Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: I've listened to SBM! [Spoilers!]

Post by Andros »

DW_60 wrote:The album arrives in a few months! You'll love it!

I love it !!!!!
Only 44 days 8 hours and 12 minutes until Screaming Bloody Murder but I wanna hear the album right now :balling:
Last edited by Andros on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

haha he is so perfect! :glad:
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

DW_60 wrote:haha he is so perfect! :glad:
:glad: I have a countdown gadget in my desktop
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

haha! Yeah, we have a little more than a month. Though I'm sure that it will leak in a month!
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Hentaiman wrote:haha! Yeah, we have a little more than a month. Though I'm sure that it will leak in a month!
Yeah!! I hope in this week or the last week of February :glad:
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Andros wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:haha! Yeah, we have a little more than a month. Though I'm sure that it will leak in a month!
I think it will leak in the first or second week of March, about 2-3 weeks before the official release. Seems like that will be the case, although many sources have the album now and it still haven't leaked, so I guess they're all keeping it to themselves and all, so I doubt it'll leak in February.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Hentaiman wrote:
Andros wrote:
I think it will leak in the first or second week of March, about 2-3 weeks before the official release. Seems like that will be the case, although many sources have the album now and it still haven't leaked, so I guess they're all keeping it to themselves and all, so I doubt it'll leak in February.
You're right, we have to wait a little bit. :holyshit:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gregorovich wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but in songs like Skumfuk and Screaming Bloody Murder I feel a more mature, believable anger than in the traditional "spit-in-your-face" Sum 41 songs like ANIC or King of Contradiction.
That was the best part of those songs! Maturity is all well and good, but you need energy to back it up!
You don't think Screaming Bloody Murder or Skumfuk have energy?
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

wasn't it stated that skumfuk was like the 'king of contradiction' or 'welcome to hell' of this album? though from reading one of the reviews, it's not the shortest track (besides exit song) and that jessica kill is the only other song that's less than 3 minutes long. personally i liked king of contradiction and welcome to hell more than i liked anic, never wake up, or tht. those three tracks were probably done as jokes with a lot of energy and rabid hate, or at least in anic. songs like king of contradiction and welcome to hell are also fast and energetic, but i think lyrically king of contradiction is very strong.

i really hope the tracklist order is the same though, i'm prepared to accept the track order well enough to think that when the leak does happen, that the first track will be reason to believe, then the first single, then the new version of a song we also know, then more new stuff, etc, etc. i know this album is supposed to be varied in style, but i hope the same maturity carries throughout. in does this look infected, i think that tracks like my direction and all messed up were too poppy to fit the album
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Volted wrote:wasn't it stated that skumfuk was like the 'king of contradiction' or 'welcome to hell' of this album? though from reading one of the reviews, it's not the shortest track (besides exit song) and that jessica kill is the only other song that's less than 3 minutes long. personally i liked king of contradiction and welcome to hell more than i liked anic, never wake up, or tht. those three tracks were probably done as jokes with a lot of energy and rabid hate, or at least in anic. songs like king of contradiction and welcome to hell are also fast and energetic, but i think lyrically king of contradiction is very strong.

i really hope the tracklist order is the same though, i'm prepared to accept the track order well enough to think that when the leak does happen, that the first track will be reason to believe, then the first single, then the new version of a song we also know, then more new stuff, etc, etc. i know this album is supposed to be varied in style, but i hope the same maturity carries throughout. in does this look infected, i think that tracks like my direction and all messed up were too poppy to fit the album
All Messed Up and My Direction were straight rock songs. They are probably the least heavy of all the songs on the album, but definitely not poppy.
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

yeah, sorry, poor choice of words i did. i just felt they were a little out of place in that album, though after years of listening to it, i got used to them being there.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Volted wrote:wasn't it stated that skumfuk was like the 'king of contradiction' or 'welcome to hell' of this album? though from reading one of the reviews, it's not the shortest track (besides exit song) and that jessica kill is the only other song that's less than 3 minutes long.
It wasn't stated officially by anyone in relation to the band, it was just speculated by fans when it first leaked because it was only 2:21 in length and was lyrically a "hate-song" in the vein of ANIC and King of Contradiction. With the new intro, Skumfuk comes off as a more legitimate song than just a short ripper for the sake of having them since they've appeared in past Sum 41 albums.

Looking at the review, I don't think such a song exists that will remind us of being the "King of Contradiction" or "ANIC" of the album. If anything were to come close, it would have to be Jessica Kill/s, but that song is 2:50 in length.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Volted wrote:wasn't it stated that skumfuk was like the 'king of contradiction' or 'welcome to hell' of this album? though from reading one of the reviews, it's not the shortest track (besides exit song) and that jessica kill is the only other song that's less than 3 minutes long.
It wasn't stated officially by anyone in relation to the band, it was just speculated by fans when it first leaked because it was only 2:21 in length and was lyrically a "hate-song" in the vein of ANIC and King of Contradiction. With the new intro, Skumfuk comes off as a more legitimate song than just a short ripper for the sake of having them since they've appeared in past Sum 41 albums.

Looking at the review, I don't think such a song exists that will remind us of being the "King of Contradiction" or "ANIC" of the album. If anything were to come close, it would have to be Jessica Kill/s, but that song is 2:50 in length.
No it definitely wouldn't be Jessica Kill/s. I mean we know that. I just don't think they have one of those type of songs on the record this time. I wouldn't compare ANIC to KoC either. I would do ANIC, THT, Never Wake Up as group and Welcome to Hell and KoC as a group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

^
Yeah, I agree with that. There are WTH and KOC which are very similar, all are around 1:40-1:50 minutes and are just these fast but kinda smart, meaningful (in a way).. and there's THT, NWU and ANIC which are totally crazy fast joke songs that are definitely there for the joke of it.. but have tons of energy, though you can't understand a word in them haha, and all clock at under 1 minute.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Hey Amin, I really love this guitar part from pre-pro vids, I don't even know if it's sum 41 but I gotta ask. Did you hear it on the record?

0:18-0:25
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

it's
Spoiler: show
BLOOD IN MY EYES Part or Deryck sings "and I'm over you, congratulations" I can't forget it

EDIT: He play
Spoiler: show
Jessica Kill
00:58
Image Image

Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Amin I have a question, this riff is on the album? Really I like the riff

In the 1:38 - 1:45
Last edited by Andros on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

speaking obvectively, is it as badass as chuck? like really is it?
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

Andros wrote:Amin I have a question, this riff is on the album? Really I like the riff

In the 1:38 - 1:45
i don't remember
dbauer91 wrote:speaking obvectively, is it as badass as chuck? like really is it?
It is better than "Chuck" is darker

Jessica Kill 6:05 & 9:07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ntuqTgsG4
Image Image

Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

samueeL wrote:Hey Amin, I really love this guitar part from pre-pro vids, I don't even know if it's sum 41 but I gotta ask. Did you hear it on the record?

0:18-0:25
Wow, that video is from December 14, 2009. Time has flown by...