement about the new album news, it's like SBM all over again! Brightened my whole day :D
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, the rock versions are awesome. I was really excited to hear the whole scream album without Timbaland and all rocked out and shit.. but I guess it won't be happening cuz last time there was any indication of it was in October 2009. I hope the new Soundgarden album will be good though.. I'm afraid that it'll be a major disappointment. Black Rain (the "new" song) was pretty bad... then again, it was a long lost b-side from the Badmotorfinger sessions, so it can't really tell nothing about what to come.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I hope I get to see these guys live this year. though I do prefer Pearl Jam.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

seems like I am the only one who prefers Nirvana to all these 3 :P that may be caused by my unbelievable need to use a shotgun to blow off my head

btw: it should be Big Five , with Staind in ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge