Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Re: I've listened to SBM! [Spoilers!]

Post by Queso Man »

Let's all vow not to download the leak!! if it's low quality. But everybody download the high quality one!!
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:
ptido wrote:Translation, with some mistakes, you'll have the correct one tomorrow.

Spoiler: show
After two long years of waiting, i had the chance to listen to SBM a few times (even if some songs are missing and that they're not in the right order)

Reason to believe :

A weird sound in the first 20 seconds. A sort of atmosphere music, just to create a little suspense and the rang the bells with a drum rythm similar to the "with me" one and a guitar riff (extact). Deryck's vocal style is very good, the band didn't lied, the atmosphere is very dark, like Tim Burton's films. The chorus is very effective! This is some BIG Sum 41! It's one of my favorite! The song ends with a little piece of piano (Extract), a sweet part, very beautiful.

SBM

Well, you already know it, don't you?

Skumfuk

A Palm-mute acoustic guitar, a beautiful melody with some 'Ohohohoh's. This introduction could really fit with an 'Amytivillle' Film. The last drum introduction has been deleted and goes right to the guitar part! The transition isn't perfect. For the rest of the song, there ain't no changes.

Jessica Kill

The intro is perfect! A sweet guitar melody with a disquieting effect, and then the drum comes at once! The vocals are quite calm on a quick verse with some bass guitar/drum/arpegio guitar. And then comes an explosive Chorus! Deryck screams a lot, the notes are quite high, like many parts in this album. The song could have been into 'Chuck', no problems. It sounds like 'Still waiting' in some parts. The outro sounds like Gerard Way (MCR Singer) and also like March of the Dogs (nearly in the end when deryck sings quickly). For me, it's the most aggresive song of the record. Near the bridge, there's an aggressive riff! (Extract)

What am i to Say?

The song strats with an acoustic guitar. Derick's voice comes just after it. Maybe like 'Best of me'. The melody if very beautiful, and make you feel like you're in a dream. A very beautiful song, like Pieces and Coe.

Crash

The song begins with Deryck's voice. The 'horror film' atmosphere is still present. If a video would be planned for this song, i would higly see the band playing in a hunted house. After the chorus, there's a very slow part, unlike the 'punchy' chorus. Then, while the song could end, here comes a new riff (extract). Deryck sings on it. The end of the song really affected me! It sounds like the count your last blessing's outro. It sounds beautiful and there are a lots of back vocals on it!

Sick Of Everyone

The song strats with a guitar riff, which joins all the instruments (extract) which will lead to an less serious part with some rythmed piano (Extract) and Deryck's voice. It make you feel like you're in a 'cabaret', i liked it a lot! Then, the song starts again, with a chorus taht ends with 'Sick of Everyone, Sick of everyone now!'. This chorus is very good and energetic! One of my favorite on the whole album!

Hapiness Machines

A darker atmosphere than all the other songs on the album. It is very heavy with some slow and sweet parts. A kind of contrast. The second hallf of the song begins with a high guitar riff, like SBM's one. The, Deryck's voice come back again. It sounds like 'Over my head''s chorus melody! Very interesting and good!
The song ends with a very slow part, with many back vocals, once again.
Your missing like 6 songs...
Yes I know we just didn't finish the translation yet that's all :winkwink:
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

finglemaster wrote:Let's all vow not to download the leak!! if it's low quality. But everybody download the high quality one!!
I support this for all those who want to download the leak. You owe it to yourselves to listen to this album in the best light possible. Don't settle for the first leak that comes out! Unless that leak is extremely good quality.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
finglemaster wrote:Let's all vow not to download the leak!! if it's low quality. But everybody download the high quality one!!
I support this for all those who want to download the leak. You owe it to yourselves to listen to this album in the best light possible. Don't settle for the first leak that comes out! Unless that leak is extremely good quality.
thats the only reason I won't download it, I want to hear the songs the way they were intended, going to be hard though
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

You're so lucky to have listened to the whole album! Favorite song?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

damn, i was gonna say that im gonna listen to this album for the first time on my car's stereo, but i won't be able to from march 25 until april 3rd. guess i just have to settle for head phones, as long as i get 50 minutes to listen to it, ill be good.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Awesome review!!! Really can't wait for hear the album!! I think the album maybe can leak very soon, because many people are taking the chance to hear and that means there are copies of the album floating around, and there is a chance that someone can leak the album.
noexcuses
First name: Melanie

Post by noexcuses »

this is a bit random but has anyone (like myself) tryed playing reason to believe's piano leak part on thier piano? the notes like dont exsite lol

Click to view the fullsize image.http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 0207_n.jpg[/imgwidth]
im Mitchell's (blackhawk1105) noob!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

noexcuses wrote:this is a bit random but has anyone (like myself) tryed playing reason to believe's piano leak part on thier piano? the notes like dont exsite lol
Hmh? It's pretty much just playing around with Dm-Bb-F-Am. Simple & beautiful!
bizzyd53
Billy Spleen
First name: David
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by bizzyd53 »

i feel like such a nonchalant sum 41 fan. you guys are all into it.

i am jealous.
Baby, if you give me the world...I'll burn it right down.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hTMVuV45EB4/T ... -Three.jpg[/imgwidth]
king of jesters
Bunkface

Post by king of jesters »

wait so not of the song samples from the studio updates from the JASHER71 account
made the album? not even that piano part where deryck says "i dont even know if what your hearing will make the record"?
i mean apart from the machine gun tempo in sick of everyone

ohhhh and amin what song has the lyrics
"i dont believe in ignorance no more ourselves we decieve"?
Last edited by king of jesters on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
exnay on the hombre
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

was it clarified which song the "i don't believe in ignorance no more ourselves we deceive" or something vocal part, was a part of or if it made the album?

also i'll ask again to amin, does the album sound like it would be considered explicit?
noexcuses

Post by noexcuses »

samueeL wrote:
noexcuses wrote:this is a bit random but has anyone (like myself) tryed playing reason to believe's piano leak part on thier piano? the notes like dont exsite lol
sadly im not good with knowing notes i am a shitty piano player but

the first line is
D F D C A F D
well thats the melody part

Click to view the fullsize image.http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 0207_n.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

king of jesters wrote:wait so not of the song samples from the studio updates from the JASHER71 account
made the album? not even that piano part where deryck says "i dont even know if what your hearing will make the record"?
i mean apart from the machine gun tempo in sick of everyone
I'm sure most of the samples from the 2010 studio updates have made the album. The piano part from the first update was still from 2009, so there was a good chance things could've changed and that's why it got dropped.

Though, it doesn't mean it isn't part of a b-side or something.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I think I'm most anxious to hear "What Am I To Say" and "Over Now" just sound like nice best of me/pieces type songs that i really enjoy

Also looking forward to the "new" sounding songs like TFYTG and BYDWK. I picture a late 50's early 60s vibe for some reason

And I have a feeling I will be playing the "Exit Song" on guitar a lot. I play LAM practically every day.
king of jesters
Bunkface

Post by king of jesters »

noexcuses wrote:
samueeL wrote:

the first line is
D F D C A F D
im not a piano player but i just tabbed it out on guitar pro
cause i wanna play it on guitar haha
you want the file?
exnay on the hombre
noexcuses

Post by noexcuses »

king of jesters wrote:
noexcuses wrote:
samueeL wrote:

the first line is
D F D C A F D
im not a piano player but i just tabbed it out on guitar pro
cause i wanna play it on guitar haha
you want the file?
yes! :happy:

Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

fenderrocks wrote: And I have a feeling I will be playing the "Exit Song" on guitar a lot. I play LAM practically every day.
It's an incredibly powerful song, and yet so simple.

Ahh! Seriously it's not fair how excited I am for this album :suicide: :suicide:
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

I apologize if this has been asked/or the answer is somewhere else, but how many 1:30 to 2:00 minute songs are there on the album (ex. King of Contradiction)? Also, what is the total length of the album?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Ashasx wrote:I apologize if this has been asked/or the answer is somewhere else, but how many 1:30 to 2:00 minute songs are there on the album (ex. King of Contradiction)? Also, what is the total length of the album?
Not sure about the first part, but the total length is a little bit under 50 minutes i believe.